[1.2.X] Beyond | EB AA RF Flame Surger (In-Depth Guide) > 20k DPS

Hi everyone,
This is a build I've been playing for about the last week and a half or so and really enjoying! It's a traditional life-based RF build that utilizes the synergy between Righteous Fire and Flame Surge as well as The Three Dragons with Static Blows to pull of some crazy dps without many damage nodes on the tree. The build is able to run high levels of Arctic Armor through the use of Atziri's Foible, high mana and mana regen on rings, and a hybrid chest which gives us mana thanks to Eldritch Battery. This high mana regen also enables us to maintain the high cost of a well-linked Flame Surge, without resorting to mana leech or blood magic. By running Arctic Armor coupled with the inherently high fire resist of a righteous fire build, this build EXTREMELY resilient to fire damage, which became much more dangerous with the release of the Beyond League.

Build/Passive Tree:
Spoiler
The main goal of the build is to stack regen, so we can maintain our Righteous Fire without dying. There are regen clusters in Templar, Duelist, Marauder, Scion, and elsewhere on the tree, so we have a lot of ground to cover!

Here are some example trees:
40 points:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPrr7prgRZ1TUkGHtz7-Cti9xq4cpwxfU6W4k6cIna4SaRcccXk8LUz_r2zFivAfBLMCcaIAxPYn7fxLbBaHGRRNNZI=

84 points (the point you can start using RF):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CsaumuC4k9i9HKc8LUWdpwg1kgxfxPZM_1NSj0adrrXyU6Un7a9sm6ESaalu_EvFivfXFxx4DWwW8B-smHF5WK8LYYcZBLOiADpYEQ90VTboeWgUTQJxVcZMLV8qOlLBBBSwhmAOPF8_gh5hUhRx45-iD9sL704DxicvLv9AoAYO7w5QUAUtY_28n8RYCfYn1Vhj

My current build (Level 82, 101 points)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEswUtC2EMXxEPEmkUTRSwFxwY2xynIWAnLyfVJ-0o-imlKo0u_zWSNok22DboOlI6WDwtPfxAoEGHRZ1JG0wtTP9OKk-vUFBTUlOlVcZYY1ivW69fKl8_YVJnvWh0bBZxeXRVdPF4DXlogh6Cx4M4g9uGYIcZjM-PRpSgmuCboZ2uogCiD6cIqW6smK9stfK3PriTvJ_BBMRYxPbFisauxtjYTdi92mLbC-Of6-7sVe8O707vfPAf8Wz06fZI99f56PxL_gr-jw==

119 points (optimized by CraZ_Killa):
hhttps://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-6-7-CsaumuC4k_JF2L0cpzwtRZ2nCDrhNZIMX8T2TP9TUo9Gna6mV7Xy_o9TpSftr2yboRJpTeOpbvxLxYr31xcceA1sFvAfrJhxeQthhxkEs6IA8Ww6WBEPdFV5aBRNAnE22FXGTC1fKsEEgzhJG4PbFLBfP-98Ko0EB4Ie4598uPZIog_sVUyz2wv06Scv8ayMzy7_l5VPrzaJ7w4pLj38UFBSU2e9BS28n1hjPV-X9MRYYEvG2G0ZJ9V67wj0wFROKmpDKaVhIYTvdO0B3OLqvoobyF4TtkFDMQ==

Optional clusters:
Faith and Steel (Armor, which we need, and mana through Eb, also all res.)
Static Blows (not required, LARGE DPS increase.)

Levelling:
Spoiler
Pick up Searing Bond as early as possible. The build gets Holy Fire, so pick it up for more damage when you start using searing bond. The high regen should carry you while levelling.
At 65 switch to Righteous Fire and Flame Surge. Try to get Eldritch Battery and Iron Reflexes soon!

Intrabuild Synergies
Spoiler

There are many synergies to be found within the build, namely the synergy between the burn caused by Righteous Fire and the damage bonus it gives to Flame Surge and the fact that their damage can both be scaled in the same way (Fire, AoE).Also, there is the fact that we can't ignited with flame surge, so we use three dragons to instead use it to shock, giving us a large damage bonus to both RF and Flame Surge. Fianlly, our high fire resistance, coupled with arctic armor makes us need not dread detonate dead strongboxes, magnus, or Tzteosh.

Gear:
Spoiler

In gearing, we want life, resists,mana(ES), and mana regen.

Not mandatory. Has good Area of Effect, high ES for mana, decent Evasion for Armor through iron reflexes and all resist.Can be substituted with a good hybrid eva/es chest.

Spell damage does not affect Righteous Fire, but fire damage does. So 1% fire damage is better than 1% spell damage for this build. Cast speed on weapons will benefit our spell echo as well.

Obligatory for this build.

Optional, use if choosing to get Static Blows. No life, so try for high life on other pieces.

High mana/mana regen.
Optional, if not going for shocking via static blows, use a high life, resist ES helm for more mana.

High mana/mana regen.

Necessary for high level of AA and a 5+ linked Flame Surge at a high level. Fairly Cheap.

High life/resists. Leather belts are the best for this build.

High resists, chaos resist is a benefit, but not mandatory.

High resists, chaos resist is a benefit, but not mandatory. The master mod was not done by me, nor does it benefit the build.

Gems/Links:

Spoiler

Listed in order of importance:
Flame Surge-Conentrated Effect-Spell Echo-Fire Penetration-Faster Casting-Increased Area of Effect

Righteous Fire-Increased Area of Effect-Increased Burning Damage-Concentrated Effect(only with a high aoe modifier like carcass jack and many aoe nodes.

Cast when Damage Taken-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-Increased Duration (listed in link order because order matters for this CWDT setup.) This helps cover the fact that we don't have a ton of armor with this build.

Lightning Warp-Faster Casting-Reduced Duration

Auras: Purity of Fire-Clarity-Grace/Determination (depending on if you have Iron Reflexes and your group composition.)

Map Mods:
Spoiler
Avoid Vulnerability and half or no regen maps. Vulnerability can be done, but it would be a bit tough. The regen maps are not doable.

DPS:
Spoiler
My flame surge currently has a 15k tooltip dps. http://imgur.com/hMzx4Z5
We multiply this by 1.5 to account for bonus damage from a burning target to get 22.5k.Then we apply the increased damage from shock. I am not going to try to calculate the total dps after shock and accounting for penetration. Users on Reddit have let me know that my math was incorrect, and I thank them for that.

Thanks for reading!

Message me ingame: @NiceLeagueBro
Last edited by Overload on Jan 30, 2020, 5:27:02 AM
"
Overload wrote:

Map Mods:
The regen maps are not doable.
half regen should be doable

1. don't turn on RF at all
2. use warp more frequently, don't waste mana while running
Build looks pretty good
might run it to test it out since i was looking at rf or flamesurge build myself

however your dps calculations are not acurate as you dont count fire pen as a direct % buff, its effectivnes depends on monster resistance and might not work at all if the mob is overcapped

Why no MOM?
The video is now up!
Last edited by Overload on Jan 30, 2020, 5:26:46 AM
"
Why no MOM?

No MoM because I have a very small available pool and not a massive total pool.
"
nekrus2 wrote:
Build looks pretty good
might run it to test it out since i was looking at rf or flamesurge build myself

however your dps calculations are not acurate as you dont count fire pen as a direct % buff, its effectivnes depends on monster resistance and might not work at all if the mob is overcapped

Penetration always works, even on overcapped mobs. My math was indeed flawed though!

From the wiki: "Consider a player using a skill with Penetrates 50% Fire Resistance dealing 100 fire damage to an enemy: The enemy has +150% Fire resistance, but is capped at their maximum fire resistance of 75%. This will result in an effective 25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 75 fire damage."
Last edited by Overload on Sep 18, 2014, 8:42:53 PM
Aside from the obvious cool-factor and innovation-factor I wonder what this build offers over something like prolif flameblast or discharge or anything. Something like flameblast can be played since lvl 10 (no need to do difficult transitions or use a different leveling skill), can prolif shock, is extremely long range, can run more map mods than you can, is infinitely easier to assemble in terms of gear requirement and has much more clear speed. The only real advantage you have is that reflect will probably bother you less.
Beyond league.
"
Aside from the obvious cool-factor and innovation-factor I wonder what this build offers over something like prolif flameblast or discharge or anything. Something like flameblast can be played since lvl 10 (no need to do difficult transitions or use a different leveling skill), can prolif shock, is extremely long range, can run more map mods than you can, is infinitely easier to assemble in terms of gear requirement and has much more clear speed. The only real advantage you have is that reflect will probably bother you less.

Good points, i think i'll see how it fares with flameblast!
why u don't take area points in witch?? And static blows is very important? I'm thinking in don't take this points and take Sovereignty for more 1 aura cast. What u think about it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info