So Broken and so Sad

I like POE a lot, it's an awesome play on the 3 character classes I've brought into Act 3 so far since OB began. Since I've hit Act 3 though things have changed dramatically.

Freeze ups began on transitions between areas almost immediately, and DC's became ever more frequent. It's come to the point where I get DC'd standing in town reading chat (waiting for my DC to come within a minute of logging in during a bad stretch). DC's and trans freezes are now game wide.

My machine? Anthalon dual core, 4 gigs ram, ATI 6800 card. I don't have a problem in any other game, these problems are new since OB came online, and they're getting worse.

Of course my ISP says it's a SS problem, I bet I know what you're going to say....

I've even uninstalled my game and did a fresh reinstall to make sure I didn't have corrupted files.

I'd rather eat worms than go back to playing D3 or TL2, but you guys aren't giving me much of a choice here. ;-/
My PC freezes from time to time on Act 3 as well, and I've read about other people having the same issue.
Unfortunately, I must agree with this.

I played CB for a month and was more excited for this game, than I think anything else since Diablo 2. I could barely contain myself, I was telling everyone I knew... I didn't expect them to release such a broken act for OB :( ... My desync death's on my Witch alone made me not want to play... I'm hoping to just give them a couple months to fix their act and then hopefully it will feel like it did in CB ! I miss CB... bah

The only places i get crash is in the sewers. Othwrwise everythings fine.
I have over 100 hours already logged and have not crashed once...

I'm sooo jealous of you guys who aren't having problems and I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU'RE DOING IT? I'm playing the hell out of everything else on the web and the only thing I really want to play I can't.

You've got to be doing/setting something different than I am, but I can't figure out what.
Act3 arguably has mem leaks more than other acts, how much you see that depends on if you have 4gb or 16 I guess.. I can see what it does with mem usage and it does crash more often than other zones. Which is to be expected seeing that its 1. new 2. not being tested by CB folk at all since they want it under NDA till launch date.

That said... I am not sure DCs are more frequent there to me at all. Crashes, yes, but not DCs, the game just goes nuts at times and kicks you out 10 times in an hr regardless which act you're in in my experience. There has to be something else if you're getting DCed more than in other zones, no idea what.
Since your spec sounds fine it´s the usual procedure

reinstall os
get newest drivers
install game

Repost if problem exist furthermore and is repeatable
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Since your spec sounds fine it´s the usual procedure

reinstall os
get newest drivers
install game

Repost if problem exist furthermore and is repeatable

This probably won't help. GG has said the DC's are related to scaling issues during peak load times. Specifically of issues related to internet traffic from the EU to NA gateways and game servers.

Please be patient while they fix what they can on their end and increase their server and network capacity. Try playing during off peak hours (avoid late afternoon in NA and evening in EU) or wait for a couple weeks for them to sort this out.

These server stability issues are only temporary.

By the way, I have only 3GB of RAM and run 32-bit Win XP. I do DC but it's still very playable.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Last edited by FriarJon on Feb 3, 2013, 6:02:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info