Badass Barbarians - 2 Handed Melee Marauders - Patch 1.3

The Karui will never be slaves!

Leveling Trees:
Axe Tree:

Mace Tree:

Sword Tree:

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal :Oak for 40 Maximum life, Cruel :Kraytin for 8% Increased Attackspeed, Merciless :Eramir for 1 additional skillpoint, if you feel in need for more endurance charges you can still spend your point in the charges on the tree

Gem set up: As A two Handed user you can choose from many skills ill show you the setups for the most common of them, some of them can only be used with maces OR Axes

Area of Effect Skill Setups

Spoiler
put them in your item with the most sockets linked together , remove Faster attacks as 5l(not at cyclone, remove addedfire or life gian on hit here)and blood magic on 4l, some mana leech+ flask should e enough to cover the cost of a 5l especially now woith reduced mana cost overall, if you cant keep p the mana cost remove the gem that give the less dps boost and replace it with bloodmagic

Groundslam : Groundslam+
166" index=
Cyclone :
or

Leapslam :

Cleave :

Sweep :

Infernal Blow :

Single Target Setup

Spoiler
Heavy Strike/Double Strike :

Moltenstrike:
if you choose moltensrike pick up the Iron Grip Keystone on the passive tree

Auras: 4L Hatred+Determination+Herald of Ash

Cast When Damage Taken: 2x 4l keep the first at low levels that it proccs often, and level the second higher to provide a long duration of immortal call, enfeeble can be swapped for Vulnerbility if you feel like you need more damage

for gear look for Life+Strenght+Armour on almost every single piece, make sure to cap your resistances at 76/75/75 (Barbarism gives +1 to maximum fire resitance)

as weapons get the highest physical damage axe or mace you can find, craft or buy, elemental damage on weapons is almost worthless,

you need atleast 4%-6% Lifeleech on your gear to sustain,

increase your dps by attackspeed and x-x Physical damage rolls from gear, several uniqes can be used with theese builds it requires none, it only gets more powerful through fitting ones

Magicfind: Because it reqires no special Items, you can stack Item Rarity (and Item Quantity,only available on a few uniqes) too! You can also put a skill linked to the Increased Item Rarity and Culling Strike gems in your 2nd weapon setup and switch to it to finish off bosses, Reapers pursuit is a great Item for this, it offers item rarity and has inbuild cullling strike

My Gear, Standard League:
Spoiler

weapon swap for culling

My Gear,... league:
Spoiler
coming soon

My Tree at level 93:

My Stats: Offence
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/mzxrgzp.jpg
Defence
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/VxFBe21.jpg

this is my first guide, feel free to ask Question or post Constructive Critic

I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Dec 15, 2014, 9:45:35 AM
Reserved
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
DPS? with/without auras
"
DPS? with/without auras
21K Cyclone dps( Cyclone, faster attacks, Melee physical Damge, Concentrated Effect,Bloodmagic, Life Gain on hit) with Hatred with my current tree, i will up date this when the patch comes out and add screenshots of offense and defense
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Aug 20, 2014, 2:11:31 PM
This looks quite interessting for a 2hand Mace/GS Marauder.
Think this will be the new way for my Sword/Shield oldschool Marauder, because it bored me :D
I´m always more of a Face to Face pure destruction Guy when it comes to RPGs. So a straight forward 2Hand-Mace-Groundlammer seems perfectly right for me.
looks good ! i have the same vision that the "berserker" barbarian : a big mountain of life nodes and a huge 2handed weapon damage

but i think we need more endurance charge cause no shield/defence. Maybe coming from to the left part ( "vigor","stamina" and "endurance")

and you use 119 skill point. more realisticly ( sory french inside ) maybe use juste 100 ^^

keep going !

BERZZZZZZZZZEEEEEERK' !!!
Went from 9000 Life to 8500 Life , and from 21k dps to 30k dps(holyshit) with Herald of ash!

remade the tree, now pickung up the aura cluster near unwavering stance, to be abble to run Hatred+Determination+Herald of Ash
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Your changes look nice. Definitely will be following this Guide for most of my process :>
Like the overhaul you did on the Startpost. Thanks for your work so far ;)
Nice build, you gave me a lot of ideas!
Can i go for the round tree near the Resolute Technique node instead of going down as you went, if i want to pick damage with maces ? Also should i get Iron Grip for a Molten Strike build ?
Last edited by Gigakos on Aug 26, 2014, 8:15:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info