De-sync'ing Needs to be Fixed ASAP

It's making melee unplayable. You can't face tank mobs in this game and getting surrounded means using an evasion skill to get the hell out. But when that happens, you instantly desync, get 0% evasion, and teleported back into the pack.

If you can't fix it, if you can't figure out what is causing this, then players need 100% evasion when they de-sync. Not 0%. At the very least, if players are de-synced, then their XP should be as well.

Getting really old dying because coding a simple teleport ability is impossible.

I do like the assumption that the game knows it is desyncing. This is an old and difficult to tackle issue.

Jokingly, I suggested they add a desync meter so you know how fucked you are :P
"
funshynebare wrote:

Getting really old dying because coding a simple teleport ability is impossible.

Lightning warp?

i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
Hey guys. This thread is one of many discussing the issue of desync, and I cannot stress this enough: we are on it. Now, keep in mind that sync is a constant issue in any type of ping-related game, so we're never going to solve the issue entirely. You're still always going to ultimately be at the mercy of your own internet connection, and whatever latency exists between your ISP and the game servers.

With that said, we are making continuous updates to our servers to address the issue, and we will not cease working on this until the problem is minimal. A steady connection and a synched-up game are integral components on an enjoyable ARPG experience. I cannot tell you how many times I've attempted to play games in the past with sync problems, I completely understand how obnoxious it is. All of the devs play Path of Exile and enjoy it immensely, we have as much a vested interest in the quality of the gameplay as our players.

The good news is that a fair number of the sync issues that occur in POE are related not to server coding, but to the way that some of the skills behave. There are known issues with a number of skills that contribute directly to desync, and fixing those skills is a top priority. Additionally, we will be careful that future skills don't carry their own sync-related woes.

In the meantime, we thank you all for your patience in playing the game with this issue. For the most part, POE offers a nearly lag-free, desync-free experience. It's not perfect, but it's more than enough for a good time.

They are aware of the issue and working on it.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Feb 3, 2013, 11:00:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info