[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

Been using your build and loving it, only reason I haven't made any currency out of it is because I've been trying to buy the uniques for it, only problem is that I'm lvl 67 and still haven't capped my resistances:

Spoiler

Do you have any recommendations on what to replace to cap resistances? I'm quite wary of picking Eldritch Battery since the ES has been saving me a lot and I would like my resistances as high as possible before giving up on my ES.

Also... How far can I go with this build if I get all the recommended uniques and other good gear? I'm going to make another more expensive character for Atziri no matter what in the future but it would be amazing to go all the way with the character that helped me get up on my feet.
"
"
Tuche wrote:
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Power siphon lets you gain a charge if you hit / kill a target

there is a gem called Power charge on Critical which also lets you gain charges

several unique items have interactions with PC's, there is a wiki page for it:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Power_charge

Hi,

thank you for this build! I am doing great at 84 and my gear is very good. See below:

My Gear

I am asking myself now what would be the best way to generate the power charges . . .

The best would be a 6-L Carcass (+Power on Crit support) i would say, but hell, that would be expensive . . .

What about Victario's Acuity? Will i be able to sustain the power charges?

Yea, Herald + Curse on Hit + Curse, would work too, but i would need to drop my Warp setup

Or Herald + Curse on Hit + Curse + Reduced Mana and drop my Skelies setup

I am very close to be able to drop my Clarity . . .

Glad you like it :)

There are 2 ways of gaining power charges reliably with this build that I like. The first and most reliable is a 5 or 6 link with power charge on crit of course. The second one is: curse on hit, herald of thunder, assassins mark :)

Thank you for the feedback, i got a 6L Carcass and put Power Charge Support Gem there, it is working very nice!

I am able to drop clarity now, i am at 4,5k Mana, wondering what aura i should exchange for the Clarity now . . .

Heralds? Or Haste?

I thought of using Herald of Ice, so i do the dmg on fireball explosions and sometimes the targets shatters and also explode doing cold dmg from the Herald of Ice explosion . . .

Or maybe some more defences?
Last edited by Tuche on Jan 4, 2015, 4:11:27 PM
Hey loving your build so far!

dropped for me in fetid pools in Merciless, can these be used with the crit build or would the increased mana usage be to much even for the mana regen we have. Think they sell for 1-3 exas so can always sell them to buy some better gear! Cheers for the help

Also I've found that even with a 10-15% quality fireball makes the Celestial Punishment node very worthwile.

Edit: Traded

for
Last edited by hunterkiller44 on Jan 5, 2015, 5:05:28 PM
Hi, new to the game and so far got to Act 3 of Merciless using your build. Just wondering if it's possible to have enough respec points by the end to switch to the Crit build - more damage can't be bad! ;D Sadly I read the thing about the camps too late, but I hear there's ways to revert your choices so... eventually...

Also, thanks for the great guide. x
"
LukeFerreira wrote:

Do you have any recommendations on what to replace to cap resistances? I'm quite wary of picking Eldritch Battery since the ES has been saving me a lot and I would like my resistances as high as possible before giving up on my ES.

Try getting resists preferably resist to all on your gear. As far as Eldritch Battery goes I specced into it then started dying all the time because I lacked the gems for survival so used some respec points to remove it.

This is my first real character and as the guide goes I think ignore EB until you get your Immortal Call 4 gem setup. I am in Act 3 Merciless and still only have 1 of that 4 gem set. Why the heck are they so rare? I only have Increased Duration so far.
I recently found the time to actually play this game an decided to use this build. I'm having a good time an just killed Piety.

My question is is it normal to find so few weapon upgrades at this low a level? I'm around level 36 an so far I have only found about 3 wand upgrades. I am dual wielding wands focusing on +spellpower and incresed fire damage.

Also what is the best way to determine if a wand is an upgrade. I try to compare the dps on the skill but I dont believe it factors in all the stats like +skill gem. I could be wrong but what do I know. Compounding the problem is dual wielding so it can be a little hard for me to determine if a wand is actually an upgrade or not.

Thanks for this build and any help is appreciated!
"
ahab427 wrote:
I recently found the time to actually play this game an decided to use this build. I'm having a good time an just killed Piety.

My question is is it normal to find so few weapon upgrades at this low a level? I'm around level 36 an so far I have only found about 3 wand upgrades. I am dual wielding wands focusing on +spellpower and incresed fire damage.

Also what is the best way to determine if a wand is an upgrade. I try to compare the dps on the skill but I dont believe it factors in all the stats like +skill gem. I could be wrong but what do I know. Compounding the problem is dual wielding so it can be a little hard for me to determine if a wand is actually an upgrade or not.

Thanks for this build and any help is appreciated!

He's got it listed the attributes you want in a wand. Fire damage/ Elemental damage, Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Crit Chance. Duel Wielding wont really help as much as you think, alot of shields have increased spell damage. I got through most of normal and cruel with Lifesprig haha.
Loved the build!

Last edited by NaneLz on Jan 7, 2015, 11:19:25 AM
At what point should I stop following the original video if I want to go with the crit spec? Currently I'm 2 nodes from sovereignty and cant maintain my arctic armor at the moment. Great guide! Just wondering the best way to go about specing into crit. THX
"
cryllic94 wrote:
"
LukeFerreira wrote:

Try getting resists preferably resist to all on your gear. As far as Eldritch Battery goes I specced into it then started dying all the time because I lacked the gems for survival so used some respec points to remove it.

This is my first real character and as the guide goes I think ignore EB until you get your Immortal Call 4 gem setup. I am in Act 3 Merciless and still only have 1 of that 4 gem set. Why the heck are they so rare? I only have Increased Duration so far.

I must be luckier than you are because I have got 3 of the Immortal call setup. I only need Enduring Cry to complete it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info