[1.3] LVL84 FoxTactic's Arctic Fire Nova "Torment L 20000dps"

Hey guys, I'm back

Unfinished Build, working on it.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics

UPDATE 2014-12-16:

NOTE:
I have plans for a Righteous Nova build but i will design and put that in later in 1.3 when i got the lvls and gear to make it myself.
So this build thread will contain 2 parts in 1.3 patch, This one and a RIGHTEOUS NOVA BUILD, nostalgia you know.

BUILD PROGRESS

Torment League Build so far.

Stats:
Ice nova 20779 Dps
Hp, 3400

Curse on Hit Lightning warp into enemies to automaticly curse them with Warlords mark and elemental weakness, Shoot ice nova until everything is dead, if something is still standing shotgun it with arctic breath.

Gear:

A lot of sockets not filled yet. lvling gems.

Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzB6UI9Ax9EFgQfxEPFLAVUBZvFy8XVBhqGjgdFB_HIoEkqiTYJy8o-iqNK3gsnC2LMtE22DpYO-M8BT1fRPtFnUbXSRtJskwtTLNSU1NSVcZV1lZKV5RYB18qY_1kCWTnZp5qQ20ZcYV0VXgveuZ85YCkghCCHoKbgseD24Vth2WKKI48j0aQVZeVl_SaO5rgm6GeoZ_fogCnCKyYr5u4k7zqwBrAVMBmxp7VgdWm2t3bC9-K37Djauvu7DjsVe0873zxbPfX-ej60g==

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE SHORTLY DUE TO UPDATE:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Nova Ninja:

Overview SpreadSheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A86GLIAS_wJaklXnJRPj2XzyDoA3KbSiQbVEVZ3MtTI/edit#gid=0

CONTENT LIST:
1, Theory
2, Stats
3, Gear
4, Skilltrees

Reserving a thread for a new build for 1week race and 1.3 patch.

I'm now lvl85 and in the top 100 "rank 60ish" in the 1week race with my newly made build.

Theory:

* Dual scepter wield "ala Lightning ninja"
* Fast Cast Ice Nova thats converted to Fire using Pyre Ring
* Picking all of the AoE nodes to make up for Concentrated Effect
* Big Fire + Cold passives in the tree to make up for the low damage
* Lightning Warping to dual curse enemies with ele weakness and flammability
* Heavy Duty Flame Surge single target skill for bosses

One of the keyfeature of this build is the unique Lightning warp im using.
A 5L warp thats also my cursing mechanism, warp into a pack of monsters to curse them with flammability & Ele weak, then fire ice nova untill everything is dead. Use Single target skill if something is still standing.

What i've noticed so far.
Build is REALLY FUN TO PLAY, which is the most important part of a build imo.

Pros: Great Aoe Clearing speed, close to early arc on low lvl maps so far.
------The convertion to fire makes reflect a non issue through the defense of arctic armour
------No need to turn around and attack in different directions, saves time in map clearing.
------One really nice point is that you can use scepters with both Cold AND Fire damage

Cons: Ice nova isnt good heavy single targets, but flame surge makes short work of that.

Stats

Unfinished

Defense: Arctic Armour, Cloak of defiance, cwdt ic ec
HP: 3300 "will increase a lot", goal is atleast 4-5k
Ice Nova DPS: 14000ish, more than enough for solo play on high end maps. "this is just 1week"
Flame Surge DPS: 24778 + "50% if target is burning, which it usually is =P"
Auras: Herald Of Ice, Herald of Lightning, Clarity, + "random purity"
Heralds gets converted to Fire damage.

Gear:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helm: Rime Gaze
Gems: Ice nova, Echo, Faster Cast, Fire Penetration + "Conc from helmet"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armour: Cloak Of Defiance "Might want lightning coil instead"
Gems: Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration, Curse on hit, Flammability, Ele Weak

Gloves: Rare
Gems: Flame Surge, Conc effect, Echo, Fire penetration

Boots: Rare
Gems: Cast when damage taken, Enduring Cry, Arctic Armour, "Random Lvling gem for now"

Weapons: Dualwield wands & scepters
Gems: AURAS, Undecided.

Rings:

Amulet:

Belt:

Righteous Nova "Theory"

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwEBzpYVcaD29sLgh64k8Bm73yf3zwFgpuaO9Wm7TxXlKIABLPwH-w4GjiQVScvCGeTOr0nGDz56ILHKPrr7pYyyFsVuMaeEH8MfZDWIcP5ZVfhJNiFbdWBU1JFnZrg2L3-Crc-QYfyRf6PNZLAGpf0UlOXlUyzPV8reG0ZLYsfx2pDwFQI9M36fIMRLcHzlSAtH4CkFy_60maeQqMksONqFm9o8q9sTP88LQn21HwGDiftxPbPfq2N2WEZLsauW6CnVXwOU6UMXxynL2_ZE3C77BjBxYhC

IF you watched my stream, please commment :D

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics

Last edited by FoxTactics on Dec 17, 2014, 7:25:37 PM
Is there a good reason you're using LMP+GMP? It's usually one or the other, with what's best being up to debate. Both at once seems to be useless.

Plenty of other DPS supports work great on FP. Green is annoying, but even Added Cold is better than both at once.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Is there a good reason you're using LMP+GMP? It's usually one or the other, with what's best being up to debate. Both at once seems to be useless.

Plenty of other DPS supports work great on FP. Green is annoying, but even Added Cold is better than both at once.

Was mainly an experiment, build is coming together now.
Updated, build starting to feel solid.
Is the actually a benefit to the Life Leech connected to the Fire aura in the boots? (or is just to level the gem in the interim?)
updated, very very nice nice nice
"
creamcoffee wrote:
Is the actually a benefit to the Life Leech connected to the Fire aura in the boots? (or is just to level the gem in the interim?)

was just for lvling
Hi Fox, im rather new, could you post just a few hints towards how the leveling should be done?

Thanks, hopefully its not too much for you to do :)
"
Ghinion wrote:
Hi Fox, im rather new, could you post just a few hints towards how the leveling should be done?

Thanks, hopefully its not too much for you to do :)

yes lvling with ice nova aint the best thing, Ice nova is better late game. So for lvling i'd prob use what i find, I used Lightning tendrils, and lmp freeze pulse. Pretty much what i found. But ill write lvling down later when i write the build, ill think of something nice.

Going to change a few things in the passive tree aswell which synergies with early lvling aswell and better for lategame.
Great to see you back Fox, and nice build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info