Dual Ice nova totem - Three Dragons - Pyre

Was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on whether or not this build could work.
The idea for this was to use dual totems using ice nova, converting the cold damage to fire damage using the pyre ring. Then using Three Dragons to get a shock stack, then using herald of thunder for the lightning damage thus freezing. The build is non crit so I picked up fingers of frost and static blows.

Build Link: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4XcYUTbUEBLOiAEVH8B-BbzLRnjy4k03Ypwjr7qeUjHY62I9GmuAo-l5d0f3sOJuhRZ2Cxxo499d4L1NS-einhKyYOVJBh5BVOlgRD3RVvDe3PsAaVcZMLV8qWAf-CsauWfOD2xSwF1TYvRDMKhOCHo48NZL-h8MTiELbC_TpVkp7ICynwcVPrzaJnqH4k6Py7BhnvSKBjEaP-jeB8NVSsuTrSVGVLuNWBx4Rlg5IXfJCw9-EAv6MNlVLYeImlRa_BAdMs5eVUlM9X5f0
I've been told herald of thunder doesn't proc if the killing blow was done by a totem instead of you, so I don't think it will work.

My level 85 templar in rampage uses crit ice nova+storm call+vaal storm call, supported by heralds of ice and thunder, with pyre + three dragons. The added damage from herald of lightning is enough to make my ice nova freeze for the herald of ice proc. This works very very well till midrange maps. In a group in 78 maps my damage feels lackluster, so I fall back on a support role of triple cursing. My current build spends a lot passive points to get strength+dexterity, so I suspect that with more expensive gear and a rework of my passive tree, I could extent the viability.

So atleast selfcast, I think your build concept should work.

ps: with pyre you want heart of flame instead of heart of ice, but you could also consider breath of lightning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info