[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
Chocunder wrote:
I really like this build! (I've not set it up yet, but after I write this I will~!)

Also, two questions, is belly of the beast necessary or can I sacrifice the hp for another 6L? As I really don't feel like linking a BoTB =(

How about Atziri? I don't mean can the build do it, I mean how fast does she melt? ;D

Looks like a pretty neat build, and now I have a reason to pull out my legacy Facebreakers again!

To me the build feels really safe with 5k hp and up but if you think you can manage with less then there's nothing stopping you from using any other chest, before 1.3 I used a Carcass Jack. I don't have max hp on my boots and rings for example so you should be able to get close to 5k without a Belly.

Atziri to me isn't worth the currency or trouble grinding pieces anymore but before 1.2 she just melted so I can imagine melting her even faster with this build. The only thing different is I think I need to be a little carefull with her storm call and flame blast because I don't have full spell block anymore with a Saffel's.

@Bada_Bing >>> That's excellent advice!! I barely had enough intel to use a level 20 ele prolif gem but I crafted some int on my amulet so I don't need to sacrifice a node for Ancestral Knowledge.

I'm up to 110.3k dps at the moment and I think this is just about the final build.

I recorded a little Gorge test run before the strength respec and I finished it in 2:31 which is a huge improvement over the last run I posted in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2modSuFE9o
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Jan 1, 2015, 6:10:46 PM
This look awsome i think i will try it for my first melee build :) Is the helm mandatory ?
Also i only got the newer facebreaker, is it still viable ?
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jan 2, 2015, 4:30:00 PM
Nothing is really mandatory but the key to making good use of the Facebreaker is stacking flat physical damage and an Abyssus gives insane flat phys. When I first started this build I was still using a Bringer of Rain and 950% Facebreaker and with about 10k dps I could easily do 69 maps. Might not be that impressive but it's so easy to add damage when you get some currency or level up.

The new Facebreaker still is very viable, you will probably do about 30% less damage but with the damage potential of this build you can still get great clearspeed. Equip that Meginord's, put some flat physical on your rings and amulet, maybe even on your gloves and you should be set to go. I have no leech on my gear or in my tree so I use Blood Rage for the leech but I don't recommend using Blood Rage until you have about 200 to 250 life regen so you might want to take some life leech from the tree or on your gear if you don't have enough regen yet.

The tree is very versatile that way. Take what you need to survive, respec when you feel like a trade off will be worth it.

My goal with the 1.3 patch was to get my dps as high as I could get while still being able to have high enough survivablity to play endgame content and not dying.

With a non-legacy Facebreaker, a non-legacy BoR, some cheap rings and amulet and gear that will cap your resists and give you a bit of life you should be able to be map ready for under 2 exalts, even less if you have some gear available already.

I'm still planning on making a levelling guide but it's proven to be quite a hassle to theory craft backwards and make nice level 60 / 70 / 80 / 90+ trees.

I do have some 60+ characters with full respec so I might make a character with the bare minumum for required gear and with a 617% Facebreaker and non-legacy BoR I have lying around somewhere and take note of the currency I spent to get it map ready.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
That would be awsome ! :)
---
Bloodlines viable?
Hello, thanks for the nice build and updates! Do you think that Infernal Blow would be viable in place of Cyclone? I already have a Cyclone Marauder and was thinking about making an IB build.

Thanks again!
"
azuazu wrote:
Bloodlines viable?

Just as viable as any other melee build I guess. Just don't use an Abyssus and switch Haste for Determination for more armour or Grace for more Evasion depending on your build. Maybe trade in some attack speed or physical damage nodes for a little more life (you could go for Unrelenting for more life and reduced mana cost of skills).

"
anti404 wrote:
Hello, thanks for the nice build and updates! Do you think that Infernal Blow would be viable in place of Cyclone? I already have a Cyclone Marauder and was thinking about making an IB build.

Thanks again!

You can definately use an Infernal Blow/Melee Splash/Multistrike variant of the build with the same tree.

I'm working on a boss kill compilation with the scariest bosses. At the moment I have Academy, Courtyard, Crematorium, Maze, Necropolis, Residence, Shipyard, Shrine and Torture Chamber. All I need is to find a Palace map to do Domi and I'll put them all together in a clip and post it in this thread. After that I'll also completely update the first post.
Your build make me inspired
i always wanted to play a melee build with crazy dps and survivability
The last one i was looking for was the aegis tank...but really low dps.

after watching your video i was so happy and impressed on what u did.

i left the game before patch 1.1
when righteous fire low life got uber epic nerfed
i was the top tearONE freezing pulse charachter and dual totem sporker.got all records in terms of dps.

no i want to give to your build a try due to the burning power and the funny u r having playing this build.

but i have 3 questions to you that i really would like you answer me or someone with knowledge.

----------------
Think at your gear , exactly as it is.

-Why using facebreaker instead of legacy soul taker? what could be the dps difference?

-and if the dps difference is just 10k would be better using soul taker, that means you can
wear gloves with atk speed 16% and other resist

-why you are not wearing anymore carcass jack with the extra damage area bonus?

-and with the soul taker you can use one more red gem instead of blood magic
that will boost your dps to the sky i presume? so why keep using facebreaker are really so strong?
MortemGlacies dual totem spork lowlife 10k dps 18k dps max ( no dual wield or void battery or power charges on)
thread 534605 gameplay video....

looking for an atzirimirror unique shield season 1 race PM
who do i get that much int and dex like u? u got 123 int and 180 dex, but i cant see much dex/ int notes in skilltree
Last edited by eWomanizoar on Jan 13, 2015, 10:50:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info