[1.2.x] Crit Ethereal Knives (Block, AA, EB, MoM)

Hey guys, thought I'd share the build I'm currently running in Rampage, I've always been a massive fan of Ethereal Knives since back in beta, it just never got a lot of love in the patch notes, the cast time update it got a while back makes it feel a lot better, so I tried it again, and it's way better, hope you guys enjoy!

PROS -

+CHEAP!
+Good damage (56k dps fully buffed, some gems underleveled)
+Good survivability
+Great build for beginners
+No Mana issues
+No Reflect issues

CONS -

-There's higher damage builds
-You can get 1 shot late game if you get unlucky

~

Screenshots (Offense, Defense) -

Spoiler

Current Skill Tree (Level 91) -

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBLMFQgYjBukHHgdjB6UI9A5ID8QRDxGWFE0Wbxa_Fy8aOBpsHRQfQSSqJpUnYSepKU8qCyycLR826TpYO3xBlkVHRtdJUUmyTLNPfVAwUWBVS1XGVdZdxl3yXypgbWHiY0NknWTnakNrF3BScNV0VX5ZfuJ_xoBWgKSCEIIegziFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6boZ2AogCio6eErJius7UEtUi2-rjKvOrAVMHzy73Q9dsL217d89-K37DjauQi6_XsOPAf8NXyHfO-8-r3pvfX-tI=

Ideal Skill Tree (Level 100) -

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB6WCEN-w34pJsgLjLJwFQq6zQZbQ9UyzUDDbXqyYEQ9fKnRVVcY6WPfXm6GPRh0U-tIXL1XWZOeApDbpFm8kquNqGmzkIrb696aOZH7igFZRYE99tQRFR_O-BuknYSlPhX3sOBo4p4SQVV3GRtfd82BtnYCDOBRN8B8EswJxLR9rF5UgCPTAVLzqakPB86Kjf8Z-WSepgh7bC7jKO3wPxBGWSVHw1ZUuBx7r9Y_68h1knQ5IXfIqC3BSidNw1bVI8-ofQQYjFr8DHmHiJpVVS4w2B2PLvWNDJjwW8y-d376FxUJLKw0V5_Brc7M=

Bandits -

Spoiler
Normal - HP
Cruel - Passive Skill Point
Merciless - Power Charge

Current Gear -

Spoiler

Flasks -

Spoiler

Auras -

Spoiler
Hatred, Clarity, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice

Links -

Spoiler
6L - Ethereal Knives, Added Fire Damage, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Power Charge on Crit, Increased Crit Damage
5L - Ethereal Knives, Added Fire Damage, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Power Charge on Crit
4L - Ethereal Knives, Added Fire Damage, Spell Echo, Faster Casting

4L - Reduced Mana, Hatred, Herald of Ash, Clarity
4L - Cast When Damage Taken, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased Duration
3L - Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduced Duration
3L - Assasin's Mark, Arctic Armour

Key Points of the build ~

1.) The obvious key to this build is getting as much Crit Chance & Crit Multiplier as you can, these 2 should be the priority on your gear, hence why items like Void Battery & Maligaro's are BiS for this build, apart from that you really want to get Cloak of Defiance for survivability and mana pool, Rathpith for the spell block and damage & Stone of Lahzwar for the spell block and cast speed.

2.) Getting the correct affixes and suffixes on gear, Projectile Speed is phenomenal with EK and improves your clear speed and quality of life immensely, try and get this on your wand. Apart from that, you want the usual stuff, Life, Resistances, Spell Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Multiplier, Cast Speed, Mana Regeneration.

3.) Defense, you can survive quite well with this build, I currently have 4k Health & 3k Mana, roughly, combine that with a high level Arctic Armour, Cloak of Defiance, and good Block / Spell Block, and you're quite hard to kill, unless you get super unlucky.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or feedback on the build, it's a new build, it could use some tweaking.
Last edited by SiennaSkies on Oct 1, 2014, 11:43:43 PM
Bump, greatly optimized the build.
Updated op
i like this , its enough dps to do anything , why need 200 k dps when you 1shot yourself on reflect
Testing you build now, seems like its fun and viable, this will be my first ek char too.
i wonder how your damage is so high :D sure that top link is acurate withthe gems posted in your current gear
"
mopzi wrote:
i wonder how your damage is so high :D sure that top link is acurate withthe gems posted in your current gear

It's accurate, kinda.

It's fully buffed, 7 power charges & Atziri Flask. I also switched out PCoC for Increased Crit Damage for the screenshot, so it's the damage you'd have if you had a 6L.
Updated OP! Got a new Lazhwar & Rathpith, both have "6% of Damage Taken Gained as Mana When Hit"

Very helpful with Cloak of Defiance, if you take a big hit and lose a lot of your mana, the next hit you take replenishes a good chunk of the mana you lost.
Last edited by SiennaSkies on Sep 29, 2014, 11:15:34 PM
Is this hardcore viable? And what do you mean by one shot? Reflect or by mobs?
"
jcxlee wrote:
Is this hardcore viable? And what do you mean by one shot? Reflect or by mobs?

It's very hard to one shot yourself on reflect, you'd have to have a 6L with Crit Multi and hit an enormous phys reflect pack to one shot yourself, even then I'm not sure if you could.

And by one shot I mean if you don't block or evade a Vaal smash, you're dead, because we have no armour and don't use a Granite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info