[Beyond/HC] Lightning tendrils Block

Lightning tendrils Block Beyond/HC viable

I was looking to an alternative to arc as a lightning spell, with better single target dps and tendrils works very well.

This build use Eldritch Battery, Arctic Armour, Cloak of Defiance, Tempest shield and the block nodes in the tree as defense.

To be able to have a nice AOE with tendrils i have +71% inc OAE in tree + inc AOE gem

I am curently at level 94 with 68 regular block and 75 block spells and a level 21 arctic armour.

Thx to striker :p

video

PROS:
- Nice single target dps
- Good clearing speed
- Safe with CoD, EB, AA, Block
- Works with 4L
- Reflect packs are not a problem

CONS:
- Cannot run half/no regen maps or full ele reflect maps
- Can be expensive for end game gear (like almost all builds ;))
- Scary with corrupting blood elites because of the high cast speed

Bandits: Kill all

Gems

Main skill
Lightning tendirls + Spell Echo + Lightning penetration + Increased area of effect (4L)
+ Faster casting (5L)
+ Empower (6L)

Auras
Reduced mana + Purity of lightning + Clarity + Herald of thunder
Reduced mana + Tempest shield + Purity of ice (optionnal for beyond bosses)

Move skill
Lightning warp + reduced duration + Faster casting

Curses
Conductivity/Elemental weakness + Enfeeble

Arctic armour + Empower (optionnal)

Statistics

Defensive

Offensive

Gear
Last edited by hrodgar09 on Nov 22, 2014, 1:27:11 PM
What are your thoughts for using added lightning instead of Inc. AoE on Lightning Tendrils?
well in my opinion you have to use inc AOE, without it you are loosing effectiveness. I have 26k DPS and honestly it's more than enough, I'm farming 77/78 maps and I can carry. The thing u can do is switching Inc AOE for Conc Effect for a boss fight. It's very effective.
Updated bandits quest
gear updated
good build, i'm doing a 60/75 block/spell block version with crit on rampage and it's insanely good. if i were going to do a hardcore version of the build i would go non-crit and it would look very similar to your tree.

why don't you take breath of lightning though? seems to me like it would be good. all the shock duration would let you shock big monsters more easily. might not be worth it, i haven't tested it, but it's a thought

what boots are you using also? i'm using rainbowstride on my crit char, with only 60 block, and it works really well. might be able to free up some points that way, but since you're on beyond the block might be more worth it

are you running a cwdt setup on your boots?
Hello thx for your comment !
Not taking breath of lightning cause i had to take other nodes and make compromise. I dont really need shock duration, I already have +50% shock duration modifier wich is more than enough and 20% shock chance, enough too. I'm shocking everything and got right now 30k DPS tooltip wich for a HC dps is prettY good and allow me to destroy any maps.

I forgot to link the boots, my bad :)
video added
Last edited by matask on Oct 2, 2015, 5:58:39 AM
Hello matask,
I will put a real leveling part to this guide with detailed tree, you are right about this, just didn't got time these days to do it. (but i posted a 81 leveling tree)

About leveling cause i'm playing in HC leagues i'm aiming life first then dmg nodes. blocks nodes at the end.

I'm not running 5 auras, I'm running clarity and purity of lightning. tempest shield and herald of thunder (25% mana each) and arctic armour wich is not an aura.
I can run all this cause of the Eldrich battery node who converted all my energy shield to mana that's why I have 4k mana, for exemple if you look at my helmet it's 330 energy shield wich is converted to mana !

This build is new league friendly because you can still have a nice dps with 4 L.
If i have to evaluate the price of my gear i would say about 60 exalt wich is huge for a new player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info