Why shouldn´t chaos-dmg get a secondary effect ?

"
Lachdanan wrote:
Well you know Fire ignites , Lightning shocks , physical stuns and cold freezes.
Everything stuns, not just physical. Physical has no specific effect on crit, only the elemental types do.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
The reason why i would say that chaosdmg is relative worthless to my elemental-wanderer[he uses low elemental dmg of all sorts, this somehow plays like a painmaster on crit] is that:
-monsters dont have a big energyshield
-the amount of chaosdmg on the gems is to low (other mods like increase elemental dmg for weapons doesnt do much to them)
-but most important, i have a highcritrating but chaos makes no use of it.
Chaos damage is not elemental damage, so it being worthless to an elemental damage based character is not a problem as far as I can see. Not everything is useful to everyone. Elemental damage works extra well with critical strikes, that doesn't mean everything should. That would just make critical strikes part of all builds rather than some.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
2 possible solutions that would work for me:
-chaos crits reduce the lightradius of the attacked opponent on crit.
As long as no other Blind-Skillgem gets implemented this could be my source of tricking my opponents into thinking of needing to use a potion. And for pve it will serve me as an distraction-ability.

-chaos only penetrates shields when it crits.
This way we could get bigger numbers for the gems.
For pvp it would be more of a surprise if suddenly the lifepool get a bigger hit instead of a low constant drain. And for pve, monster sometimes would die faster if they have a high-shield.

Do you guys use chaos-dmg?
Yes, but not with elemental and crit builds, because chaos damage doesn't work with those. Why should it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info