[1.2.x. Cold Snap Damage/Support build MoM/EB - 28k+ DPS, Dual Curse ( optional Conduit, Tri-Curse )

Hello everyone !

I have spent the last week or so building up this character and had a lot of success with it so I decided to share it. I hope you like it as much as i do =D

- Intro -

Cold snap has always been on my radar as one of the skills I wanted to try out and make a build around but I never really had the guts to do so. I thought, "what if it won't scale well", "what if I can't do endgame maps with it", "should I just try something else that's proven to work and is safe ?". Well, I am really glad I tried it out since it is now my highest level character and the one I enjoy playing the most by far.

- Gameplay Video -

Spoiler

A lv 77 Shipyard with Elemental Equilibrium, Faster Cast/Attack/Move and Curse Immune.
In terms of my damage output this is the worst i could get besides a Cold Resist mod.
- Boss at 3:30, kind of got lost trying to find him :P cleared the map afterwards :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYzUW8zGlI&feature=youtu.be

- Passives -

- level 91 ( 110 points )

- around level 65 ( ~ 86 points )

- leveling build with something like Flameblast

Explanation
Spoiler

This will give you a good amount of HP, mana, mana regen and cast speed
to quickly get flameblast to 10 stacks and let the proliferated burn do the rest.

Recommended gem setup :
4L - Flameblast + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Spell Echo
5L - Flameblast + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Spell Echo + Faster Casting
6L - Flameblast + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Spell Echo + Faster Casting
+ Increased Burning Damage / Quality Added Lightning Damage / Fire Penetration

- Gear -

The "One Ring" that makes it all possible.

+

Romira's Banquet feeds you with power charges when you don't crit allowing you to bypass Cold Snaps cooldown and use it continuously. We are also taking the keystone Resolute Techique which makes it so we can never crit, negating the downside or Romira's Banquet.

~

My weapon of choice is Pledge of Hands together with the unique armour Cloak of Defiance. They offer a lot of damage and survivability and synergize very good with the Eldritch battery keystone.

~

The rest of my gear is a mix of HP, mana, mana regen, resists and stats.
You will need 108 dexterity to use Added Cold Damage and Cold Penetration and
113 strength to be able to equip Pledge of Hands. Getting stats on gear will help
a lot towards these requirements and also saves a point or two on the skill tree.

~

Doryani's Invitation is a nice addition to this build. It provides high resists
and damage, more chance to freeze enemies while we have flasks running and
1% life leech from cold damage which helps a lot in maps with curse immunity
or in general against curse immune mobs.

- Gem Setup -

Cold Snap

Spoiler

- 4L(5L with Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands)

Cold Snap + Added Cold Damage + Cold Penetration + Increased Area of Effect

- 5L(6L with Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands)

Cold Snap + Added Cold Damage + Cold Penetration + Increased Area of Effect + Faster Casting

- 6L(7L with Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands)

Cold Snap + Added Cold Damage + Cold Penetration + Increased Area of Effect + Faster Casting + Concentrated Effect

Explanation
Spoiler

The 3L "Cold Snap + Added Cold Damage + Cold Penetration" is a given. It gives you a lot of
flat damage and penetration against cold resistant enemies which makes your freeze last longer
and kills most white packs in one or two casts.

For the 4L you can choose between "Increased Area of Effect" or "Faster Casting". Whichever
you feel more comfortable playing with.

For the 5L I would suggest the one you didn't use in the 4L setup. You can also swap in
Concentrated Effect for bosses if you want.

I sometimes swap out "Faster Casting" or "Increased Area of Effect" for an "Elemental Proliferation" in my 6L setup if I run a dangerous map with a party. For example a "double boss" Courtyard.

Arc

Spoiler

- 4L

Arc + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark

- 5L

Arc + Curse on hit + Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark + Elemental Proliferation

- 6L ( Tri-Curse ) Requires the unique boots Windscream, the unique ring Doedre's Damning
or a corrupted amulet with the implicit property "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse".

Arc + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark + Elemental Proliferation +
Any curse that benefits you or your party, for example :
- Frostbite
- Assassin's Mark
- Temporal Chains
- Enfeeble

-You can also skip Elemental Proliferation and use a 5L for a Tri-Curse setup

Explanation
Spoiler
Cast your Curse on Hit setup on everything you see to increase your damage
and leech more life and mana through Warlord's Mark which also provides you with
Endurance Charges to feed your Immortal Call.

Cast when Damage Taken

Spoiler

- 4L
Cast when Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Self-explanatory, isn't it ? :)

Auras
Spoiler

- 3L

Clarity + Herald of Ice + Reduced Mana

- 4L

Clarity + Herald of Ice + any aura taht benefits you in anyway + Reduced Mana

Explanation
Spoiler

Clarity provides you with more mana regen for the rather mana-hungry Cold Snap
which is 190 mana in a 6L(7L) at level 20 with 7% reduced mana cost from the
passive tree. It also helps sustaining a high level Arctic Armour.

Herald of Ice boosts the damage of Cold Snap by a lot. It's active effect also
triggers most of the time since most mobs will be frozen when you kill them
resulting in a faster clear time.

Lightning Warp

Spoiler

- 3L

Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

Arctic Armour
- Stick it wherever you have a free green slot if you don't plan on supporting it
with Empower in which case you will probably have to remove some support gems
from Lightning Warp or abandon it altogether.

Flasks

Explanation
Spoiler

"of Heat"

You may get frozen now and then because of the low life pool of 3.9k in which case it is nice
to have a dispel frozen flask.

"of Staunching"

The cause of most of my deaths so far has been bleed so I decided to run two of these just to
be sure. Feel free to run anything else if you can manage with one.

"Atziri's Promise + Sapphire Flask of Warding"

I would usualy use these two together against reflect packs since my on-hit damage is very high.
The "Warding" suffix also removes any curses that might lower my cold resistance such as
Elemental Weakness or Frostbite. In general you can never go wrong with a wardind flask.

- Bandits -
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak
Cruel - Kill all or help Alira for cast speed
Merciless - Kill all or help Oak for an aditional Endurance Charge

My choices - Help Oak, kill, kill.

- Character Stats -

~

Thank you all for taking your time and checking out my build. Any questions and comments are appreciated. You can also PM me ingame if you want to ask anything.
Last edited by Z3roCooI on Sep 19, 2014, 8:41:30 PM
~reserved~
LOL any spell with this setup can carry you a looooong way forward !

Nothing to see here for me..
ign : Orbist_Lightning
personally i think it's a pretty sweet build! nice job!
The most important note you hit on for this build is having the gold grasp spell effect.

Personally I think it's a must for anyone using cold snap :D
How's Coldsnap's the single target damage? I mean in terms of killing Piety and Dominus on Merciless difficulty.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Just an fyi, this guy didn't make the build. Or at least I've seen similar builds on forums, and have been running a remarkably similar version of this build for 2 weeks+ already.

Tldr; OP is a big fat phony
"
Rexxen wrote:
Just an fyi, this guy didn't make the build. Or at least I've seen similar builds on forums, and have been running a remarkably similar version of this build for 2 weeks+ already.

Tldr; OP is a big fat phony

This build is 100% self made without looking up any guide or pre-made skill tree. Of course it will be similar to other builds as there are only that many efficient points you can take.
Last edited by Z3roCooI on Sep 19, 2014, 8:46:24 PM
"
Daresso wrote:
How's Coldsnap's the single target damage? I mean in terms of killing Piety and Dominus on Merciless difficulty.

If you mean for the leveling process, at that point i was still using flameblast and did both bosses in parties. I waited until 68 for my pledge of hands and cold snap.
If you mean in terms of farming, as you can see from the video i included it is quite capable of dealing a lot of single target damage considering the monsters in the video have 50% increased cold resist and can not be cursed.
Last edited by Z3roCooI on Sep 19, 2014, 8:44:14 PM
"
ThorRR wrote:
LOL any spell with this setup can carry you a looooong way forward !

Nothing to see here for me..

Did you expect me to showcase a skill with wrong support gems and bad gear just to make you happy ? Isn't the point of a guide showing others what a skill can do with the right gem setup and gear so that they can use it as well and be successful with it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info