[1.2] Arc + Storm Call ST CoC (Rampage)

I had a bit of currency on Rampage and decided to try out a cast on crit build for the first time. This is definitely a softcore build, the only real defence that I have is life stacking. I've been considering using Grace but I only care about dying in the sense that it makes my leveling slower and I normally die to elemental reflect and not physical damage.

The gameplay is pretty simple and quite fun in my opinion. I use Spectral Throw as my main source of damage, aoe and single target. Whirling Blades is my mobility spell since I'm using a dagger, and Assassin's Mark is the obvious choice for curse since this build is based around crit.

The reasoning behind Arc and Storm Call is that both can be good aoe and single target spells and neither benefits from GMP so I can keep the cost of Spectral Throw low enough to negate with Elreon Rings.

Passive Tree
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMABAcHHg5IEFgRDxGWE54Wbxa_GjgabBzcHwIkqiaVKU8snC0fMjQ2PTbFNuk6WEGWRKtGcUlRTLNQMFVLVa5VxlnzXfJh4mKsY0NsjG-ecFJwVnDVdhF3B34zfll-r3_GghCDCYPbhX2HE4nTjAuMNo0ZjmSPppAbkFWSfZMnlSCVLphvmhOcpJ2qna6io6SRpwinhK6zsJK0DLb6uXzAGsHz0PXYJNlf2t3bXtvU3YzfsOAS42rjhOQi5Ozlz-w47LDw1fem_5M=

The only really important stats are Life, Spell/Lightning Damage, Attack Speed, and Crit/Crit Multi. I still have some life nodes near to me that I can pick up, but I will cap out at about 150%.

Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn
Merciless: Alira

Voll's Protector is core in this build as it lets you constantly have max power charges and crit all the time. Most important stats on the dagger are attack speed and base crit chance, other good stats are crit chance for spells, crit multiplier, and accuracy. I use Maligaro's Virtuosity and Rat's Nest because they give attack speed and lots of crit. After capping resists, the most important stats on gear are HP, Accuracy, Crit/Crit Multi, and spell or lightning damage.

Gear

The two Elreon Rings are extremely important. Because I'm only supporting ST with CoC and Inc Crit Damage, it Costs only 14 mana. This means that with 2 Elreon rings ST is completely free (Mine are 6 and 7 so it costs one mana, but base mana regen is enough to cover this. If I wanted to run a no regen map I would swap for a -8). Whirling Blades being free is just a nice bonus.

SURGEON'S FLASKS ARE NECESSARY. I am constantly critting enemies, so I can spam my granite to give myself an artificial level of tankiness. Curse immunity is very important and I need my Topaz to have any chance at surviving elemental reflect.

Links
4 Link: Spectral Throw - Cast on Crit - Arc - Storm Call
5 Link: Spectral Throw - Cast on Crit - Arc - Storm Call - Faster Attacks
6 Link: Spectral Throw - Cast on Crit - Arc - Storm Call - Faster Attacks - Increased Crit Damage
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks
Assassin's Mark - Faster Casting - Blood Magic
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
CWDT - Discharge - Conc Effect - Temp Chains
Haste - Purity of Lightning - Herald of Ice - Reduced Mana

Haste could be swapped for Grace if you feel the need for more physical mitigation.

Gameplay
Canyon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kdk8wFM6Js
Plateau: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHmBAg5x-E (sound got muted)

Last edited by Yossarian42 on Oct 19, 2014, 11:37:57 PM
Out of curiosity: You crafted "can have multiple crafted mods" on your dagger because ...?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info