Double Doon Cuebiyari _ Flame Surge + Fire Trap

Hello everyone !

First of all this is the first time i'm making a forum guide. I'll try to make it as clear and easy to read as possible.
I built this character in the Beyond league. This was my first character in this league and i unfortunately just died at lvl 84. Note that it is my highest level of all time ;)

I did not search for long but i've never seen a guide on this type of build. The fire trap + Flame surge combo is not at all my "invention", i just want to share one of my most enjoyable builds ;).

Disclamer :

This build isn't SUPER effective dps-wise, but it's fun to play (at least for me) and is rather tanky.
It is not really expensive, you can build up your wealth and aquire the better items as you go on rather easily. The 2 weapons (around which the build revolves) are around 10-15 chaos each (in beyond at the time i write this down). And you don't need more than 4L. The next expensive items are the belt (2-3 ex) and Kaom's heart (not required : 10-20 ex).

The idea:

Use double Doon Cuebiyari Vaal Sceptre + Max strength in tree and items.

Ignite targets with Fire Trap and burn them to death with Flame Surge.

The tree:

http://tinyurl.com/k5y82ca

summary:
- A lot of strenght
- Some aura nodes
- A lot of life, armour and life regen nodes
- All the AOE nodes except Scion area
- Dex for gem use
- Some mana regen

The gear:

Spoiler

Obviously two Doon cuebiyari

Gloves : Meginord's Vise for a LOT of strenght and armour.

Boots : Alberon's Warpath for 18% max strenght, chaos res and armour.

Helm : Hrimnor's Resolve for 30% fire dmg, Armour, resist and cold avoidance. (maybe some better options available).

Chest : Belly of the Beast for life, resists and ok armour. Better option would probably be Kaom's Heart for 40% fire damage and insane life.

Belt : Doryani's Invitation fire edition for (everything ^^) strength, fire damage, armour, double resist AND 1% fire leech!

Rings and Amulet : resist to be caped, dex for gem use and strength + life.

Gem setup :

Inside the weapons for lvl 30 iron will :
- Fire trap + blood magic + conc effect (or inc aoe).
- Flame surge + spell echo + life leech (or fire pen or conc effect).

Buffs : Determination for inc armour, Clarity to provide endless Flame Surge cast, Herald of Ice for increased damage. All with reduced mana.
Blood rage fore 3 frenzy charge = 15% cast speed.

Defense : Max level cast when damage taken with increased duration, immortal call and molten shell (with the offhand doon + determination + armour nodes it gives significant increased armour).

Utilities : Flammability for increased damage, Searing bond for extra damage on big targets (and small decoy).
Self cast Enduring Cry for max charge per cast and max duration immortal call (+ extra regen due to the passive point).
All with blood magic.

Movement : Lightning warp + reduced duration + faster casting + blood magic.

Bandits Reward :

Normal : Help Oak for extra life.
Cruel : Kill all for extra node.
Merciless : Kill all for extra node (or help Oak for extra endurance charge).

The leveling :

When i make a character i want to play it the way intended as soon as possible. First go grab Blood Magic and Mortal conviction and run herald of ice + reduced mana. You can start using flame surge + fire trap very early. In fact as soon as you can use the gem.

Craft this type of weapon
with 1 magic sceptre + 1 orb of alteration + 1 fire res ring.

I switched back to mana very late (like lvl 70 or so).

Gameplay :

Throw a fire trap into the pack of mobs, before it explodes cast your enduring cry, then start spaming flame surge.
Don't forget to refresh enduring cry after immortal call triggers, and use your searing bond totem to distract big targets and increase damage (+ insure permanent burning).

Burning the target gives Flame Surge 50% More damage, it's very important for clearspeed to burn the targets before using flame surge.

Thanks for reading guys ! Feel free to ask any questions ;).

ps: can't figure how to display the banner picture i made ...
Last edited by Khmaaw on Oct 19, 2014, 2:34:31 PM

(just img instead of IMG)
Thanks Storzi !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info