[1.2.x] Rampage | Life Crit Dagger Lightning Strike HoA Proliferation

Why Scion and not Shadow?
I needed to make a Scion for 65 achievement. I did not see many players utilizing the excellent critical chance nodes and critical multiplier nodes on the left hand side of the tree. I decided to use endurance cry and immortal call for physical mitigation since the scion tree passes by the Potency of Will and Exceptional Performance nodes. Not sure if this is hardcore viable.

I picked Lightning Strike because I never used it as a main skill and I think it looks neat.

20% Lightning Strike is the only mandatory skill gem. However, I suggest picking up a 20% Immortal Call, and Increased Duration. Level 4 enhance is ideal. Quality on other gems is preferable.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
+High Damage
+Excellent Critical Hit Chance
+11+ second Immortal Call with 5 endurance charges
+Different than your usual Shadow dagger builds
+Can shock
+Excellent killing potential from HoA + elemental proliferation + increased burning damage

Cons:
-Can be stunned
-Okay defenses
-Can die to elemental or physical reflect if not careful

Gameplay
Have endurance charges up as much as possible. Use immortal call against hard hitting mobs or mobs with physical reflect. Go up to enemies and kill them. See other monsters burn from the proliferation from herald of ash. Use ST against elemental reflect if you think you will die.

Gems
Lightning Strike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Increased Critical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage/Added Fire/Additional Accuracy (Increased Critical is 5th link, Weapon Elemental/other is 6th link) You do not need to run LMP/GMP

Reduced Mana - Herald of Ash - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Burning Damage

Reduced Mana - Hatred - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks

Enduring Cry - Echo

Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Enhance

Spectral Throw - Power Charge on Critical - Faster Projectiles - Lesser Multiple Projectiles (Use for power charges and against large packs of ele reflect)

Passive Trees (Leveling and final)
35 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrxs8M6S1ebtcDjUzUPqxa_sbPtQSaVYeJVS4w2pn-1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8g5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1A==
71 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9UzX-Cg-rFr-xsyaV7UFh4qZ_VUu1SIw28-oqC3BSidNw1V3yDkjjhGNDEZY2PcCc8uGQGwcenaqnNEcGcFaVLmKsbIzYdpoT8NW5Plb129RJUaxm224s4ZfQfeOOig==
102 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9UzX-Cg-rtz4Wv8ausbMmlTwt7UFh4sT2l_6mf1VLJ-1-vbVIjDb8S6yq8-psFnKpWfMqC4cZ9zKYb8AacFLqGLvtkn2QVYnTMFQk4ZHO5c-nhHDVPT77RRo4XfLcIw5IP5vjhGNDEZY2PcCc8uGQGwcenaqnNEcGd_1wVpUuYqxsjNh229SaE_DVuT5W9UlRrGbbbizhl9B9446K
117 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YHHg5ID6sRlha_Gjgk4SaVJ-0qCyzhMFQzhzWSNj07KDwtPT4_m0cGSVFKyEtXUzVVS1b1WW1Z813yX5hgQ2HiYqxjQ2wWbIxuPW6qb55wUnBWcNVyqXcHd_194369guSDCYcThxmJ04qvjDaOipARkBuQVZHOkn2VLpfQl_6Yb5oTm7WcpJ2qpn-nNKeErGasqrGztUi18rc-uT677b68wBrAnMDjwzrE9sauykrPMth22L3bbtvU3CPjhOXP6hjtQfDV8bPy4fPq9zL7RfxL_godvgPu8kU64aZXTeP-jzGe7Dg62C3S

Bandits
Oak/Oak/Oak No need for extra power charge. You have enough crit chance as is.

Current Gear

Weapon: Dagger will be most expensive piece. You can craft one yourself using Elreon or try and buy a good one.
Armor: Lightning Coil is nice.
Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity or gloves with 10% + attack speed, life, resistances, and phys damage.
Boots: Typical Life, resistances, movement speed
Helm: Life, resistances/intelligence/accuracy
Belt: You can use Meginord's Girdle, a good leather belt or heavy belt. If you have a 6 link armor then you might want to use a rustic belt with %Elemental Damage.
Shield: 1000+ defense with life and resistances (+Block is nice). Strive for at least 30% block on your shield.
Rings: Life, added physical damage (maybe %elemental damage), accuracy, resists, and maybe 2% mana leech
Amulet: Added physical damage, Accruacy, 4%+ life leech (and mana leech, but probably expensive)

Stats
Damage (LS): 62k without auras, 95K with auras 9.5 attacks per second
Damage (ST): 4.6k without auras, 7k with auras, 4 attacks per second
Crit (w/o power charges): 76%
Crit (4 power charges): 92.7%

Accuracy: 86% 1665 main hand accuracy rating

Immortal Call (5 Endurance charges): 12 seconds
Immortal Call (5 Endurance charges, Level 2 Enhance): 13 seconds

Life: 4.3k
Mana: 162/562 (400 reserved)

Defense: 3.3k armor, 1.5k evasion, 30% to block

6% Life Leech
4% Mana Leech

Maps and other
Can do most maps. Make sure you have Topaz, Ruby, and Sapphire flasks handy for big hitting elemental bosses/enemies. Half regen may be annoying. Temp chains isn't bad... longer immortal call. Ele reflect might be a problem, but you may opt to use spectral throw or skip. Phys reflect can be a problem if you forget to have immortal call or your endurance charges active.
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Oct 2, 2014, 2:43:08 PM
Im very interested in this build,love lightning strike and i want to make scion , so it's perfect!
Only two noob question:
why you use only one dagger?
some general tips for levelling?

Thanks!
"
Verofabio wrote:
Im very interested in this build,love lightning strike and i want to make scion , so it's perfect!
Only two noob question:
why you use only one dagger?
some general tips for levelling?

Thanks!

I forgot to post my shield. It's there now.

You can use spectral throw and lightning strike or double strike for single target. You could use lightning strike on blood magic if you don't want to level with spectral throw. LS - multistrike - melee phys - Blood magic/faster attacks. Use faster attacks if you can sustain your mana. I leveled with LS and had no problems.

As for leveling, skip the crit nodes by the Scion start until you finish getting all the dagger nodes. For weapons, use Ungil's until Mightflay. Once you get to 50 or so, look for an upgrade. Look for one with at least 1.5 attack speed. Say no to slow daggers! Faster the better!
Updated my build.
I have been really enjoying this build so far. Sadly daggers just seem to be so expensive. At lvl 60 I'm still using Mightflay. I also tried Pyre ring during leveling but it kinda prevented lot of ele prolifs so I stopped using it. I also don't have Maligaro's Virtuosity so I have been using Shadows and Dust as a poor man's Maligaro's Virtuosity.

I have also noticed that LS with multistrike seem to desync quite easily making me miss lot of hits or my accuracy is just so damn low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info