Fireball-Discharge MoM RF burning build

I started this build far before 1.2, I wanted to build an hot-fire witch and the final goal was to be able to sustain RF. Before 1.2, I could maintain it only with a lvl 21 PoF (which i do not have), but with the new passive tree i have one (1) net life reg/sec even with a level 20 PoF.

However RF is only the cherry on the pie of the build. It works well even without it. The offensive skill used are Fireball (main skill), molten shell (offensive-defensive), V-Molten shell (bosses and exiles), Discharge (AoE) and Flameblast (for monsters 'around the corner'). AA is also needed to reduce damage, combined with EB passive.

Bandit reward
- Life
- Passive (or +4 cast speed)
- Endurance

Leveling
Spoiler
While leveling, I found very useful the help of zombies and skeletons. You can temporaly get the nodes near the witch start

Mandatory items
Spoiler
Cloack of Defiance

If you want to activate RF you need also Astramentis, Phoenix shield and an RRRB A-Howl.
Also you may find very useful a lvl 21 reduced mana, vitality, purity of fire.

Current passive tree (lvl 89)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelCPQMXxBYEmkWbxccFy8ZLhpsHKcfAh_HIbAkqiSwJy8n7Sj6Ko0reCycLYsulC7_L28yNDT3NsU22DbpOlg8LT1fQYdFnUkbSbJQUFJTU1JTpVXGVdZXDV8qXz9k52h0ah5qQ2sXbBZtGXC7cXmApIIQgh6Cx4PbhtGHGYdliEKRzpUgl4WX9Jrgna6iD6SspwioGKyYr7e3PriTvJ-86sBUwcXB88T2xq7SIdgk2RPZYdsL34rfsONq45_r5Ovu7BjsVe8O8WzyL_no-tL8Sw==

get as much elemental/fire/burning damage form passive, as well as +life, +mana/intelligence/ES and mana regen. The aura cluster are very useful in order to sustain AA and RF. Also take some AoE bonuses (all attack skills are AoE)

Gear/gems
Spoiler

Flasks:

+ another utility flask (usually Fire flask)

As upgrades, the build would gain an enormous benefit with a lvl 21 PoF. With a level 20, I get +4% from PoF, and the +42% increased aura effect give me another 1% (i have 89% fire resist). With a lvl 21, i would get 5+2%, and the extra 2% would give me about 60-80 life reg/sec instead of the 1 life sec i have at moment. Basically, i regen life only with life leech on the fireball.

Another upgrade could be the Ele-Leech unique mace.

Divination distillate would be also very helpful as utility flask.

You may replace LMP with GMP, or Flammability with Elemental weakness.

A video of the build, doing an insane +70% speed crematorium map:

Spoiler
https://vimeo.com/108264022
-4:35 usage of Flameblast on a dangerous Rare monster
-10:35 usage of Vaal Molten Shell with an Exile (unfortunately, I have not been able to use it on the final boss Megaera, with this build it is very funny).

Affixes/suffixes to avoid on maps
Spoiler
I cannot do no-regeneration map, and i never tried blood magic. 50% reg map is extremely annoying because I cannot run AA and I have to replace multiple projectile with mana leech. In some maps (vulnerability, -max resist) i cannot run RF, but it is not such a big problem (it is just like enfeblee).

With an high level AA and 89% fire resist, you are nearly immune to reflect (you only do fire damage).

Some comments:

The build do a discrete amount of damage, it is very fast and very funny to see everything burning. Maybe it is a little bit glassy, and not viable on hard-core. Furthermore desync is a big problem because of the high cast/movement speed, expecially for the E-Cry+Discharge combo. (use /oos!).
Roma timezone (Italy)
Omg my wand drop. I sold so many times ago that wand to a poor guy for 10c. Fuck that

And good build bro.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Oct 12, 2014, 1:40:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info