What's the REAL difference between hardcore and default?

Are there any differences at all in droprates, experience or monster difficulty?

Would love an answer.

Thanks
-Generic forum signature here-
The effort taken to avoid dying.
Bragging rights.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
elitist density
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
E-Peen and E-Gina.
The main difference is the population, honestly.

Default has a bunch of 12 yr old trolls. I have yet to see a single troll in HC
"

Hahaha that funny, i only play hardcore so i never figured people spam on this game. Everyone on Hardcore is usally VERY helpful, and kind to answer any questions over chat.

So i guess the real difference is what type of players you enjoy playing with.

-Icy
#alphalife
"
Stentuff wrote:
Are there any differences at all in droprates, experience or monster difficulty?

Would love an answer.

Thanks
No, and having such differences would defeat the purpose of hardcore.
Hardcore is there so you can say "I got this far without ever dying", not "I got this far without ever dying because I got a bunch of extra stuff"
"
IcyStylez wrote:
"

Hahaha that funny, i only play hardcore so i never figured people spam on this game. Everyone on Hardcore is usally VERY helpful, and kind to answer any questions over chat.

So i guess the real difference is what type of players you enjoy playing with.

-Icy

People in Default are very helpful as well. Higher population does mean higher chance of some horrible D3 flamewar breaking out however.

I actually assume Dothackking is making a pretty clever joke by saying that there are no trolls in HC in a very trollish post :D
Building balanced character that can survive as well as kill as quickly as possible and flirting with that thin line. Default you just go 100% into killing things faster, because who cares if you die due to not balancing survivability.

It's all about the rush of the <5% survival, the "HOLY @#$% I almost died!" moments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info