1.3 Static strike build (my first attempt at my own build)

Ok so i decided to make my lvl 75 dual flame totem marauder into static strike user. He uses a 2 handed mace and runs Hatred, Herald of ash, and Herald of ice. I chose these auras because i like exploding stuff and they greatly boost dps. (It seems lightning portion of static strike procs herald effects) I spec into iron reflexes, resolute technique and unwavering stance as major keystones.
My support gems for static strike are Melee Physical, Added fire damage, Multistrike, Faster attacks and weapon elemental damage.

For defense we have lots of life, cwdt set up and lots of armor.

****Now bear with me i have never attempted to create my own build so any tips would be appreciated.

I will not be using blood magic keystone or gem so mana leech on gear is a must (although leveling as bm would be fine i suppose).

This is the build i am hoping for

This is what my tree looks like at the moment

and this is the gear i am using
Spoiler

as you can see nothing special just stuff i had laying around and what i could get from guild. When i run my auras my dps is just shy of 24 k.

I plan to buy a Marohi Erqi as my weapon. I will also be using a belly of the beast as my armor once i 5 link it. If you mess around with the gems you will be able to see which one to remove (unless you have a 6 link). If i am not mistaken added fire damage removes the least amount of dps (lowers it to 18k but remember this is with my current gear and gem levels). I will most likely keep the Alphas howl since it provides a nice buff to gems in it and i cannot be frozen.

My other slots will be taken by a CWDT EC IM ID setup in a 4 link. In my other 5/6 link i will most likely go heavy strike or double strike with pretty much the same support gems as static stike. In the last four link i am torn between leap slam for mobility or another cwdt set up.

Hopefully with some grinding i can find better gear and level up my gems. I assume my dps will only increase from here.

I don't really know what else to put so please be gentle, its my first time :). Please let me know how i can make my build and post better.
Last edited by Zac89 on Dec 16, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info