Paid league

So I heard that you guys are going to have paid leagues. What is the meaning of this? Is this with real or in-game money? And what are the advantages of these leagues?
Not sure what MMO you play but it'd be like buying your own server on WoW that you and your friends can play on. You can make it private or open it to the public.

What that means is you can set your own rules on your own server/league. Only 1 person has to pay to rent/buy (not sure yet) the server and anyone else can play on it for free. I'm not sure yet as to what rules you can change on your own private server yet (as it it wont affect anyone out side of your league/server)

So don't worry, no one gets an advantage out of getting their own server besides in their own league (as it it's not buying power). Ohh and get paid servers with real money.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Oct 5, 2011, 5:37:46 AM
Oh, thanks!
I'm going to buy one soon as the game gets out someday soon.. atlest it will be nice when open beta is out!
World of Warcraft player of 6 years.... over it
Would be interesting if you can apply special rules to your own league.
And if you can change rules/settings than it would be important what the parent league will be (if there is one).
What happens to characters when a custom league ends? Are they transfered to the default league?

"

Whenever any league ends, its characters are all converted back to its parent league. This way, no one loses the character they were leveling

from http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues/

Imagine, you create your own league with +1000% exp and drop rate, farm some days and then close the league, transfering your chars to the default league.
I don't think they would allow that haha.. good try tho.
World of Warcraft player of 6 years.... over it
please dont ruin the game with a paid version vs a non-paid.

I know you want to make money, but the FASTEST way to lose your player base is to turn the game into a F2P vs P2P model.
"
Averagejoe18 wrote:

I know you want to make money, but the FASTEST way to lose your player base is to turn the game into a F2P vs P2P model.
Paid leagues isn't the same as pay to play

It's more like creating your own private server it's free for anyone who wants to play on it(or allowed to play on it) but you have to pay to rent the server
"
BurnThrew wrote:
"
Averagejoe18 wrote:

Paid leagues isn't the same as pay to play

It's more like creating your own private server it's free for anyone who wants to play on it(or allowed to play on it) but you have to pay to rent the server

Private servers are also not alowed to assimilate into the regular servers. So there is no need to worry about Pay 2 Win in that regard.
"
Averagejoe18 wrote:

Did you even READ the 1st reply to the OP?

Better yet, did you even UNDERSTAND what it said?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info