mostly done with normal, where should I branch off to with my build?

Here's what I have so far at lvl 36

Freezing pulse is my main attack since it's an up close and personal spell with built in penetration, a quick cast that is rarely interrupted, doesn't need to be supplemented by accuracy or dex mods, and the freezing debuff is built in damage reduction. I use ice spear and decoy totem for any mobs/bosses that present some combination of abilities that require me to kill them from range. Molten shell supplements as damage and defense [EDIT HERE] and I use tempest shield mostly for the +4% block although damage I don't have to bother aiming is nice as well. I also use leap and shield bash for utility when I really need to get to a caster or run away from a fight. I've been using chain armor and kite shield to make use of energy shield and the body and soul nodes since it allows for quick recharging during tough fights particularly those against enemies that don't have their own energy shield. In act III I added frost bite to boost dps a bit.

My plan is to pick up that +30 max life nod I'm 1 point away from whenever I feel like my life isn't high enough and then pick up the 2nd body and soul node at which point I could either head towards the nearby life and block nodes or if I'm feeling weak the nearby crit/damage nodes on the top left portion of the templar tree near the witch.
Last edited by sinosleep on Feb 4, 2013, 12:35:29 AM
Pick up he two weapon elemental damage nodes and Catalyze. Finish out body and soul and head south for reduced mana reserve and reduced mana cost.

That's what I would do.
Yeah, the mana nodes make sense since I rely on casting in combat and only use my scepter for the +20% elemental damage, which consequently is the same reason I haven't picked up weapon elemental damage nodes. I don't use any weapon skills to actually do damage. Leap slam and shield charge are just there to get me out of jams.
Anyone else have any input?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info