Burning 3 Curse Build (Very High Clear Speed)

With this build we triple curse then ignite entire rooms to burn in meer seconds with flameblast.

I initially wanted to make a triple curse character for my guilds higher Level map Group. Our group had several members using the new herald of ash, with physical damage so the natural curses would be vulnerability, elemental weakness and flammability. With that in mind I designed this character to benefit from those curses.

Due to the high mana cost of casting curses I instead decided to use a Curse on Hit gem with Ball lightning to do the cursing for very low mana cost. This also allowed me to run elemental Equilibrium so the ball lightning further reduces the Targets fire resistance before they are hit with the flameblast.

With triple curses and elemental equilibrium the Targets fire resist is reduced by over 130. This means even fire resistant Monsters melt.

This character was designed in the rampage league and may be adaptable to hardcore leagues but I have not tested that so would feel uncomfortable advising on it.

Videos:
Spoiler
A Fire Resist Map: http://youtu.be/T5BlCH7F1RQ

Gear
Spoiler

Chest:
Cheap Version:
Tabula Rasa - Allows you to easily switch out curses if your Group is running a very difficult Boss or maps mod. (Change flammability and Vulnerability to enfeeble and temp chains and everyone is safe again)

Expensive Version:
6L Carcass Jack - More damage and AOE on your burn. (can still change out flammability for enfeeble in scary situations but temp chains has to be replaced with GMP in case of scary bosses). You could also run a 6L Cloak of Flame for added survivability but I have not yet tested it out as mine refuses to be 6 linked.

Staff:
Searing Touch (5L) - The Bonus from running this staff is simply unparalleled in this build. Adding +2 to the Level of almost all your gems in it and increasing burn damage.

Boots:
Gang's Momentum - These boots are a cheap and great pair of boots that not only boost your damage but give the lovely 25% move Speed while taking care of most of your fire resist Problems. Along with purity of fire, very Little extra should be needed.

While I’m still testing this I do believe These boots also allow double dipping of damage on harder Boss fights. The initial hit will ignite the target, making the second hit do 15% more damage. This hit will then burn for 15% more damage and while ignited the target will *again* burn for 15% more damage.

Helmet:
Hrimnor's Resolve - This is a simple but nice boost to damage that give decent cold damage protection.

Gloves:
Rare - You are just looking for life and resists (cold and lightning) as your other gear does not give much.
I use:

Belt:
Doryani's Invitation (fire) - This belt gives a nice boost to damage while giving added defense but since we are already using a life leech on our flameblast, it is not required.

Ring #1:
Doedre's Damning - This ring is required in order to run the 3rd curse since our boot slot is already taken.

Ring #2:
Rare - Grab anything with high life and lightning/cold resist (i grabbed one with dex to allow me to run Carcass Jack)
I use:

Amulet:
Rare - Again, High life and lightning / cold resists. If it happens to have fire damage and cast Speed as well it wont hurt.
I use:

Gems:

Spoiler

Weapon Flameblast - Chance to Ignite - Elemental Proliferation - Spell Echo - Life leech - (concentrated effect [bosses] / increased burning damage [trash])

Chest Ball lightning (lvl1) - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Flammability - Vulnerability - (GMP)

Gloves Lightning warp - Faster casting - Reduced Duration

Boots Purity of Fire - Clarity - Reduced Mana

Helmet Cast when damage Taken - Enduring cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Tree/Bandits

Spoiler
Bandits:

Normal - Help Oak
Cruel - Kill All
Merciless - Kill All

Trees:

Level 50 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelCPQNHxBYEmkXHBhqHwIfxyGwJ-0o-it4LJwtiy6UMjQ09zpYPCg8LT1fQYdFnUmyUlNTUlXGWAdqQ2wWbRlxeXgvfOWCEILHg9uHGYdlj0aXhZf0mK2a4JuhnL6drqcIrJivt7c-uJPAVMT2xq7Yvd-K37Dr7vFs99f56PxL_go=

Level 70 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzB6UI9A0fEFgSaRRNFxwYah8CH8chsCftKPoqOCt4LJwtiy6UMjQ09zWSOlg64TwFPCg8LT1fQYdFnUbXSbJM_1JTU1JVxlgHakNsFm0ZcXl4L3zlghCCx4M4g9uHGYdli4yPRpeFl_SYrZrgm6Gcvp2un9-iAKZXpwipbqyYr2yvt7Xytz64k8BUxPbFisau2L3fit-w4XPr7u0g73zwH_Fs8kX31_no_Ev-Cg==

Level 85 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzB6UI9A0fEFgSaRRNFm8XHBhqGmwfAh_HIbAkqiftKPoqOCqNK3gsnC2LLpQyNDT3NZI22DbpOlg64TwFPCg8LT1fQYdFnUbXSRtJskz_TeNSU1NSVcZYB2BtakNsFm0ZcXl4L3zlghCCx4M4g9uHGYdli4yPRpeFl_SYrZrgm6Gcvp2Ana6f36IAplenCKlurJivbK-3tfK3PriTvOrAVMT2xYrGrti92t3fit-w4XPjauvu7FXtIO988B_xbPJF99f56PxL_gr-jw==

Strengths / Weaknesses

Spoiler
Strengths:

1. The clear Speed is the biggest Bonus. You will burn down rooms in seconds. (high AOE damage)

2. Groups will love you. There are very few builds that don’t benefit from improved vulnerability, flammability or elemental weakness, let alone These three in combination.

3. High single target damage, there are very few bosses that are not 1 shotted by this build, including lvl 75+ map bosses.

4. Uses many uniques so other gear only requires resists, (the build can be easily reproduced).

5. Can do ANY map mod!!! Although some map mod combination are scary.

6. Fairly cheap (with Tabula Rasa and 5L searing it is under 10ex)

7. Fracturing Mobs barely even spawn as they are instantly burned away by the Proliferation around them.

8. Don’t worry about reflect (except on - Maximum resistance maps)

Weaknesses:

1. Cannot do Atziri (you are stationary too Long while casting your flameblast to be able to dodge the Special effects on the ground). Not charging up your flameblast vs Atziri will mean she will recharge her energy shield before you even get life off her. The double Vaal and triple boss room are both very easy, so is the add phase of Atziri but the rest of Atziri I have not been able to complete. (I only attempted this at Level 78 so maybe a few Levels and a 6L searing staff with concentrated effect will change my ability to do this Boss.)

2. Low physical damage mitigation, this build relies on killing Mobs before they become a threat. The only real line of defense against physical damage is "CWDT/Immortal call" set up.

Map Mod combinations that are scary!

1. Minus max resist and elemental reflect - This can be done but very cautiously. You can simply ignite one mob on the edge of a Group and watch the non-reflect burn kill off the rest of the Screen. It goes without saying that you should be careful on minus max resist maps to not "off Screen" kill packs as there may be elemental reflect present.

2. Temp Chains and vulnerability - While alone these two are fine, when combined it exacerbates the Problem of low physical mitigation in this build and i clear These maps very cautiously. The dreaded devourers are a very real threat with these two map mods combined.

FAQ

Spoiler
1. What about curse immune maps/Mobs?

Since curses bring a lot of the damage it does decrease damage by a bit but since damage is so high anyway it is only really on curse immune and fire resistant Mobs that it is ever an issue.

2. What about Fire resistant maps/Mobs?

Curses/EE removes over 130 fire resistance so even fire resistant maps have -60 fire resistance. Fire resistant Mobs on 75% fire resist maps still die instantly as they are at about 0% fire resist with curses and EE.

Character Screen
Spoiler
Offence
Defence

Last edited by craaazylegs on Nov 5, 2014, 3:01:59 AM
Linked to Reddit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info