[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

Yesterday tried Atziri twice. Was raped and ashamed. Seems to be have to level up a little bit and change some gear.

"
_kerber_ wrote:
Yesterday tried Atziri twice. Was raped and ashamed. Seems to be have to level up a little bit and change some gear.

Just wondering what is your dps? beacuse you have (almost) no flat phys dmg on you rings. Prob to get your resist max for that shield. Im wondering if it might be an option for OP to try it with that shield and rings to get his resist max.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
DeChaoOrdo why didnt you pick up the Amplify pnt close to Templar for more aoe dmg?
IGN: Judgement, Lifepot, Manapot
"
PaladinSMD wrote:

Just wondering what is your dps? beacuse you have (almost) no flat phys dmg on you rings. Prob to get your resist max for that shield. Im wondering if it might be an option for OP to try it with that shield and rings to get his resist max.

Already working on DPS and survival.

With current gear I have more than 55k+ dmg (with Bood rage)
+ From Atziri pot
+ From Frenzy charges
+ From Fire Golem
+ From Rallying Cry

Such damage more than enough for fast map clear, but still after several fail Atziri attempts with previous gear, decide to level up till 85-86. I think with current gear, I will be good to go, but dont want to waste one more set.
Last edited by _kerber_ on Jul 31, 2015, 3:04:16 AM
I'm a old player coming back for patch 2.0. I'm having difficulties understanding what nodes to aim for at like level 30, 50, 70+. Could someone help me?
Last edited by Vadde on Jul 31, 2015, 10:56:56 AM
"
Vadde wrote:
I'm a old player coming back for patch 2.0. I'm having difficulties understanding what nodes to aim for at like level 30, 50, 70+. Could someone help me?

If I may (I m playing on Tempest now):

1: Go through ressistances to life nodes left of Scion start.
2: Through life nodes to Resolute Technique
3: Through maruder tree (there is life, shield %, +15 all ressistance) go to Master of the Arena (+2 unarmed range)
4: From Master of the Arena go to Defiance -> Golem's Blood -> Retaliation

After that u should be fine till mercilles grabing the nodes dedcated for shield melee (Life, Phys dmg, shield etc.)

Ice Crash is better than Infernal Blow for leveling IMO.
That s how I ve started and got to 60+ safly on my own currency drop.
"
thinkover wrote:

If I may (I m playing on Tempest now):

1: Go through ressistances to life nodes left of Scion start.
2: Through life nodes to Resolute Technique
3: Through maruder tree (there is life, shield %, +15 all ressistance) go to Master of the Arena (+2 unarmed range)
4: From Master of the Arena go to Defiance -> Golem's Blood -> Retaliation

After that u should be fine till mercilles grabing the nodes dedcated for shield melee (Life, Phys dmg, shield etc.)

Ice Crash is better than Infernal Blow for leveling IMO.
That s how I ve started and got to 60+ safly on my own currency drop.

Thank you for the tips :) I'm using molten strike atm. Shouldn't i use cyclone while leveling? If i got a facebreaker that is.
"
Vadde wrote:

Thank you for the tips :) I'm using molten strike atm. Shouldn't i use cyclone while leveling? If i got a facebreaker that is.

No no, dont use cyclone while leveling. There is several reasons why it s not suggested.
1: Cyclone has high mana cost and you dont have enough mana if 75% is reserved (HoA+Hatred). Thinking about skipping 1 of aura is pointless, cause it decreases dmg a lot.
2: Cyclone with Blood Magic early is self-kill. High mana cost of CC, increased by BM and other supports makes it not possible to outheal early (unless you decide to deal no dmg but use LoGH+LL)
3: Power of this build lays in using Blood Rage for Life Leech (+ u may increase LL from nodes a bit) to outheal the Life cost of supported CC. Therefore you have 1 spare socket (cause you dont need to use Life Gain on Hit) to use for increaseing the dmg of CC (and it changes a lot) so even with 5L you can clear common maps easly.

Summing it up - dont use cyclone for leveling. Switch to it once you obtain at least 5L and you surpass Blood Rage life degen with you life regen.

For leveling with facebreakers use either: Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Fortify + Mana Leech (ML lets u constantly attack on 25% free mana)
or
Ice Crash + Melee Phys Dmg + Fortify + Mana Leech.

I suggest you using Ice Crash. Ive been using Infernal Blow several league while IC wasnt in game and I judge it as weaker to Ice Crash cause instead of MSplash you can use MPD while still dealing splash damage.

Once you get facebreakers buy ring + flat phys damage an amulet + flat phys damage. (ring 5-10 + amulet 7-14 will take you to mercilless). Phys damaged increased % is basciclly worthless.

Overall facebreaker build has few flaws. The greatest weakness of facebreakers are THE FACEBREAKERS. As an item it provides NOTHING but unaramed damage. It forces you to use items with flat phys damage to sagnificietly increase damage (Amulet, Rings, Unique Belt, 2 Unique Helmets, Crafted or Uqniue shield). Therefore you are having less + Flat Life from items than other builds (no weapon, no gloves, and choices between more damage or more life on rest). In conclusion that makes the build rely on LEVELs and nodes that increases Life. I feel that after level 70 FB builds gets by skill points more than other common builds.

It s a CHEAP build that allows to level up fast and safly and gather some bank. By getting later on perfect items (max phys dmg + life) it s possible to power up this build a lot, but it still requires levels. I ve been always using it on the start of the HC leagues.

On the other hand FB is real FUN and makes you THE MAN! You are having boss on you face and you are smashing its face by your bare hands!
Last edited by thinkover on Aug 1, 2015, 5:03:58 AM
"
thinkover wrote:
No no, dont use cyclone while leveling. There is several reasons why it s not suggested.
1: Cyclone has high mana cost and you dont have enough mana if 75% is reserved (HoA+Hatred). Thinking about skipping 1 of aura is pointless, cause it decreases dmg a lot.
2: Cyclone with Blood Magic early is self-kill. High mana cost of CC, increased by BM and other supports makes it not possible to outheal early (unless you decide to deal no dmg but use LoGH+LL)
3: Power of this build lays in using Blood Rage for Life Leech (+ u may increase LL from nodes a bit) to outheal the Life cost of supported CC. Therefore you have 1 spare socket to use for increaseing the dmg of CC (and it changes a lot) so even with 5L you can clear common maps easly.

Summing it up - dont use cyclone for leveling. Switch to it once you obtain at least 5L and you surpass Blood Rage life degen with you life regen.

For leveling with facebreakers use either: Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Fortify + Mana Leech (ML lets u constantly attack on 25% free mana)
or
Ice Crash + Melee Phys Dmg + Fortify + Mana Leech.

I suggest you using Ice Crash. Ive been using Infernal Blow several league while IC wasnt in game and I judge it as weaker to Ice Crash cause instead of MSplash you can use MPD while still dealing splash damage.

Once you get facebreakers buy ring + flat phys damage an amulet + flat phys damage. (ring 5-10 + amulet 7-14 will take you to mercilless). Phys damaged increased % is basciclly worthless.

Overall facebreaker build has few flaws. The greatest weakness of facebreakers are THE FACEBREAKERS. As an item it provides NOTHING but unaramed damage. It forces you to use items with flat phys damage to sagnificietly increase damage (Amulet, Rings, Unique Belt, 2 Unique Helmets, Crafted or Uqniue shield). Therefore you are having less + Flat Life from items than other builds (no weapon, no gloves, and choices between more damage or more life on rest). In conclusion that makes the build rely on LEVELs and nodes that increases Life. I feel that after level 70 FB builds gets by skill points more than other common builds.

On the other hand FB is real FUN and makes you THE MAN! You are habing boss on you face and you are smashing its face by your bare hands!

Thank you for all the info! You've helped me alot!
Not played this build for awhile now as I've been planning other builds since 2.0. I will say that I have much faster map clearing builds, for higher maps too but this build hands down is my favourite to take down Atziri for me. I use this build just to run her now as its easily able to run the whole Apex deathless and in under 10 mins for a full clear
IGN: Munkehboi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info