[1,3] Self cast non crit spark[EB][AA]

First of all excuse my poor English skills, I am from Québec (we speak French there). The main idea for the build is to uses a self-cast spark as mains AOE skill and scale it with with cast speed, duration, pierce, projectile speed and spell lightning damage. I always wanted to use self cast spark as a main skill and i think that recent patch make it possible. I played this build for 1,3 and it's been really fun. Still this build is not as effective as arc. The 1,3 patch actually buff the build a lot so Here we go !

Skill tree set up :

Planed build 108 points :

Why?

Spoiler
Why cast speed?
My main goal is to reach 5 cast per second because cast speed increase de number of projectile on screen therefor increase your damage.

Why duration?
As of right now I have 3,11 second duration spark witch help a lot to get a ton of projectile on screen therefor increase your damage.

Why pierce?
Pierce allow each projectile to hit multiple target. Right now I have 96% pierce chance.

Why projectile speed?
Projectile speed allow reduce the traveling time between two target therefor increase your AOE damage.

Current damage (lv 18 Spark):
*inaccurate*

Spoiler

It’s hard to know the damage of spark due to large number of variable. But I have not had any problem clearing low tier map (66-72) solo with good clear speed. Let's face it, clear speed > damage. The build is fun to play in group and I have had any problem yet in mid/end tier map(74+). The main problem with spark is single target damage witch is painful for bosses and lightning resistant rare. Vaal Storm call or vaal spark is a good single target option.

Issue concerning the build:

Spoiler

The biggest threat of this build is corrupting blood. You need to fund a least 2 remove bleeding and pray for god the boss is dead before you run out of flask charges.

You also have to be careful for reflect. I recomand running topaz flask, purity of lightning and an Aztiri lighning belt it seems to be ok.

Current gear:

gem setup :

Spoiler
spark setup :
Must use a 5l.
Spark, spell echo, pierce, GMP, lighning pen.
Having 20% quality on spark is mandatory. GMP help a lot too.

Single target setup:
Vaal Storm call, spell echo, increase duration, and conc. effect.

Aura and self buff setup:
haste, clarity, purity of ligthning, arctic armor, and herald of lightning.
vaal haste /w increase duration is really good too.

Extra defensive setup:
Self-cast immortal call with increase duration to have 10 + sec physical damage immunity.
I uses spell echo + enduring cry for power charge generation.

Unique:
Spoiler

Pledge of hands is a great unique because you don’t have to uses spell echo.

Spark setup in pledge of hand:
Spark, Pierce, GMP, faster projectile, and lightning penetration (increase duration of added litghning for 6l).

doryani's invitation for leach, damage, and shock chance.

That’s pretty much it! Feel free to comment and help me make the build better!
Last edited by frank07 on Dec 20, 2014, 1:44:42 PM
Thats an interesting build, but why did you choose evasion and energy shield for your defense? (not saying its wrong, i just want to know your motive)
ES is must to run AA without too much passive investment. Both armor and evasion would work great. I prefer evasion since I have decent physical damage immunity from immortal call I can take hit and evade most of the time between each cast and OG basically gives immunity to all non-spell projectile. On the other hand armor allows you to get surrounded by mob without getting rekt too much. Si Imo it all comes down to personal preference.
Updated on october 3rd 2014 :

- Passive tree

- Gear

- introduction
Build updated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info