Will we be getting Piety's lightning ball?

That thing is really cool. It desyncs like crazy, but it does a lot of damage. I don't think it's actually a spell yet though. But I want it!
IRON MAN
I hope not. In diablo3 almost every single monster and even some bosses cast spells that are identical to all the player spells except maybe a slight graphics tweak. Many time no tweak. It gets to the point where it feels very recycled. I hope players have quite a few spells that we never see monsters cast. And monsters have quite a few spells that players never cast.

Although I get what you mean by cool.
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Feb 3, 2013, 10:40:45 PM
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:
I hope not. In diablo3 almost every single monster and even some bosses cast spells that are identical to all the player spells except maybe a slight graphics tweak. Many time no tweak. It gets to the point where it feels very recycled. I hope players have quite a few spells that we never see monsters cast. And monsters have quite a few spells that players never cast.

agreed. But i do want brutis' blood slam lol.
Smoother than Smooth.
"
Moist wrote:

agreed. But i do want brutis' blood slam lol.

I would really like certain skills to only be available from rare- or unique-map versions of bosses - so you get for example a unique Prison map with a supercharged version of Brutus at the end, and when you kill him you have a chance to get his blood slam or his meat hook - and that would be the only way for these skills to drop.
IRON MAN
As soon as Brutus' blood ground slam animation goes on sale, I'm buying ten.
"
Dreggon wrote:
That thing is really cool. It desyncs like crazy, but it does a lot of damage. I don't think it's actually a spell yet though. But I want it!

+1
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:

Personally I like the opposite more.

Monster ans Player should play by the same rules. If I have a Multiple Projectile Mob and the same Mob without Multiple Projectile the projectiles from the first mob should be weaker. Given the complexity of PoE it makes sense to use a similar rule-set for both monsters and players. If there are 100 Skills for Players and 100 for Monster, why not make it 200 for Players and 200 for Monsters?

It's about the originality of the skill, not who uses it. And even if some skills are recycled like Pietys Thunderstorm I would like to have it, since it adds to the choices a player has.
"
Emphasy wrote:
Personally I like the opposite more.

Monster ans Player should play by the same rules. If I have a Multiple Projectile Mob and the same Mob without Multiple Projectile the projectiles from the first mob should be weaker. Given the complexity of PoE it makes sense to use a similar rule-set for both monsters and players. If there are 100 Skills for Players and 100 for Monster, why not make it 200 for Players and 200 for Monsters?

It's about the originality of the skill, not who uses it. And even if some skills are recycled like Pietys Thunderstorm I would like to have it, since it adds to the choices a player has.

If you've ever played Dark Souls, every weapon, spell or piece of armor you see an enemy or NPC wearing is acquirable. And it's great. You see an enemy using something that you've seen before, you know what it is and what it does, and you know how to counter it.

I have no idea how to counter Piety's lightning ball. It breaks on walls... sometimes. She also has a lightning storm ability. I want that too! But I don't know what it does!
IRON MAN
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:
I hope not. In diablo3 almost every single monster and even some bosses cast spells that are identical to all the player spells except maybe a slight graphics tweak.

And PoE does not?
There are only very few skills that are unique to bosses.

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:
I hope not. In diablo3 almost every single monster and even some bosses cast spells that are identical to all the player spells except maybe a slight graphics tweak.

And PoE does not?
There are only very few skills that are unique to bosses.

Well.. For me personally PoE doesnt feel heavily recycled. For d3 it feels like instead of making more spells they just defaulted to editing player skills a bit. If the spell base is big enough then I guess it isnt a problem. But with D3 it feels like they got lazy and relied on recycling too much.

I like the idea of farming bosses for special skills though. With a rare chance of dropping like you are TAKING the skill from them.

As long as it doesnt feel like they are recycling to cut costs everything is good.
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Feb 4, 2013, 6:55:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info