[1.3]Marauder Face Charger - Captain America Build

Now that Shield Charge can be used without weapon, the main purpose of this build is using a Facebreaker and Shields as main source of damage. Shield Charge give a great mobility to the slowness of a facebreaker build and a nice improvement in damage at full range and Facebreaker increase your flat physical damage insanely(at full distance you can almost one shot boss... almost)

Stats
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

i dont feel any problem with this defence and the 70% block its OK for me, is funny how i need run from kole with a lv87 "crit Arc aa+mom witch" but i can easy afk-kill with this lv77

Shield Charge
Spoiler

Despite the low tool tip DPS of shield Charge, have a multiplicative increase with range, so if you see mobs semi-offscreen, the skill will do MORE damage to those mob

Reckoning
Spoiler

Vengeance
Spoiler

*skill aren't 20/20

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Current Skill tree lv 77 without optimization

The AOE nodes in the Templar area are highly important, because im using ConC effect with Reckoning and vengance, and its a improvement for Herald of Ash and melee splash. I'll go for the Command of Steel nodes, and probably for the Finnense area to take weapon artistry and Precise Interception, dont really know if worth.

Need Test and possible optimization:
-remove the mana reduccion/increase aura effects nodes, maybe they are a waste of points
-Testing how much usefull are these 2 etra End Charges (dont have oak favor :p)

Skill Gems

Spoiler

well, first of all, Shield Charge is a rush skill, with movement tag, depending of you attack speed(?) the run speed during charge will be increase, and the damage of the skill will do MORE damage acording to the distance between the original position of the character and the final destiantion (the mob you are hiting)this bonus is multiplicative, at lv20 the skill have a 200% MORE physical damage at maximun distance, also will increase Stun Duration (would be cool if someone of GGG explain what is the maximun distance).

Melee Splash---Melee physical damage---Added Fire Damage---Faster Attack--Shield Charge

Multistrike have a bad interaction with Shield Charge, becouse the skill repeat the shield impact animation at the speed of a turtle, its really cool in pack, you dont need target, and the run speed is just.. "LOL" but with few separated mobs the skill is a pain, thats why i dont use it, faster attack is a must.

about 5/6 links since multistrike is a bad idea you dont need a 6link really, 5 is fine, 4 is doable, but will do less damage

Melee Physical Damage --- Concentrate Effect --- Increase Area of Effect --- Reckoning

awesome skill, do aoe damage to enemys at a medium range. the best way to increase the damage is with Con Effect, BUT, the skill is like a Freezing Pulse, that increase range with Aoe i need more testing with this, would be cool drop Conc effect to kill mobs offscreen, maybe swap for added fire?

Melee Physical Damage --- Concentrate Effect --- Increase Area of Effect --- Vengeance

this is like a "physical ice nova" around the character, no problem with gem setup, dont really need aoe with this

Reduced Mana --- Herald of Ash --- Hatred --- Tempest Shield

Herald of ash ketchum is a must here, is the reason i destroy blue packs at maximun distance with shield charge, and transform reck/venge in a explosion dealers. Hatred just for the damage, and tempest shield for the 4 bloc chance. this setup would be more usefull with elemental prof.

Cast when damage taken(lv1) --- Enduracing Cry(lv5) --- Warlord mark (lv5)

im using Warlord Mark as main Curse becuse the mana/life, since i dont hae %mana leech on gear is really helpfull, but if i get it i prob drop WMark for vulneravility (increase DMG and Degeneration from ash) need to test, and for IC i dont really know if can activate vengeance since i will no receive damage during IC effect

*again skills aren't 20/20

Gear
Spoiler

Headgear
"BIS" in my opinion, i used all my socket and still need, a BoR will be cool for the 15/6 block chance, and dmg but... no weapon no armor, yolo
Chest Armor
"BIS" could be Carcass Jack because the area of effect increase but is really hard get RRRRG on a EV/ES armor
boots
Nice elemental resistances, speed, and spell block, i was leveling with The Blood Dance, works very well too
Gloves
:v the only upgrade here are legacy versions
Shield
well im using this for now till i get all the block nodes, and then i will change this for a rare crafted ar shield or the uniques "Great old one's Ward" (better synergy with facebreakers with flat physical damage) / "Lioneye's Remorse" (better defence) or just both
Amulet
lots and lots of bonus, i prefer this over Stone of Lazhwar
Rings
Crap rings only to cap ress, best should be with %mana/life leech, add flat physical and elemental ress

Belt
nothing to say here

Bandits
Spoiler

N=oak
C=oak
M= kill but i think is better help Oak

Strategy
Spoiler

*since for me is uknown what mean "maximun distance" i will refer it as "off-screen"

the strategy is very simple, i move with shield charge, and when found a pack i try to charge the more offscreen that i can, shield charge impact, kill, and HoA explode in "a cacophony of fire" this kill all the pack doesnt matter what, BUT if im not a chargin at off screen i rush to any mob and reck/venge do all the job, sometimes when im lazy/afk and almost all the mobs are melee i just walk trhought pack and they die, usually i only need charge to caster mobs and runners like courpse devourers, more AOE will be a fix for this.

with devourers and tunnel trap, i dont really have problems, they emerge and die thanks again to reck/venge, i only worry if i see a rare devourer, that can ve easy evaded since shield charge knock back mobs that are between you original position and the target

for bosses if im not sure about the boss i play safe charging to boss at maximun distance possible, rush to take distance and re charge him, in the other hand i can facetank almost all the physical melee boss with the block and reck/vengue (with %life leech from shield)for example i can afk-tank-kill carnage the colonade boss based con kole

and for last its really funny charge to charge against blackguards on ebony barracks, or against rhoa bosses

Videos Soon...

Inspired by this:

"
"
Shield Charge now works with no primary weapon equipped.

Captain America build?

PD: im not from U.S.A, just for the lol, and english is not my native language so tell me any misstake writing this
bump
i do around 10k on my three counter gems with my facebreaker infernal blow marauder :D, 30k ib dps and 75/34 block at lvl 84 <3 only down side is i have 3.5k life with 15k armour :D

Get a bor a 6l daresso and ur fine!
I'm going to use this... Just so I can say I'm Captain America... The shield skills without shield charge are op so really this is going to be so fun... Amazing Idea!
"
Betcher wrote:
I'm going to use this... Just so I can say I'm Captain America... The shield skills without shield charge are op so really this is going to be so fun... Amazing Idea!

yeah sometimes i just walk through packs and they die

"
dms143 wrote:

Get a bor a 6l daresso and ur fine!

???
I'm using this build and it's quite possibly my favorite build i've done yet. and not very expencive too! you did well, making this build. Only thing though, is that i had troubles with intellegence and dexterity as i leveled, and instead of getting the endurance charges, i got the +30 int/dex both above and below the marauder's start.
you need some videos. Looks really interesting
Meta = cattle

-ty men

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info