Forsaken Masters Supporter Packs!

Guys, I have completely skipped the last expansion but I am SO hyped about Forsaken Masters. I am thinking about buying Grandmaster right away, but could you answer a few questions please?

Will all the Vaal content be present?
Will Strongboxes spawn or was that a league specific thing? I read about them and they seemed like the most awesome league content so far. They should permanently add them to the game.
"
BoMbaStiXxX wrote:
Guys, I have completely skipped the last expansion but I am SO hyped about Forsaken Masters. I am thinking about buying Grandmaster right away, but could you answer a few questions please?

Will Strongboxes spawn or was that a league specific thing? I read about them and they seemed like the most awesome league content so far. They should permanently add them to the game.

Instead of buying right away, why not wait and play a while to see if it's up to your expectations?
"
BoMbaStiXxX wrote:

the SotV content will stay. i think the corrupted area spawnrate will be descreased, at least that's what i remember reading a few days ago.
and strongboxes will be added with decreased spawnrate aswell.
Last edited by osna23 on Aug 9, 2014, 8:14:29 PM
these packs look so epic. Ive never really looked at the packs and wanted them before, I got the regal one for the soundtrack but Ive just been doing the $20 points thing at regular intervals for the rest of it. This time though, man, those armours, the whole deal, hats off to you guys these packs are a must have. Might take me a little while to budget the big one I want but Im coming for that badboy, no question.

Big props to the art department, seriously on point.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
these packs look so epic. Ive never really looked at the packs and wanted them before, I got the regal one for the soundtrack but Ive just been doing the $20 points thing at regular intervals for the rest of it. This time though, man, those armours, the whole deal, hats off to you guys these packs are a must have. Might take me a little while to budget the big one I want but Im coming for that badboy, no question.

I 100% agree. I buy the packs because I like the titles, but this set probably has probably been the best total package to date (except perhaps the CB ones, they were structured very much like these).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
hall of grandmasters IS A BLOODY BRILLIANT IDEA.

I semi fear that some of the hardass players among us will devise
heinous characters just for the purpose of screwing over anyone
fighting in the map....

GENIUS

brilliant way to motivate supporter packs and motivating people
to think up new builds, for a new purpose... hahahaha

people will be bitching in forums about that XXX_DieMuhFakka_XXX
exile that does "THE WORST THING EVER"

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Agreed. They are really nice.
The apprentice armor looks really good on a witch build and the journeyman for a marauder... :)
"
Archwizard wrote:
I 100% agree. I buy the packs because I like the titles, but this set probably has probably been the best total package to date (except perhaps the CB ones, they were structured very much like these).

The CB packs were one of a kind. It was actually the only one that I got really far into supporting PoE. The Gold Kiwi, PoE T-Shirt, Your Name in the ending credits, and Map of Wraeclast poster was too enticing to let go.

To be honest, I still find OB packs better then the new packs or even the release packs because at Divine Supporter pack, you receive a chaos keychain, a couple of PoE relates stickers, divine rhoa pet, and a choice of a T-Shirt (Went with Tabula Rasa). That is a lot of good stuffs for 110 USD I think.

Then comes Forsaken Masters packs, or what I like to call it, expansion packs (#1, maybe there will be even more in the future). The Apprentice supporter pack is already even better than the Survivor supporter pack by a long shot. Survivor only gave you like a alt portal effect, and a back attachment. This one gives me an armor set, back attachment, and a hideout banner.

CB supporter packs >>>>>> OB supporter packs >> FM supporter packs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Release supporter packs

I know this is just based on opinions, but the Release supporter packs never really impressed me. I felt they were really lackluster. The only reason I went Warrior was because of the forum tag, the decent alt portal effect, more points, and loyalty. I will probably upgrade to Journeyman around December because I lack money atm, and how much Forsaken Masters can impress me with what is remaining of my vacation, and when I am in university. I hope these packs can last past the Christmas holidays.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 10, 2014, 1:31:25 AM
Interesting thoughts John, perhaps a difference in our views on OB vs. FM packs is the physical merchandise.

I really don't care about it. I mean, sure it'd be nice and I'll enjoy the art when I upgrade to the Master pack eventually, but I'm much more interested in the points and mtxs. The OB weapon effects were great, I love my regal mtx. The rhoas are nice, but really aside from qualifying me to join BLOW, they haven't done much for me.

I love the armors, and given how much the existing sets cost, that's a huge thing to me.

So, swap FM and OB, and I agree with you 100%, though I did upgrade to Warrior for the better looking title and the badass portal effect, it's the best of the group.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
Interesting thoughts John, perhaps a difference in our views on OB vs. FM packs is the physical merchandise.

I really don't care about it. I mean, sure it'd be nice and I'll enjoy the art when I upgrade to the Master pack eventually, but I'm much more interested in the points and mtxs. The OB weapon effects were great, I love my regal mtx. The rhoas are nice, but really aside from qualifying me to join BLOW, they haven't done much for me.

I love the armors, and given how much the existing sets cost, that's a huge thing to me.

So, swap FM and OB, and I agree with you 100%, though I did upgrade to Warrior for the better looking title and the badass portal effect, it's the best of the group.

Silly me, I forgot about the weapon effects. lol

I am surprised the existing armor sets cost so much. I prefer them to be cheaper like around 200-300 points, but that is just me being that cheap of a person.

As for why I still have OB packs above FM packs, is that OB packs brought so much to the table. The Ruler of Wraeclast supporter pack was just out of this world, and the Eternal pack was nothing to scoff about. It was still an amazing pack. It is not just what I got from the OB packs, it is what GGG presented from the overall picture.

I can understand the unique armor sets that these new packs bring are incredible, and trumps most of the past's support packs goodies. To be honest......I think the Apprentice support pack is the best 50 USD supporter pack.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 10, 2014, 2:05:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info