[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

hey guys, i'm new and trying to find a beginner build. Is this build still viable and a successful beginner build?

thx ^_^
Currently L74, and I've gone a slightly different route gear-wise... All items are self-found.

I'm totally overkill on mana regen I think, and the Infernal Mantle does mean I have less defence, but this is compensated for (at least to some degree) by the fire damage leech on the wand.

Tooltip DPS: 3051 w. gems at L17.

I've taken the damage nodes to the right on the tree, but not the ones on top yet...

Any comments?
Last edited by Cyzax on Mar 30, 2015, 6:05:27 PM
Hello,

how are You dealing with chaos damage in this build? Whenever i met a choas damage mob it killed me or nearly killed me :/
"
Ellestor wrote:
Hello,

how are You dealing with chaos damage in this build? Whenever i met a choas damage mob it killed me or nearly killed me :/

I place the 'Summon Skeleton' Spell Totem so it creates skeletons between them and me while I kill them, with CWDT taking any stray hits.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Ellestor wrote:
Hello,

I place the 'Summon Skeleton' Spell Totem so it creates skeletons between them and me while I kill them, with CWDT taking any stray hits.

Thank You :) i'll make a good use of this advice. And one more, probabyly newbie, question: why not maxing the enduring cry and immortal call gems i dont understand this tactic?

Regards
"
Ellestor wrote:

Thank You :) i'll make a good use of this advice. And one more, probabyly newbie, question: why not maxing the enduring cry and immortal call gems i dont understand this tactic?

Regards

The CWDT gem has increasing requirements to damage taken before triggering as it goes up in level. That means EC and IC will also trigger less often. At gem level 1, it will trigger when you take 440 damage, at gem level 9 it'll trigger at 1090 damage taken, and if you levelled it to 20, it would only trigger after 3240 damage.
So generally, people pick a level for CWDT triggering that is 'safe' and triggers fairly often, and then level EC/IC up as high as that level of CWDT supports.

CWDT explained: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken

Note that as the Increased Duration skill gem is not directly triggered by CWDT, but supports EC/IC, Increased Duration can be levelled to gem level 20 without becoming ineffective even at CWDT level 1.
Last edited by Cyzax on Apr 6, 2015, 11:36:24 AM
There is another 'meatshield' combination that I've used often in addition to the summoning totem.

That's it... Throw three conversion traps into an enemy mob, and kill them while they fight among themselves. I deliberately don't level the Conversion Trap gem as you'll want the duration to be short (so you can kill the converted shortly after).
Last edited by Cyzax on Apr 6, 2015, 11:25:12 AM
Thank You once again :) now i understand :)

Regards
Still have problem with chaos damage, but this time i mean the Dominus fight. Is there an chance to kill him solo ? I tried a few times but it killes me when he triggers his chaos attack :/
New patch incoming .... multiple projectitives nerf and removing aura buff from pasive three :< is it any possiblility to keep this build alive ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info