[1.2] Bad Tongue - Penta Curse Generosity Witch, may buff a good group with more then 2 Mil DPS

Leading is supporting, supporting by making others strong!

This build is part of a party build that was planned by me and my friend to play together in the new league. Then I started joining other public parties and found out people enjoy when they have a good support character with them.

The basic idea behind the build is to buff the damage of your party with
Hatred, Anger and Wrath on Generosity with most aura nodes, and Dying Breath.
And in the same time weakening the enemy to those elements with all elemental curses.
The 5th curse could be Enfeeble/Temporal Chains for bosses and Assassin's Mark for faster
clear speed. For the 6'th curse, I'll need to have a +1 curse corrupt on it.

I use Ball lightning to cast the curses as it had a nice AOE and I make it move faster with Karui Ward.

To deal with Curse Immune packs I use Vaal Lightning Trap to boost damage with the Shocking ground.

And to help clear faster or deal with map bosses I use Vaal Haste with Increased Duration which gets all the bonuses from the aura scaling nodes.

In a perfect world I would use six curses with two Curse on Hit six links:

Ball lightning+ Curse on Hit + 3 Curses + Enhance

As Quality on curses will do wonders and Empower wont be as useful in this case.

Skill Tree now (level 85):

Progress:
Spoiler
Use a little more defensive auras for now,
can cast one more 40% aura with the anger+hatred on generosity,
discipline gets +2 from the alpha.

Can cast 3 purities when needed, 2 of which are in the alpha.

Finally using Enhance level 2 with Temporal Chains 19/23 and Elemental Weakness 19/22.

slowing everything that is getting close to 20% of it's original speed and lowering
elemental defenses by about 120%. (from 75 to about -45), multiplying elemental damage
on high elemental defense enemies by about 5(!) times.

In rough calculation, only by cursing the enemies with all elemental weakness
having 5 people that each do only 100K elemental dps, buff the damage of the group by 2 Million dps.

Here are the skill trees for the build in 2 versions of it: CI and Low Life.

CI Skill Tree: (level 95)

For low life you will need the Arcane Vision and no CI,
but this way you will be able to add Wrath on generosity:
(on level 13 of Blood Magic + Reduced Mana you will have 99.684% of life reserved if you don't take aura nodes) (level 94)

My Items right now:
Spoiler

Leveling:

Current stats:
Increased 60% Curse effectiveness (close range)
Increased 42% Curse effectiveness (out of Dying Breath's range)
Increased 110% Aura effectiveness (Auras with Generosity)
Increased 72% Aura effectiveness (without Generosity on Discipline)
Increased 98% Aura effectiveness (Discipline on you with Inner Force and Athleticism)

I will gladly accept any suggestions how to improve the build.

Real commanders do more damage when they make their army stronger!

Enjoy.
Last edited by heliusflame on Oct 2, 2014, 1:11:07 AM
Added skill trees.
Added the basic explanation.
Added current items.
Added current skill tree.

Last edited by heliusflame on Sep 25, 2014, 11:10:19 PM
Updated Trees
Updated Current Items
added Current stats
Use a little more defensive auras for now,
can cast one more 40% aura with the anger+hatred on generosity,
discipline gets +2 from the alpha.

Can cast 3 purities when needed, 2 of which are in the alpha.

Finally using Enhance level 2 with Temporal Chains 19/23 and Elemental Weakness 19/22.

slowing everything that is getting close to 20% of it's original speed and lowering
elemental defenses by about 120%. (from 75 to about -45), multiplying elemental damage
on high elemental defense enemies by about 5(!) times.

In rough calculation, only by cursing the enemies with all elemental weakness
having 5 people that each do only 100K elemental dps, buff the damage of the group by 2 Million dps. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I really feel like I'm in an Orca buffing my mining fleet.
Last edited by heliusflame on Oct 2, 2014, 1:01:23 AM
I had the same idea. I'm 71 right now, and the most difficult thing is getting 2 6 Link.
I don't use Karui Ward as I don't know yet if projectile speed is important in this build.
I got Carcass Jack for the body, for the area of effect bonus.

For the aura, I prefer running all 3 purity and haste, as I seldom encounter melee character and more spellcaster, I find it is both better for offense and defense. I dropped the idea of using generosity, because a dead support don't do support and I have a hard time getting max resist with all this uniques.

I use Vaal Grace instead of Vaal Lighting Trap, but you have a very good idea against curse immune. I also plan to use a decoy totem.

For Curse, I prefer Poacher, Assassin and Warlord. The life leech and mana leech / gain on hit sustain me and all the charge turn my party into a christmas parade. I then use Temporal Chain and Enfeeble or Elemental Weakness if we're good.

I don't like CI nor Low Life, so I'm just considering this IR build
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
Looks like a nice build :) I might try to do something like this when the next league starts :)
I would be really interested to watch a video of this build in action :) Also, how useful do you feel when playing it? Is it viable when going on at bosses ? Don't you die too often ?
My build as of now :
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAPCicvg0fQYdYB3zlGGp4L5uhj0aApCSwhtEXL_rSHRRV1mTnGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykpvnoMJRnEdquGIrKpZ88AaZp41kti9_gq3Ps8yWW1fmG6qtfIn7eNqNukWbySqGjinhJBVA-4dvjOHhxlsFvxLSsh9W6xHUUwqTT8nguS-vIqvkBEppU4qW6_dDSzpFSBKfYd2Z6D8xTwtxq7E9sWKr2xM_-98gzgUTQSz8B-iAJ_fPAUvb9kTcLvsGMHFf8Yc3JMntAzEopcGLYOlxPno_kk=

My stuff as of now :
Spoiler

4-5 auras, 6 curses, 1 6L, and gem near level 20.
I need a 6L dying breath so I could double cast BL with 3 curses + enhance. For now, no enhance used and I manually cast the 2 others.

I played with another support scion with all auras, my aura are slightly better because of dying breath but not very noticable.
Why do I prefere this build ? well, the other have too much auras, and some are useless depending on the group :
- Discipline is often use by the one who need them
- Hatred, Wrath and Anger are not always effective
- Determination, Grace, Vitality : often usefull, but no more than half the party.
Whereas some curses are more effective whatever build there are in the party :
- Warlord's Mark leech is awesome, and provide endurance charge for RF. Totem and Trapper lose more.
- Poacher's Mark, on hit is less awesome, but frenzy charge are good. Totem, trapper and rf don't care.
- Assassin's Mark, huge dps boost. Only degen don't care.
- Temporal Chain, always usefull, huge defensive boost.
- Enfeeble, always a good second defensive boost.
- Elemental weakness, more usefull than 3-ele off aura in my opinion.
This is my main 6, but I have all curses in my inventory ready to switch :
- Vulnerability : I once mapped with 2 RF, and a seraing bond totem.
- Flamability, Frostbite, Conductivity : I often map with witch, there seems to have a lot. If two of them have the same element, I usually help them.
- Punishment : for minions, didn't use it more than once though

So, the plus of this build in my opinion is :
- more versatility when grouping with random people
- very effective, both in offense and in deffense
And cons :
- curse immune (I still have Vaal grace / haste and decoy totem and my aura left)
- party members that curse, especially those with curse on it or cast when damage taken.

You can see me here : http://www.twitch.tv/pathofexile_fr/b/579075840 at 3:11:00
I really don't die often, praise warlord / bl for that, but I sure die swiftly when running haste instead of grace, and I just recently added a jade and granite flask. My job is in the secure spot, away from danger most of the time, but I have to get near mob for dying breath.
I didn't do 75+ maps for now. I want to corrupt my gem once they are 20/0 to at least get some 1/21-23 and sell the other to buy 1/23. My Enhance 2 are still at 400M and 227M. Need that other 6L too.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
Why do you have the 3 lifereg nodes next to Scion?
Avatar of Apocalypse done on the first run with only one dps ranger. Took some time but had a lot of fun.

Didnt thought about life build but I guess it can work.. how much life pool do you have?

allana, forgot to remove those from a previous version of the build.

I'll update a little more today.
And I dont know how to make a video.. need to read about it.. maybe I'll try soon.
Last edited by heliusflame on Oct 20, 2014, 2:47:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info