[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
no spell block and you almost died to piety's first form. not that impressive tbh

The Saffel in my offhand slot gives me 75% spell block. Perfect for Piety, Megara, Atziri, that kind of stuff. Like I stated in my last post, that clip is very old, pre 1.2. I'll update the first post with some Piety clips when I have some spare time with my updated stats to better reflect my survivability.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Love FB!
Amazing build!
I've added a new Piety clip to the first post to demonstrate the optimized offense and defense of the build. No double Piety this time because I had a pretty decent roll on the map. Next time I have a decent roll with double Piety I'll be adding another clip.

I'll try to make something of a guide and add tips for players that want to level and optimize a build like this in the near future.

If anyone has any questions or want to see the build in action, please don't hesitate to add me ingame, ign Sciontics.

I'll be adding some insights as to how I use the build as well as soon as possible (like when to switch out some flasks for others, when I switch to Saffels etc.).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Sep 6, 2014, 7:18:09 PM
You build could be even stronger defensive wise

honestly 80k dps is way to much i find that 30k -45k dps is a sweet spot and is enough in my opinion (well i can't stop you for aiming to higher dps it still fun)

i run the same build but with aegis(not legacy) + rainbow stride and lahzar (corrupted for dual curse)

i am immortal

"
ffogell wrote:

honestly 80k dps is way to much i find that 30k -45k dps is a sweet spot and is enough in my opinion (well i can't stop you for aiming to higher dps it still fun)

i run the same build but with aegis(not legacy) + rainbow stride and lahzar (corrupted for dual curse)

i am immortal

how much your dps? i love aegis build but my aura aegis build kinda dead in this new patch, was hoping to try this build + aegis for immortal and luckily i still have my legacy aegis in stash, would love if you could share your passive tree
"
ffogell wrote:

i am immortal

I agree 30 to 45k is more than enough to make the build very effective but coming from about 20k and working my way up to my current dps I don't feel having less dps creates a sweet spot.
Correct me if I'm wrong but with an Aegis you can get to about 65% spell block right? With my build I don't need spell block in maps, only for certain bosses and against those bosses the extra 10% spell block (for 75% total) I get from my Saffel's compared to an Aegis build really outweighs the benefits of using a hybrid block/spell block build. Another advantage of the Saffel is the +5 to all resists so even if I don't block I still have a huge damage negation, even more so when using an elemental flask to boost the defenses even more.

Also keep in mind that using an Aegis is different than using a pure block shield. You'll need at leat 1k energy shield to make the Aegis usefull and still need to stack armour as well for the energy shield regen.

Like I've stated earlier, I'll try and make some sort of guide for people that want to try this build. Using non-legacy Facebreaker and BoR for instance is a great way to start the build with low currency. Adding a Lioneye's Remorse, Meginord's Girdle and some flat physical on jewelry and you're ready to do 70+ maps for only a few exalts.
Take this to beyond and give it a go :D
hi just started playing this spec and i have a question about the progression in the tree
like i should go for scion path then duelist's and last templar/marauder or leave duelist as last? never played cyclone builds and i have no clue
also sorry for my english i m not native english speaker
Last edited by claudio997 on Sep 7, 2014, 6:56:42 PM
"
claudio997 wrote:
hi just started playing this spec and i have a question about the progression in the tree
like i should go for scion path then duelist's and last templar/marauder or leave duelist as last? never played cyclone builds and i have no clue
also sorry for my english i m not native english speaker

I think we already spoke ingame but to me Templar/Marauder area would be first priority because you wanna go Resolute Technique as soon as possible (can't crit anyway with Facebreaker so you might as well have 100% accuracy :o) ).

I've made some minor changes to my gear and got a 21/20 Cyclone so I managed to get my dps up to 75.9k and I have about 70 more life and 200 more armour. Not that big of a change so I'll not be updating the first post for now but I'm far from done :o)
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Sep 9, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
"
My goal was to restore the glory of Facebreaker once more :o)

Shouldn't you use non-legacy items to do that? How does that count if you used what made it glorious in the past?

What are the numbers with 800% Facebreaker and 80% Saffell's Frame ? It would be more realistic.

I like the build, don't get offended but these builds with non-obtainable items in new leagues belong to the item-showcase forum rather than class forums.

Unless you put a
Spoiler
with it's effectiveness using the items obtainable now.

Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info