[1.2] KuteKitteh's Righteous Fire Arcer

meow meow meowmeow meow meowmeowmeow meow meowmeow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kitteh's Personal Thoughts
Spoiler
"SOME MEN JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN"

I've known about RF viability in 1.2 ever since the patch came out. I mean, -3% max res? Pssh, that's not a problem. I just haven't had the time or motivation to do a write-up. I was expecting some theorycrafter or another to do an RF arc tree + writeup but surprisingly no one has done that despite the interest shown by people. Now that I've moved in and started the regular flow of classes I'm just going to throw this out there. Took me a whole 25 minutes to compile everything, was kind of in a rush so if it looks like I put no effort into it, it's because I didn't.

The RF build was severely nerfed by the 1.2 build. Viable? Of course. Just as strong? Nope. The reason why is because the build is forced to run two purities on a Geofri/Vertex, meaning Lightning Coil is not an option for 5L arc (meaning we have a lot less phys defense). Haste is not viable to run anymore, and the tree is so stretched out that damage nodes are hard to come by. Regardless, it is still viable and completely doable for those who are interested in some nostalgia.

Build Highlights
-Eldritch Battery, Unwavering Stance
-4-5k hp
-up to 93/75/84 resists
-13k tooltip DPS
-Level 20 AA
-SET FIAAH TO THE RAAAIN <-listen to this while reading

Videos
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/fphxQ3EQPOw
It kills stuff. Whatever.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
-Great critless DPS. Very reliable.
-Fire + lightning damage gives amazing single-target DPS.
-Sturdy against elemental damage.
-Low resistance requirements due to PoL + PoF
-BURNINATE ALL THE MOBS

Cons:
-Incompatible with many map mods. Weak in vulnerability maps. Cannot run minus max res, half/no regen, and is extremely flask-reliant for reflect maps.
-Very strict and high requirements. Cannot (and should not) be attempted with anything less.
-Very high level requirement. The full build can't be run until much later.
-Weak versus hard phys damage.

Stats

Passives
Spoiler

Bandits:
N: Oak or passive
C: Alira or passive
M: Passive

Some notes about the passive tree:
-The build will be almost impossible to sustain until you get 93 points. The bare-minimum tree excludes vital health nodes, meaning the build will not be up-to-par until 6-8 health nodes later.
-I trust you are experienced enough to know exactly what nodes you need after the initial bare-minimum setup. I also trust that you are experienced enough to know what your leveling path should look like. If neither of these describe you, then we have a problem.
-The tree only gives +30 dex. You're hard-pressed to run a level 20 AA, so you'll need some dex gear.
-You can take the flask nodes if you're interested in running Atziri. That will push your lightning res from 94 to 97 with flasks.
-It looks really weird. Don't question it.

Gear and Items
Spoiler
Must-haves
Spoiler

Kinda self-explanatory. These two are completely necessary for the resistances.

Rest of Gear
Spoiler

Life, res, gear, mana regen, ES, dexterity. Simple.

Flasks are standard setup. A couple panicked staunching divine life flasks, a couple topaz flasks, and an Atziri's Promise.

Gems
Spoiler
Since geofri is no longer an option for 4L arc, Arc has to go on the chest. So in order of priority:
Arc
Spell Echo
Lightning Penetration
Faster Casting
Empower level 3
Added Lightning/Chaos Damage

Auras:
Geofri: Purity of fire (20) + Purity of lightning (17 or 20) + Reduced mana (19 or 20) + Empower (2 or 3)

These gem levels are set in stone. You cannot run the build with anything less than these. (Actually, I lied. I can actually run it with a 17 PoF but that's really risky and strongly not recommended. It's only 1 ex for a corrupted 20 PoF anyways, you can afford it if you can afford an RF build.)

In 1.1, I ran PoF on a Geofri for 96 fire resist, while most ran 94 or 95 res. With the -3% max res, running PoF on Geo is almost a must.

The PoL level can be either 17-19 or 20. If it's 17-19, you get 82 lightning res. If it's 20, you get 84 lightning res, so that's important versus reflect.

Shield: Clarity + Vitality + Reduced mana

These can be any level, actually. Strongly recommend at least level 18 on all 3 though.

3L CWDT:
CWDT
Immortal Call
Enduring Cry

As always.

Righteous Fire:
Optional: Increased AOE, Increased Burn Damage, Concentrated Effect

If you care about the DPS on RF, you can throw it on a 3/4L. It's a nice clearing aid, really.

Misc:
Arctic Armour
Lightning Warp + Reduced duration
Elemental Weakness.

There are a few gemslots open. What you do with them is your business. You can run a prolif arc totem or something cheesy like that.

Any comments & questions are welcome.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Sep 1, 2014, 2:26:36 PM
Reserve.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Gonna give this a go now, will let you know how it goes.
how did you give 93 fire resist, i see +1 from tree, +8 from shield, +4 from purity of fire = 88
IGN: Aqur
"
how did you give 93 fire resist, i see +1 from tree, +8 from shield, +4 from purity of fire = 88

aura effect nodes bump it to 93
"

Aura and Buff effect nodes increases max resist received from Purity of Fire.

Weakness to Physical damage can by bypassed with Lightning Coil.

EDIT: While I was posting in other thread someone responded. Note to myself: Refresh before responding.

Last edited by Sarunastm on Sep 6, 2014, 4:59:07 PM
Does the RF Spell DMG compensate for you stretching all over the tree? i mean, how much damage does it do compared to a straight arcer?

How would it be if i dropped arc and the lightning nodes for fire ones and used a fireball?
Looks interesting Kitteh. However I have to agree with you, RFs glory days are over.
At least I got to play it in all its glory, snapshotting n shit :P
So. I decided to start playing this build after all. Why? I just want an RFer. No more being scared of flameblast :P
Also, I miss my ARCers. You may remember me, I've played your tanky ARCer on Beyond (twice, actually). The second and much better attempt was extremely OP, until she ripped to a crit flameblast from Magnus at lvl83.
So no, my main complaint would NOT be huge physical burst damage ;)

Anyway, at least thise one won't die to flameblast. Haha!

Will let you know how it goes, and what alterations I am making to your build, if any.

cheers
Okay, lvl45 - so far so good. Having played so many Arc witches, levelling is familiar ground. Tho I've never used a Tabula before, 6L Arc in normal is... fun :D

So, planned changes so far:

- I'll stick to your tree for now
- Herald of Thunder as an additional aura. Honstely if you use arc, you gotta use this. It boosts dps, looks cool, and since you frequently shock stuff it really plays like a mini-version of Storm herald. Win! I will have to take the additional 4% mana reserve node from the Sovereignty wheel, hopefully that's going to be enough
- I added flame surge as a secondary skill for single target/bosses. Apart from being the game's most potent single-target skill, flame surge has that sweet "50% more damage against burning enemies" stat, which means in combination with turning on RF, its DPS will double. So even in a mere 4link, single targets will go down way faster than with just Arc. Of course this has the downside of being melee range, but the same goes for RF as a damage dealing skill. So I feel this really supplements the build well.
Gem setup: Flame Surge - conc. effect - echo - fire pen

Stuff I'm worried about so far:
- getting Empower gems to the desired level. I tried this 3 times, 3 times my char ripped before those had levelled :P
- lack of proper defenses. Really, without the block and MoM it's gonna be a bit squishy late-game. I have no idea how to improve on this though, other than changing the final tree a bit to get more life nodes (200%+ instead of lightning wheel and the ele dmg wheel, basically)

Gear so far:
Spoiler
Last edited by therealjcool on Nov 7, 2014, 8:52:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info