[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

same here. it happens because they burn. but only few mobs like humans, jumpers etc
"
WtheF wrote:
After i was finished reading this guide and watched your vids i was amazed and had to make a facebreaker cyclone. Usually i go tornado shot ele/phys but now i have found my love for melee again haha. I was doing alot of thinking about this build though and wondered if the legacy bringer of rain might be a better match for this build than belly of the beast 6 link and abyssus. tell me what you think.

sincerly, xephrioth

A BoR is definately viable if you're on a tight budget but it's by no means a replacement for a 5 or 6 linked chest. First of all, you'll miss an amount of flat physical compared to an Abyssus. Second, don't underestimate the added damage 20/20 Increased Physical Damage and Faster Attacks gems do compared to the level 18 ones in a BoR.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
I have a few questions but first I want to say I absolutely love this build. I've lvled faster and enjoyed the story grinding more than any other character so far! Its been such a great experience and its easy to see why you are so high lvl with your character. Anyways, heres what I would like to ask and please forgive me if these questions have been asked but I tried to go over all the previous posts:

1. Im use to the standard 4 link CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, and Increased Duration but I dont fully understand having CWDT/Enduring Cry on your helm and CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased duration maxed on your shield.
2. Have you tested Lightning Coil in this build? Im not sure if you'd have enough mana for Hatred, HoA, and Purity of Lightning but was curious if you have tried to make it work?
3. I saw a mention of Reckoning (which Im using now with my current gem setup) and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun but Im not sure where you placed it. I see it in your current Courtyard video but I can't see where your cursor is.
4. What gems should you quality first?

Again thanks for this build. Just loving it! Oh and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Duxryu on Apr 30, 2015, 4:42:11 AM
Damn. This build is a throwback.

I need to find some better facebreaker and a 5L.

Which gems should I prioritize for 5L?
"
Duxryu wrote:
I have a few questions but first I want to say I absolutely love this build. I've lvled faster and enjoyed the story grinding more than any other character so far! Its been such a great experience and its easy to see why you are so high lvl with your character. Anyways, heres what I would like to ask and please forgive me if these questions have been asked but I tried to go over all the previous posts:

1. Im use to the standard 4 link CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, and Increased Duration but I dont fully understand having CWDT/Enduring Cry on your helm and CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased duration maxed on your shield.
2. Have you tested Lightning Coil in this build? Im not sure if you'd have enough mana for Hatred, HoA, and Purity of Lightning but was curious if you have tried to make it work?
3. I saw a mention of Reckoning (which Im using now with my current gem setup) and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun but Im not sure where you placed it. I see it in your current Courtyard video but I can't see where your cursor is.

Again thanks for this build. Just loving it! Oh and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Awesome you like the build!!

By keeping CwdT + Enduring Cry at a lower level I had more Endurance Charges overall because EC procced more before Immortal Call used up the charges. To answer your third question, I tried using Reckoning + ECoMS because there's a chance EC won't work with CwdT anymore. I exchanged the CwdT + EC in my helmet with Reck + ECoMS.
I have though about a Lightning Coil but my defenses are pretty optimal for the build and I don't want to give up the life and resists on my chest.
First gems to quality to me are Cyclone, Faster Attacks and Melee Physical Damage. Then Added Fire, Herald of Ash and Conc Effect.

@TeaAddict >> With a 5 link I'd use Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage and Concentrated Effect.

I've been playing the Beta for a couple of days now and although I haven't made a new Facebreaker yet I think with all the new gems and jewels this build might become even stronger than before. It will take a while to figure out which gems I will replace (probably no more CwdT) and how I'm gonna use the new skilltree and jewels but I have high hopes.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on May 1, 2015, 6:13:49 PM
"
Duxryu wrote:

1. cant answer that one DeChaoOrdo can though.
2. hey did test it but it worked less for him. The more life (belly) / more area dmg (carcass) worked better for him. Doesn't mean the build wont work with l. coil. If you really want you can make it work. It just didn't for him.
3. I don't think he uses reckoning yet.
4. I would say increased phys dmg first. others I'm not sure.

All the questions can be better answered by DeChaoOrdo but still hope this helps you out a little.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
@DeChaoOrdo & PaladinSMD

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. Im gonna check out the gem setups you mentioned and see how that works since it looks like the CWDT setup is going to have to be manual after A4. Ive even thought about testing Daresso's Defiance to see how that works with a steady flow of endurance charges and the onslaught buff which might work better after A4. Im just amazed at how powerful this build is and its so fun to test various changes to see if makes it even better. DeChao thanks for maintaining the posts about this build for almost a year now. More people need to experience Facebreakers!

P.S. I started mapping at 66 with 40k dps. Thats only with a 795% non-legacy Facebreaker, a 5L Belly/Carcass, and not a single 20/20+ gem. I can't wait to see this build grow!

"
Duxryu wrote:
@DeChaoOrdo & PaladinSMD

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. Im gonna check out the gem setups you mentioned and see how that works since it looks like the CWDT setup is going to have to be manual after A4. Ive even thought about testing Daresso's Defiance to see how that works with a steady flow of endurance charges and the onslaught buff which might work better after A4. Im just amazed at how powerful this build is and its so fun to test various changes to see if makes it even better. DeChao thanks for maintaining the posts about this build for almost a year now. More people need to experience Facebreakers!

P.S. I started mapping at 66 with 40k dps. Thats only with a 795% non-legacy Facebreaker, a 5L Belly/Carcass, and not a single 20/20+ gem. I can't wait to see this build grow!

I'm currently playing the beta and am playing a facebreaker build :) I use cwdt + warlord's mark. That way i still get enduring charges but I dont think I realy need them I'm using the curse more for the leech that it gives because with the new gem Forify you take less dmg when attacking. It works amazing I'm not very high lvl yet (62) and did not play an map yet but it seems you don't really need enduring cry + IC anymore. Also all the skill tree gems give an huge buff in dmg and survivability! I think that with 2.0 PoE Facebreakers might work better then ever!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:
"
Duxryu wrote:

Awesome you like the build!!

By keeping CwdT + Enduring Cry at a lower level I had more Endurance Charges overall because EC procced more before Immortal Call used up the charges. To answer your third question, I tried using Reckoning + ECoMS because there's a chance EC won't work with CwdT anymore. I exchanged the CwdT + EC in my helmet with Reck + ECoMS.
I have though about a Lightning Coil but my defenses are pretty optimal for the build and I don't want to give up the life and resists on my chest.
First gems to quality to me are Cyclone, Faster Attacks and Melee Physical Damage. Then Added Fire, Herald of Ash and Conc Effect.

@TeaAddict >> With a 5 link I'd use Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage and Concentrated Effect.

I've been playing the Beta for a couple of days now and although I haven't made a new Facebreaker yet I think with all the new gems and jewels this build might become even stronger than before. It will take a while to figure out which gems I will replace (probably no more CwdT) and how I'm gonna use the new skilltree and jewels but I have high hopes.

I tried following your build atm.
My items are non-legacy items.
Facebreaker strapped Mitts, Belly , baroque round shield.
im at 78 now, am doing 5.5k dps.. what should i do to increase the dps massively?
"
mvplover wrote:

I tried following your build atm.
My items are non-legacy items.
Facebreaker strapped Mitts, Belly , baroque round shield.
im at 78 now, am doing 5.5k dps.. what should i do to increase the dps massively?

if you link your gear it would be much easier to say what you need to change
but i assume you are not using abyssus , and your rings and amulet don't have any phys rolls on them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info