[1.2 Rampage] StrangeCloud's Ultra HammerTank

Quick intro into Build

Spoiler

Why this build?
This build is possibly one of the tankiest build that can be created and still have endgame clear speed and content progression. My Current Character is on Rampage (lvl 93 witch with no mirror or legacy gear, *League only player*). If you plan to copy this build on standard you can push this build to insane heights.

Pros:
~Extremely Ultra Tanky; almost impossible to one shot
~Among the fastest clear Speed builds
~Very High AoE Dps, Strong Single DPS
~Greatly benefits in parties members(8 Aura + 1 Vaal Aura // Shock Aliment + Curse)
~can safely do reflect map(with topaz flask)
~Can easily do Atziri(normal); *Uber still untested

Cons:
~Can not do "No Regeneration" map Mods
~Hard on Low Performance computers
~Expensive build

Passive Tree & KeyStones
Spoiler

KeyStones:
Spoiler

Blood magic - Required so we can get Mortal conviction allowing us to run 8 Aruas + herald of Ice

Resolute Technique - We are not a crit build so 1 point to never miss is amazing!

Ghost Reaver - This is a ES build so, you need Ghost Reaver for ES leeching

Iron Reflex - Convert all that Evasion from grace into Armor which gets multiply by Determination for a massive amount of armor

Unwavering Stance - being immune to stuns is also very important since our life pool is so low. This allows for a constant, undisturbed leeching.

Order of Precedence(Node to get when Leveling into 85+):
Spoiler

1.Focusing on getting Key Stones & Auras nodes first as most of your resist and armor comes with Auras.

2.After Auras, Just invest everything else into as much % increase energy shield nodes as possible ( *NOTE that 30 Int nodes = 6% increase energy shield and that some clusters of hybrid node are worth more together then individual pure energy nodes.

My Current Level 93 witch:

Planned tree for Lvl 100 14k+ ES

Items
Spoiler

Mjolner is required as it is the only weapon in the game that allows for T1 Dps with next to no investment in damage node on the passive tree. This allows us to solely focus on getting defensive nodes.

Shavronne's Wrapping is required for Low Life bonus with blood rage and Pain attunement.

Best in Slot item for this build as it provides damage, massive defensive stats, and lightning leech.

I recommend using a Astramentis as it covers your attribute requirement for all of your gems and Mjolner. Makes gearing much easier!

Find a rare helmet with the highest ES --> Int.
Good stepping stone before a GG rare helm:
Spoiler

Find a rare Shield with High ES, Spell Damage, and Int if possible.
Good stepping stone before a GG rare Shield:
Spoiler
works very well with Rumi's Concoction

Find a rare boot with the highest ES --> Int --> movespeed if possible.
Good stepping stone before a GG rare Shield:
Spoiler

Find a rare Glove with the Highest ES --> Int --> attack speed

get a Rare ring that lets you use you mjolner and fix up your resist, with 1 open suffix so you can craft % energy ES on to it.

Flasks
Spoiler

My usual flask setup:

Get Remove Bleed on a Topaz flask for Reflect packs and Corrupting Blood (one of the most dangerous thing to this build).

Atrizi flask for more DPS + Leech, and some extra Chaos Resist

Rumi's Concoction, rarely ever use it, not too many high Physical damage situation, but still good to have one incase such situations every arise.

We have no room for any Movement gems (Leap Slam, Lightning Warp) so I really recommend a Quicksilver for clear speed.

Last Flask I rarely ever use. I recommend a Ruby's since there can be sudden burst of fire damage in high level maps( Igna or Magnus ). However, you can really just use what you feel you still need. (Remove freeze, a 2nd Quicksilver, 2nd remove bleed, remove shock, remove curse if you resist isn't over capped).

Gems Setup
Spoiler

*NOTE that Auras can be changed Around as it doesn't matter where they go. This is just my setup.

Weapon
Spoiler
Arc + Arc + LifeLeech(replace with Ironwill if you want more DPS)

Shield
Spoiler
Increase Duration + Blood rage + Vaal Haste(replace with Vaal Discipline for survivability)

Helm
Spoiler
Reduced Mana + Discipline + Grace + Vitaility

Boots
Spoiler
Reduced Mana + Herald of Ice + Haste + Purity of Lightning

Gloves
Spoiler
Reduced Mana + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice + Determination

Body
Spoiler
Lightning Strike(Replace with Molten strike for Single target) + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Faster Attacks + Multi-Strike + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness

ScreenShot of Stats
Spoiler

Defensive stats:
With ONLY Self casted Auras
Spoiler

~13k+ Energy Shield
~20k+ Armor
~82/82/83 Elemental Resist

================================================
With ONLY Self casted Auras + Rumi concoction
[spoiler]

Offensive Stats:
Spoiler
With Self Casted Aura + 3 Frenzy Charges
~6.5 Attacks/sec

[/spoiler]

Video Section:
Spoiler

10 stack Double Atrizi FlameBlast while Shocked

Double vaal fight

Trio fight

Atziri Fight
*I switched out My ES shield for a Saffrell Frame, so that I may use Arc dur splits phase. You will see in the video I purposely attack the mirror clone and can out leech the 100% reflect damage with topaz flask.

*More video coming soon

Q&A
Spoiler

Q: "Can this Build take a double Atziri flame blast or other notorious 1 shot to the face?"
A: Yes, Double flameblast from normal Atziri does about 6k damage less then half of the ES pool. with a Ruby flask this number gets cut to under 3k damage. (*video in Video section). I've also regularly kill Palace Dominous with extra damage mods, Haven't been 1 shot or died to him yet.(with a Topaz u can pretty much face tank and take almost no damage. Only map mods to avoid is -Max Resist.

More StrangeCloud Builds:
Spoiler

*no other builds aside from this
*will update

Last edited by StrangeCloud on Oct 13, 2014, 1:34:52 PM
Reserved
Such tankiest!

Was Wondering... can this Build take a double Atrizi flame blast or other notorious 1 shot to the face?
Bump for the tankiness!
Why didn't you get Kraityn's IAS reward?

Also, have you thought of using Alpha's Howl with lvl21 purities? you'd get +2% max and 2 more points in the tree.
Last edited by H4NS on Oct 12, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
pretty generic run off the mill mjolner build. nothing new added to the build in terms of new thinking or mechanics used.

Why post your lightning strike dmg under offensive stats when the only thing that matters in this build is your attacks per second and your arc dmg???

your lightning strike is only the trigger not the dmg.

Tbh with the items used you are so close to being able to run the rainbow nuke build which will overall do a lot more dmg and be capped on leech anyway provided u use the atziri's promise flask like the guide describes so you get same surviveability and a build that is proven uber capable.

if your answer would be - i cant handle discharge then keep your eyes peeled on the guide cuz the guide is bound for an update that will make it viable in both double arc and arc/dischage at some point.

to answer previous questions:

1. You dont really take extra dmg from second flameblast on atziri. try it. stand in 2 circles of flameblast and you will take the same dmg as standing in one. pretty odd tbh but yeah thats how they made it.

2. build is tanky enough to tank atziri flameblast easily without even having tested i can see that.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Oct 12, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
want to see tank hammer in Double vaal fight,and how much dmg will it do with 0 armour(no grace and determination)
"
goat4dinner wrote:

Why post your lightning strike dmg under offensive stats when the only thing that matters in this build is your attacks per second and your arc dmg???

Because mr.goat, DPS isn't determined by the tooltip dps of the arc. Simply because that arc (or any spell) dps is altered by Cast speed(Haste in my case), which does not plays into DPS im dishing out. How many times you can "hit" is basically your cast speed( this is true for Mjolner and CoC builds). If you want to find the dps, get a Lvl 20 arc add up the
(min + max damage / 2)x attacks per sec x # projectile / 2(50% chance to cast on hit) *not a actual formula but you get the hint.

"
Tbh with the items used you are so close to being able to run the rainbow nuke build which will overall do a lot more dmg and be capped on leech anyway provided u use the atziri's promise flask like the guide describes so you get same surviveability and a build that is proven uber capable.

Temp league Don't have easy access to multiple legacy gears, this is not standard. I'm not sure if anyone on rampage has a shav ring yet(atleast none on poe.xyz), and its half way through the league. Also the two build is quite different, he focused on DPS which 850k is a lot, I focused on surviveability (main point of this build) I have 13k ES he has 7.3k with legacy shav. 7.3k is still vulnerable to 1 shots especially if you have no armor as I will post in a video of a vaal smash.

Also are you trying to shoot me down because you made the banners for Rainbow Nuke? as mentioned in the build guild?

[/quote]
"
H4NS wrote:
Why didn't you get Kraityn's IAS reward?

Also, have you thought of using Alpha's Howl with lvl21 purities? you'd get +2% max and 2 more points in the tree.

Kraityn IAS is good for this build, however I decided to make this build as tanky as possible so more ES won over more attack spd(dps). Also alpha wolf is good, but we would lose a lot of ES.
Sry dont mean to put your tank build down. And my background of one build does not mean i cant appreciate other builds of course.

In regards to dps image: Exactly my point you cant only have the attack speed posted. you also need to include the damage of the arc because arc is affected by spell damage from fx your shield. ;o)

Seing as your arc could be anywhere from 2k to 40k depending on the build it would be nice to know where it ranges to have a comparison of other tanks builds.

have you made any dps calculations for the build? It would be interesting to see what a proper tank build can reach. If comparing to another tank build like fx Gellig's tank build it has amazing tank but incredibly horrible dps (even with a mirrored sword) so getting those dps numbers in there is really nice.

You can easily increase attack speed with an enhance linked to your blood rage - increased duration would not really be beneficial since you should be killing fairly fast anyway thus maintaining the buff. Fair enough you can argue that you don't want to press blood rage as often but honestly it is a significant attack speed increase which in turn also increases leech so i can highly recommend you try it out. it is great fun.

Im also thinking using iron will is going to do less damage than lightning penetration when using double arc. fx in rainbow nuke it is used due to discharge dealing multiple damage types but overall lightning pen would prolly give more if dealing pure lightning like your build does.

But then again you would prolly have to test it out.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Oct 13, 2014, 1:19:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info