OMGWTF Hiroshima! - A Flameblast Templar Guide 1.2x

Welcome to my first guide on the forums! I've got a lot of questions about my build and what it's all about so hopefully I'll be able to cover the basics for now and then build on this guide and elaborate more and more once it's at higher levels, so take your warning this is a GUIDE IN PROGRESS!!!!

What is this build?

This is a Flameblast Templar which utilizes Flameblast with augmented ignite chance, extended ignite duration, and of course, enhanced ignite damage. What we know about Flameblast is it is an extremely powerful spell which scales beautifully with passives and gear. What people might not realize is the exponential burn damage we can achieve on it which outshines the initial blast itself with this build. THIS IS NOT A CHEAP BUILD, however, compared to other builds which focus on crit, the build can be achieved with optimal gear for less than 50 exalts on standard.

Passives

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9BBYEmkUTRUgFm8XHBcvGjgabB8CIbAkqij6KU8ppSpNKo0snCzpLpQyNDT3NZI2xTbYNuk6WDrhPAU9Xz8nQYdG10kbSn1KyEyzTeNOKlJTVcZV1luvZOdnoGpDbRluqnF5euZ9U4Ckga-Cm4LHgziD24dlh3aLjJBVl4WXlZf0nYCdrp_fogCmV6cIp4SsmK-3sQW18rc-uJO40LzqwFTUfNgk2L3aOt0F3Q3hc-Nq5CLnauvu7DjsVe0g73zwH_Fs8kX56PrS_MX-Cv6P

Pros/Cons

Pros:

Great clear speed with the help of elemental proliferation
High DPS with burns - can one shot many bosses with a fully charged FB and flammability
Flexible with survivability/dps tradeoffs
Levels quickly and painlessly
Dual mitigation auras augmented by a +2 aura Alpha Howl
CRAZY FLEXIBILITY granted with minimal gearing changes

Cons:

High DPS variant does leave you slightly squishy
Reflect can one shot you if obvious precautions are not taken
Almost requires a 6L to work efficiently
Lack of mobility during charged casts

Links

Flameblast > Chance To Ignite > Elemental Proliferation > Concentrated Effect > Increased Burning Damage > Fire Penetration

You should strive rather early to get 20/20 Flameblast and Increased Burning Damage gems, as the quality increases chance to ignite drastically. What you want to achieve with this build the highest ignite chance you can seeing as to how most of your DPS comes from the burning damage FB creates.

Aura setup:
Reduced Mana 20/20 > Grace > Determination > Clarity all inside an alpha's howl to increase their levels further. Grace and Determination coupled with the Iron Reflexes passive makes a strong combination for mitigation.

Gear Requirements

Although not the most expensive, this build on standard should cost near 50 exalts when optimized. Most of this expense coming from the purchase of a 6L Carcass Jack.

Weapon: Doryani's Catalyst x2 -OR- 6L Searing Touch Cast Speed, Ele DPS, and that niche leach from ele damage makes Doryani's the ideal choice. You could also opt for a 6L searing touch (I have personally not tested out the DPS difference between the two, but have been told by other flameblasters that the dual setup is better).

Helm: Alpha's Howl - Depending on two auras to produce the vast majority of our physical mitigation through armor, this helm fits perfectly with augmenting the Templar with extra aura levels.

Chest: Carcass Jack - We are an AoE build, there is no better boost to our DPS than Carcass Jack. This chest should be 6L unless you are using aa 6L Searing Touch. To make this build tanky, you should use the searing touch 6L coupled with a Koam's Heart - Of course the price of this build will increase vastly.

Belt: Doryani's Invitation (fire variant) - Obvious reasons here, another 1% leech, more fire DPS, solid resists.

Nothing else is required, you should seek gear with high life and resist values. Ammu should have spell damage, fire damage, cast speed if possible. Rings should ideally have fire damage, life, resists, and stats needed for gearing. Gloves should concentrate on life, resists, and rogue stats needed.

A note about boots:

It is my belief that the damage this build does absolutely wrecks most mobs with minimal effort. Casting FB followed by Flammability is pretty much an end all/be all, however you can achieve even higher DPS with using either a Windscream or Doedre's Damning unique for dual curses, the second curse being Ele Weakness. I have yet to use this method only because I am satisfied with my DPS and at this point would favor more life and damage mitigation more than additional DPS. Your play style may vary.

My playstyle:

Solo:
Find a mob, flameblast it quickly with a single stack, curse, burn, baby, burn. This simple and quick method is enough to kill 95% of mobs. You might find rares with ele resist/extra life that require a slightly charged shot, or ele resist blues - if you run into those, a 3-4 stacked flameblast followed by your curse/s will dispatch them.

You should (as with most builds) set up a defense against reflect. What is great about this build is the utter ignorance you can convey on physical reflect mobs. Ele reflect is another matter. While your play style should be a single stack 95% of the time, and the single stack reflected is very minimal, you can tank several of those. However, charged FBs on a reflect mob WILL INSTA-KILL YOU. ALWAYS keep a vigil eye for ele reflect mobs, pop a ruby flask, and hit with 1-2 stacked FBs.

Group Play:

I can solo mobs almost just as fast with 2-3 stacked FBs and single curse. If your group relishes in rare 77-78 maps you can take several approaches to the role your character which I will outline below.

Basic DPS - Play as normal, staying behind melee teammates and letting your burn damage shine. No further altercations to the build are required as is most favored by myself.

Nuke/Heavy Artillery - When your group runs into bosses or hard to kill rares, a dual curse/fully charged flameblast can fit this role quite well. The only altercation needed is the addition to a dual curse item: Doedre's Damning Paula Ring, or the Windscream Boots. This will obviously make your life dip lower, but with most glass cannons/artillery you shouldn't be close to the action anyways and as always, should be taking advantage of your range in such situations.

Heavy Weapons Guy - As mentioned earlier, this build can stack two armor granting auras at level 22 or 23 (corrupted) along with a large life pool. Augment this lifepool to another level with Koam's Heart. Either version is a great pick. The VERY expensive legacy boasts an impressive +1000 life, and the current version is +500 but also grants extra fire damage. Pick your poison (or whatever your wallet can afford). The role of this variant can still deal massive damage but also receive a lot more. Possible HC viable? Not tested.

What about other links?

As I mentioned earlier, you should always set up an immortal call setup. CWDT > Enduring Cry > Increased Duration > Immortal Call is the bread and butter to most builds, this is nothing new. Other FBers claim using a skelle totem/vaal skelles helps a lot. I personally would also sport molten shell. This is the beauty of the build, FLEXIBILITY. Tweek and change links to your specific play style!

In closing

An awesome guide to try if your tired of the same old same old. You can quickly clear maps, be credit to team, flex your role, and look awesome while doing it. Please remember this guide is a build in progress.
Tri Curse Freezing Ball Lightning Witch - view-thread/1483161
-------------------------------------------------------
General Martinus' Spoils of War - view-thread/419523
Proud Alpha Tester, helping shape the world of Wraeclast
I'll be working on placing videos on the build in action soon.
Tri Curse Freezing Ball Lightning Witch - view-thread/1483161
General Martinus' Spoils of War - view-thread/419523
Proud Alpha Tester, helping shape the world of Wraeclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info