Ice Nova - Flame Surge - Three Dragons in Progress [Torment]

Greetings

This is a little summary for my Stream with the build i am currently using.

The idea of this build is to make Ice Nova work (efficient).

For this i am using Ice Nova with Cold to Fire and the unique Three Dragons Helmet. With this combination my Ice Nova can Shock and Burn (and a little freeze with Herald of Thunder). For Singletarget i use a 4l Flame Surge. The enemies burn from the Ice Nova (or a Fire Trap if you want) and get 50% MORE dmg from FS. Flame Surge cant burn even on crits but with Three Dragons it can Shock, resulting in another 50% MORE multiplier. This combination can 1crit many Mapbosses with a 4l.

Current Gear

Spoiler

-Three Dragons is required in my opinion to shock with the Ice Nova and Flame Surge for more Damage.
-Cloak of Defiance is one of the best affordable defensive Body Armor for casters. Carcass Jack could be possible too for more aoe and Damage or some random rare Chest with enough ES to make your AA work.
-I like Windscream in this Setup. I can use Assassins Mark + Warlords Mark with this. I use Warlords because i like the free Life Leech slot in my Nova and Manaleech is nice too with the Cloak of Defiance.
-Rathpith because i have no better rare Shield, Saffels is always good too :)
-Garbage Rares because the Character is very very young ;)
-swap resist pot on need or use granites/jade Flasks depending on maps/mapmods etc.
-Manaflask is debatable, maybe i swap it for a Hybrid Flask or something. Does work nice with CoD so far.

Gems
Spoiler

The hawt part

Ice Nova + Echo + Conc Effect + Cold to Fire
Ice Nova + Echo + Conc Effect + Cold to Fire + Life Leech (no Dual Curse)
Ice Nova + Echo + Conc Effect + Cold to Fire + Power Charge on crit or Crit Multi/Faster Casting
Ice Nova + Echo + Conc Effect + Cold to Fire + Crit Multi + Faster Casting (6l Dual Curse)
currently i use Power Charge on crit because its waaaaaay easier to keep the charges up. 20% Assassins Mark could change it. In Party you need it, cant rely on Assassins there

Flame Surge + Echo + Conc Effect + Faster Casting
Maybe i drop faster casting for Fire Penetration or Crit Multi, could be better.

Cwdt + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Duration

Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark + Warlords Mark
Use Reduced mana for Singlecurse

Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration
drop faster Casting if your Arctic Armor doesnt fit in the Body Armour or use an Unset Ring

Herald of Ice + Clarity + Reduced Mana

Swap the Cwdt combo with Heald of Ice + Clarity to use a 40% Aura like PoF or PoL if wished ;)

Current Build

Bandits

Spoiler

Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kill
Merciless - Alira
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jan 4, 2015, 10:53:15 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for this build. Really fun to just wreck the whole screen. This is one I'll play for a long time.
i need to turn on some notifications for the forum ;D Thanks, glad you enjoy it!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Nice warlords + CoD opoppopopopopppppppppeeee:P

That what i suggested in my HC variant of supernova you basically never OOM which mean never die.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info