Multiple Projectiles

In global chat I had asked when using the multiple projectiles support, can multiple projectiles hit the same target? someone had replied yes if you close the fan gap, I test this out by using my bow duelist via tanking Hillock holding down double strike with my cursor at the outer regions of the screen with a stop watch going... no improvement whatsoever. I respond in global saying one arrow constantly misses, global responds that my accuracy it to blame.

my accuracy is 87% chance to hit, is there some game mechanics I'm not aware of or is global chat full of it?

edit; this was tested in Ruthless difficulty using a lv 2 multiple projectiles support gem
Unavailable

my double strike damage is 70-104, 64-96 with multiple projectiles equipped.
Last edited by flashpoint on Oct 4, 2011, 1:47:57 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
One target per arrow. This has been mentioned in the feedback thread for that skill.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Ah I didn't see any support gems being discussed in the skill feedback, one comment that was made in the double strike thread was this
"
Multiprojectile dont increase your dmg ,just aoe.
You cant hit same target with same skill twice ,so even if you shoot 1000 arrows your dmg is still same ,you just have bigass aoe.

so even if you had a multiple projectile equipped witch using freezing pulse (it's a wide projectile) both projectiles wont hit the same target. Alright then.
"
flashpoint wrote:
Ah I didn't see any support gems being discussed in the skill feedback, one comment that was made in the double strike thread was this
"
Multiprojectile dont increase your dmg ,just aoe.
You cant hit same target with same skill twice ,so even if you shoot 1000 arrows your dmg is still same ,you just have bigass aoe.

so even if you had a multiple projectile equipped witch using freezing pulse (it's a wide projectile) both projectiles wont hit the same target. Alright then.

As someone who's running a freezing pulse with..who also has shock keyed off of it.

With spells, at least, freezing pulse and shock both hit all targets (i even took shock off pierce for a single target test). All 3 sparks that I cast all hit one enemy. My freezing pulse also does more damage when I properly stack the pulses atop each other.

I think in this case double Shot specifically stops other arrows from hitting..I don't know havn't used it.
I tend to be a very opinionated and brief poster. Due to this I often come across more hostile than I really am, sorry bout that. Also my train of thought is odd, something I just forget to post needed information, or assume its already known.
I certainly support the "shotgun" effect on this gem. I think it's a cool, underused mechanic in ARPGs.
Multiple arrows can't hit the same target.
Multiple spell projectiles can.
this should be changed, if casters can hit the same target, ranged characters should be able too as well, from my point of view thats a massive disadvantage to rangers and a seriously overpowered buff for casters yet again..
"
Lioncash wrote:
this should be changed, if casters can hit the same target, ranged characters should be able too as well, from my point of view thats a massive disadvantage to rangers and a seriously overpowered buff for casters yet again..

That's not technically true. Ranged attacks (like bow or wand attacks) are processed in the same way as melee attacks. This means that when you shoot an arrow whether or not you hit is solely dependent on the accuracy/evasion calculation (like every other standard attack) and not whether the attack was physically dodged (like a fireball). If arrows were treated just like a spell projectile they'd be fairly easy to dodge and you'd be here on the forum complaining about how ranged isn't as good as melee. Imagine having to lead moving enemies every time you wanted to shoot your bow.
Forum Sheriff
Regarding the Support Gem Multiple projectiles (MP)
- is it possible to stack support gems?
- ie FireStorm - MP - MP - MP - MP - MP for a 6 socket linked item. (as firestorm defined as 1 projectile)
- if it is possible how does it stack
- 1 projectile becomes 4, 5 times 20 projectiles
- or 1 * 4*4*4*4*4 = 1024 projectiles
"
Regarding the Support Gem Multiple projectiles (MP)
- is it possible to stack support gems?
- ie FireStorm - MP - MP - MP - MP - MP for a 6 socket linked item. (as firestorm defined as 1 projectile)
- if it is possible how does it stack
- 1 projectile becomes 4, 5 times 20 projectiles
- or 1 * 4*4*4*4*4 = 1024 projectiles
No. If multiple supports of the same type are linked to the same active skill, only the highest level version take effect. In the case of a tie, the one with more quality.

Also, firestorm isn't a projectile, and isn't affected by even a single multiple projectile gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info