Act 2 Quest path/reward

For Act 2 I received a quest were I had to kill the Bandit lord or something, I don't remember exactly. When I got to Kyraith (Sorry I don't know how to spell his name.) I was given the option to either kill him or leave him be. If you don't kill him you get a permanent 8% resistance reward (correct me if I'm wrong.) I forgot the option/reward if you do kill him, but I chose not to kill him. Did I miss out on anything by not killing him, except for the fact of not being able to kill him. Would the other reward have been better? I haven't completed the quest yet.
40 max life from oak reward is usually the "best" if you are going with life based character. Resists are easy to obtaing from gear anyways.
I forgot to mention that I'm playing a witch crit arc using this build Crit Arc.

Is there a way for me to undo this quest? In order to pick the "better" reward? Or am I stuck with my choice?
There exists vendor receipe to get a 'book' with that you can remove your choice.
For Kraityn its 20 regret and 1 jade amulet (see pathofexilewiki.com for all exsisting receips).

I see that your char is only 26, so it would be better you create a new one and level again, 20 regrets are too expensive to remove your choice. (and i think you don't have 20 regret to spen ...)
Last edited by CallMeSnake on Dec 22, 2014, 2:13:12 AM
"
CallMeSnake wrote:
There exists vendor receipe to get a 'book' with that you can remove your choice.
For Kraityn its 20 regret and 1 jade amulet (see pathofexilewiki.com for all exsisting receips).

I see that your char is only 26, so it would be better you create a new one and level again, 20 regrets are too expensive to remove your choice. (and i think you don't have 20 regret to spen ...)

I see. Well I'm not sure how valuable that +40 hp is, me not knowing as much, I don't think it's worth it to reroll for 40 hp. I could be wrong, and if I need to reroll I don't mind doing so. But ideally for a crit arc, I should get the 40hp or the 40mp (normal), +4% cast speed(Cruel), +1 Max Power Charge(Merciless). Are the skills points not worth it? The reward for killing all 3.
Each bandit has their own reward, there are three bandits. If you kill all three you get a skill point. You can only choose one reward per difficulty. The most common reward to take in normal is 40 life from oak (if you are life based this is the good choice) or the skill point. The resist and mana are generally looked at as bad choices.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Dec 22, 2014, 9:07:20 AM
I've taken the 8% resist reward. It's still better than most resist nodes on the tree. I don't think you need to reroll. That tree you are using shows that the 40 life would give your 88 life on your finished build. I don't think that's game breaking to miss out on.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Problem solved, no need to reroll or spend 20 orbs of regret. I did not complete the quest yet, so I was able to go back to the guy and had the option to kill him.
Last edited by Bilili1994 on Dec 22, 2014, 3:01:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info