Whirlwind Build 1.22

A number of people asked me to post my build here, I have been experimenting and tweaking this since rampage started. Really this is nothing new I am sure. Regardless, here it is and this is my first attempt at a build so try to be gentle. This is atziri viable I have killed her at least 40 times with this spec it is however, NOT uber atziri viable imo.

Should there be any real interest I will further develop the guide and post videos on various maps as well as Atziri runs.

Also it should be pointed out this build is the result of extensive testing and theory crafting by myself, fellow players and guild mates. This build failed miserably many times before we finally got it right. Again, thanks for reading!

I look forward to any suggestions on how to make this build better!

The Passives!

My Gear

Spoiler

I run 2 Atziri Promise flasks for max uptime. The only time I run Saffels is when I am feeling lazy on atziri and do not care to bother using rumis. I run zero Purity of fire etc. The lazwhar I have had zero luck corrupting my own (12 burned so far) once I get that, I can save a couple passive pts which I will dump into more DPS as I don't need anymore health than I already have.

Defense:

Spoiler
Resists 76/80/75
Block 75%
Spell Block w/saffels 75%
Spell Block w/o saffels with rumis flask 75%
Armor:14k / 23k with Rumis.
Health 5k

Offense:

Spoiler
Tooltip dps is 23.3k

Obviously a few pieces of my gear are not great, however they get the job done. You should be able to gear this for around 15ex (prolly less) in a new league.
Last edited by ChestyPuller on Oct 27, 2014, 3:43:21 AM
Reserved for updates
nice build, lot of fun :>

ty for update!
what a nice build
Last edited by Eroka on Oct 20, 2014, 4:53:05 PM
played with this noob sense begining of rampage and his build gets stuff done. full clears atziri in 20-25 mins, and eats maps. very "cheap" starter build too, only cost about 15ex on new leauges.
"
perfect_pk wrote:
played with this noob sense begining of rampage and his build gets stuff done. full clears atziri in 20-25 mins, and eats maps. very "cheap" starter build too, only cost about 15ex on new leauges.

Lol, thanks I think!
"
Eroka wrote:
what a nice build

Thank you , sir.
Im new to the game coming from diablo, so i like whirlwind barb i will try it out for sure.Can u make a guid from lv what is the most important thing to go on the passuve tree tnx
"
ChestyPuller wrote:
You should be able to gear this for around 15ex (prolly less) in a new league.

"
perfect_pk wrote:
only cost about 15ex on new leauges.

BoR, Aegis Aurora and Soultaker for < 15 Ex total?

At the beginning of Ramapge, BoR was at 6-8 Ex (probably because that WoE Cleave build was so popular), Aegis about the same, Soultaker at 15-20 Ex (?), Raibowstrides 1 Ex, iirc.

We're looking at more than double that number.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
thx for the inspiration.

Could you tell me how you dealt with the bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info