Self-Cast Arc Witch! 1.3.0 (non-crit) [Cheap! HC Viable! Clear 77-78 maps!]

Hey everyone, just wanted to get my little guide out there since some people have asked me about the build.

This is nothing special, just a re-hash (revision?) of Etup's self cast arcer from last season.

Unfortunately, Etup has since removed the build from his thread, so I decided to make a thread for it myself.

HC Viable?

Yes, this build is HC viable, as it was last season, and obviously if Etup runs a build it must be...

While I personally play SC, I only use HC builds to play on, as I value defense over offense in any game I play.

For the veteran HC player, I suggest looking at the passive tree and adjusting slightly to get more life nodes early on if needed. Once you finish shadow/acro, you should have around ~100% life and all the dodge stuff....this is pretty good as a starting point entering merc.

Bandits

SC:
Kill x3

HC:
Oak, kill, kill
-OR-
Kill x3 (you decide what is more important)

My current gear

Only required item is the geofri's crest (or, later in the season, "The vertex").

This is needed to get level 21 arc eventually (unless you corrupt one) for the +1 chain (to 6 total)

I am still debating whether or not coil is worth while after nerf. A 105+ life, 2k+ eva high res chest might not be bad, combined with a perfect 75/16 atziri's slink boots.

Spell dmg. shield is good, but a 1k+ eva 80+ life shield with res might not be bad either. I mostly like ES shields because of I need the extra mana from EB badly.

Rest of your gear is just what you find, rares with high life/mana, resists, stats. (Might need some dex here and there for maxing grace)

Gems/links

Pretty simple here

CWDT Combo (cast when damage taken, immortal call, enduring cry, increased duration)

Auras:
Grace
Clarity
HoT -OR- Purity of Lightning (only for coil build, not 100% if worth it though after nerf)

HoT is _AMAZING_ for leveling up. I highly recommend using it.

Main spell:
Arc, faster casting, spell echo, lightning penetration.

This build is an evasion build, but melee hits still are rough, even with coil. That is why you need to be as mobile as possible to avoid taking big melee hits. FC + echo allows you to be on the move!

Curse: I _HIGHLY_ suggest keeping both one offensive (conductivity/elemental weakness) and one defensive (Enfeeble) curse at a high level. Enfeeble is almost absolutely required for doing 75+ maps for certain packs/bosses. I suggest linking curses with a faster casting, and if possible, increased AoE.

Mobility:

Lightning warp + reduced duration + faster cast. The usual.

Screenshots (offense/defense) @ 82

Offense

Defense

Notes:

Currently level 82
Missing ~41% life from tree still (and like 50% evasion)
Level 18 arc and grace gems

Last season, arc was around ~10k when I finalized build with geofri's.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Dec 24, 2014, 7:26:19 PM
Can you post your offense/defense stats + gameplay?

Also, why not AA?

I am greatly intrigued by the lack of mana in this build.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Dec 24, 2014, 7:18:56 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Can you post your offense/defense stats + gameplay?

Also, why not AA?

I am greatly intrigued by the lack of mana in this build.

I posted offense/defense stats.

Why no AA? You just answered your own question, lol.

(Regarding lack of mana)

So, mana is definitely an issue. That is why I grab EB and try to use as many EV/ES pieces in addition to flat ES pieces.

Also, a solid (~200-250) ES shield with just LIFE/RES/MANA on it would be insanely sick for this build. You don't even really need damage on it. A shield like that alone would allow you to do what you need.

If you are having HUGE mana issues, I suggest grabbing "Deep thoughts" north of Witch start.

Compensate by dropping some damage nodes.

For the most part, I leveled up only using Clarity/HoT, so reservation wasn't a problem.

Also, getting a Vertex helmet late game solves any mana issues regarding casts. (if you can afford it, they usually aren't more than 3 ex)

AA isn't ran precisely because of this. Between coil, dodge, and the CWDT combos, I feel our physical mitigation is pretty good. Just play smart, stay moving.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Dec 24, 2014, 7:32:30 PM
I have changed my gear a bit. Updated here:

Current gear

notably, no more coil.

This was a hard one. The thing is, I definitely notice that big hits hurt more now, but belly (in the long run) most likely offers better beef.

When you get to around ~6k life, it is unlikely that you will ever get one shot by a melee attack. Most of the time, you will proc IC thanks to CWDT, and normally any big melee hit that would 1 shot you, you can dodge (in more ways than one!)

I also opted to get a es/eva shield. Should be obvious why, this build already does stupid damage.

working on new belt/neck/gloves soon
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Dec 26, 2014, 12:02:51 AM
grabbed a new belt

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Are you by chance able to update your passive tree and current gear? Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info