Herald of Ash and Culling Strike

Let's assume a target has 10% or less life. How much, if any, of the skill's damage is counted as overkill damage?

Does Culling Strike kill the target before damage is calculated or is damage calculated and then Culling Strike takes affect?
Culling is checked after Damage is dealt.

Culling is not Damage. If Culling kills your target, you didn't deal enough Damage to kill it in the first place, so there's no overkill Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Culling is not Damage. If Culling kills your target, you didn't deal enough Damage to kill it in the first place, so there's no overkill Damage.

AFAIK this is the first overkill mechanic to be released in PoE, do we have confirmation that this is the case?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I'm using power syphon which culls and I think I often get overkill.

I say "I think", because it's hard to tell if it's the overkill from herald of Ash or the kill streak Rampage stuff going on. Especially with the power syphon effects going off at the same time it's a screen full of effects and even solo I don't know what the fuck is going on.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Unfortunate. Thanks as always, Vipermagi.
Nvm there is no overkill damage at all. :|
Helping others is a Delight
Last edited by chocojel on Aug 28, 2014, 2:10:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info