How did I lose 260 armor?

I switched my helmet from that armor/evasion hybrid to the new helmet. I have the iron reflexes talent. 169+163 = 332 armor with IR and the new helmet is of course 415 armor converted by IR. I do not have any armor passive nodes. Why do I lose 260 armor from equipping the pure evasion hat when I have IR spec'd? What am I missing here?

EDIT: I drop from about 1515 to 1260 armor. I have no auras active.
Last edited by Demonzu on Feb 4, 2013, 12:01:08 AM
The evasion on the Hunter Cap is higher, but your % bonuses to evasion might be lower than for armour and armour/evasion. We'd have to see your total bonuses to armour, evasion and armour & evasion to make a better judgement.
"
The evasion on the Hunter Cap is higher, but your % bonuses to evasion might be lower than for armour and armour/evasion. We'd have to see your total bonuses to armour, evasion and armour & evasion to make a better judgement.

Ahhh that makes perfect sense. Thanks. You can close this :D
Last edited by Demonzu on Feb 4, 2013, 12:22:39 AM
"

That shouldn't matter. With Iron Reflexes, Increased Armor also applies to Evasion gear. There's no situation where an Evasion piece with the same base defense value grants less Armor Rating than an Armor piece.

It sounds more likely that the Dex you lose from the Helm causes you to unequip a different item; most likely your gloves or boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info