My Beyond Two-Hander Molten Strike/Spectral Throw Build

I play almost exclusively two-hander builds in HC. I'm the most comfortable with them and as the damage output is huge for having mostly cheap and self found gear.

The build is about staying alive without a shield. I concentrate more on life and defense adding in Offense that is close to defensive paths/nodes or also benefits my other skills.

Both of my main attack skills use projectiles so I added Iron Grip and I hate to miss or worry about accuracy so I use Resolute Technique.

I do not use Iron Reflexes or Unwavering Stance as all my gear is Armor based and I would only lose out on a small amount of dodge and I don't get stunned/interrupted very often.

As mentioned all my gear is either self-found or bought for under five Chaos. Having some sort of Mana Leech is imperative so that Mana Flasks can be skipped in favor of Utility Flasks. Master Crafting where needed to add life or a specific resistance is pretty standard. When I five-link the chest, I'll add either Faster Attacks or Added Fire Damage. But I'm level 84 with only a four-link so insane gear/RNG is not totally necessary.

I use a Culling Strike/Item Rarity combo on my Leap Slam for the kill on Map bosses and Beyond bosses. That way, my main attacks aren't crippled by non-damage support gems.

Leveling is pretty easy as you can start with the two attacks that you'll be using the whole game. I add the Auras as I can, usually after getting a Reduced Mana Gem and getting my Mana Leech going. Herald of Ash is preferable to Herald of Ice as the overdamage burn is free damage and always works where the Ice overdamage only works on Frozen enemies and I never crit.

Spectral Throw is for Bosses/packs where you don't want to be in the middle of the fray. Having a ranged attack is crucial for survival as melee is at a disadvantage with the current meta of POE. If I need to stay further away, I keep a leveled Faster Projectiles in my off-hand which is switched with LMP for extra safety and single target damage increase.

The build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5xQgFE0UUhiRGjgaPhv6Iq8l3ycvJ-0pLjGeMgkyfjWSNug4UzpSOtg9_EZpR35KfUrITeNOKlBHVw1YY1ivWfNbr18_ZU1mnmegah5qk2wWbEZuaW6qcmxyqXbneA18uHy7fNl89YTZhxmHdooijM-QCpBVkc6ZK57NogCkGaSsplenMKeEqBipaKlurKq18rZBu-28n72Bvoq-p8APwBrApsDzxYrG2NIh0k3V7di93Q3jn-w47w7wH_Gs8i_2SPcy_Ev8xf6P

The Gear:
Spoiler

Please post any questions if you have any and I will try to answer them as I can.
Last edited by dsutcliffe on Oct 15, 2014, 5:01:17 PM
You forgot to link your 2H weapon! I'm assuming it's a high phys 2H weapon, but just curious to see what you got for being self-found / under 5 chaos.
Last edited by nv314961 on Oct 15, 2014, 2:33:25 PM
Yep, did forget, it's in there now
RIPed this character to a box I shouldn't have touched (freezes+explodes) in a Zana mission with only one portal. Should have just skipped it. Lesson learned and rebuilding with same skills as Scion w/evasion. (already mapping that char in 71 areas with only 3700 health)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info