Anger/Determination

Totem:
Flame Totem

Intelligence Skills
Flammability
(Firestorm)

Dexterity Skills
(Fire Trap)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GgzjvfDwFn98UTQSzAnHwH6IAtPkyiVfid-XsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp6plXB9T32AVhoyUWBZ8-St3sGsqnKpfNlR5rQvQT_3MvjrQaoUcQYOY_0lrQPG_QsJ9qcwns125w48D8ymZMmYnYBgbd0FfVN65udq1HyCm7UERUcxATWAiLqdrhJpFxxxeacIFVATzE_zqlJR-ezL2CQ2xTbY8WzsVYgb74WXhSqNHwLmfIXFfuIrDZwth2Un7RkuNrrynAsobpeU-_e-cU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E

Is this viable/realizeable, i'm a total noob and this was just a fancy idea that i came up with, and that i wanted to try out, correct me on everything you see plz ^^

i don't even have any idea what gems to use, and whether that build is tanky enough/has enough mana, plz HALP
Last edited by 4skeladd on Feb 3, 2013, 9:25:05 AM
I've got balls of steel
Last edited by Freshbrewed on Feb 3, 2013, 10:14:02 AM
Thanks a lot for the fast answer, i will stick to that optimized skill tree then.

Do you get defense (survivability) rather due to resistance or life ? Because i tried to max the shield for defense.

And do you think my mana will be enough if i have an aura up ?

Are the Firetraps even viable ? (on what do they trigger as i have nearly 0 Dexterity)
I somehow ended up in a fire/tank build too. I'm currently in Cruel difficulty. With Freshbrewed's tree you won't have enough armor to survive.

Another thing is that most of the time you won't be able to use your mace to smash Infernal Blow on mobs. It's a seriously slow casting skill and won't be effective until you actually kill something, not to mention that your physical damage won't be high enough to make a nice base value for Infernal Blow to convert to fire.

As a tank, most of the time I spent casting Morten Shell, Flamability, Enduring Cry and maintain my HP, mana. For single target which is not strong enough to trigger Morten Shell or doesn't have physical damage portion, I use Flamability + Fire Storm.
"
panplan wrote:
I somehow ended up in a fire/tank build too. I'm currently in Cruel difficulty. With Freshbrewed's tree you won't have enough armor to survive.

Another thing is that most of the time you won't be able to use your mace to smash Infernal Blow on mobs. It's a seriously slow casting skill and won't be effective until you actually kill something, not to mention that your physical damage won't be high enough to make a nice base value for Infernal Blow to convert to fire.

As a tank, most of the time I spent casting Morten Shell, Flamability, Enduring Cry and maintain my HP, mana. For single target which is not strong enough to trigger Morten Shell or doesn't have physical damage portion, I use Flamability + Fire Storm.

So Fire-fullTank is not viable with that build, what is Freshbrewed's tree, i don't really know the passive trees ^^

What passive skill tree do you use as full tank, and can you play offtank viable in this game or should i go caster then ?
Personally I still don't think thats enough optimization.
SKILL TREE

I took out ALL of your Mace nodes. WHY?
Because you will soon find better weapons and find out that infernal blow... Blows.

With my tree you can switch to anything.. Cleave (swords/axes), Ground slam (maces), or lightning strike (any 1H weapon).

What path will you follow?
FOllow my path straight to shield and resists getitng the much needed dex on the way. I have no idea why you didn't pick Spell Block. Spell block gives you a 5% chance to block spells. You'll wish you had that endgame.

Next you go str8 up to minion explode and grab life on the way up.
Why Avoid Cast interuption
When ur surrounded trying to cast molten shell you'll know why.

Why Minion Explode?
You said you wanted fire dmg right? How about 1k fire dmg per minion exploding? You will need the meat shield. Spell totem + summon skeletons = more minions exploding. Keeps bosses occupied.

Why Marauder resist and life nodes?
I don't know about you but I dislike dieing.

Why all those Regen Nodes
Blood Rage. 3 Frenzy charges give 15% attack speed. Plus you get 6% life leech.

Why all those Endurance Charges?
5% dmg reduction and 5% all resists per endurance charge. Thats why.

Why no Resolute Technique?
Because you will have over 90 dex. All you will need is 1 item with over 100 accuracy rating.

Why Elemental Adaption?
I got hit once by pietys ice shot w/ 80% cold res and it took 1500 dmg. If I had 50% resist I prolly would have been 1 shot at lvl 67 :(

WHy unvaivering stance and the 15% speed node
I would not have went for the speed node but since unwaivering stance is there I took it. Unwaivering stance is 100% needed and it also applies to shield blocking.

Why did you uise all 110 points?
To show you possible paths to take. You obviously won't use all 110 points.
End game you can probably unspec out of minion explode and go more melee because once your level 80 they will do so little damage they prolly won't be worth it. But they are definately worth it up until then.

Why none of the life leech nodes?
Blood rage is going to be doing the leeching for us!

Once You get good end game gear you can slowly spec out of the resists too. But the resists keep options open, so all you need to look for is +armor, +hp and +chaos resist gear.

My recommended skills and attack combo is this:
LC- Infernal Blow + WPN ele dmg + Added Fire DMG + Mana leech
CC- Auras + Raise Zombies + Minion life
RC- Spell Totem + Raise Skeletons + Minion Life
Q- Lightning Strike + Chain/Fork + Weapon Ele Dmg
W- Enduring cry + Faster Cast
E- Molten Shell + Life Leech + Mana Leech + faster Cast
R- Leap Slam + Added Fire Dmg + Added Melee Dmg + Mana Leech
T- Ele Weakeness / Flammibility / Enfeeble

WHat you do.
Cast Blood Rage
Run close to mob.
Throw up a skelly totem.
Cast Enduring Cry
Curse
Cast Molten Shell
Spam 1-2 lightning strikes
Leap slam in there.
Then Infernal blow away.

Try to time is so that by the time u leap slam in there 1-2 infernal blows will level them.

IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
is there a way to build without Dexterity ? I don't really like that stat
For only 3 extra points, you get....

High lvl faster attacks
High lvl blood rage
Chance to Crit
Access to a whole other tier of armor while leveling up
Chance to evade.

Don't forget its 3 extra points just to get resolute technique.
The pros far outweigh the cons. But hey you can do whever you want. I've done this build in the past and it works well. It was a 2H staff templar though and I utilized the blocking of the staff.

Just wait till you find those super sexy gloves with +13% attack speed +60 life and life leech. But they are evasion gloves. You'll be hitting yourself in the face for not stacking dex.

P.S. I just had a thought.
Spoiler
W? 2x koams ring you can get 7 endurance charges.
and you can made it to the duelist dex tree and get 1 more frenzy charge w/ blood rage.

Leap slam into a mob pack and BAM discharge them back to the stone age and regen urself to 100% health.
Discharge + Iron WIll + Life Leech + Mana leech

This build is nice except from Infernal blow. I just dont see any way of making that skill useful other then the fact that it looks cool.

I would use glacial hammer/double strike as single target. Leap slam, lightning strike, cleave, or ground slam as aoe.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Feb 3, 2013, 1:46:52 PM
That's more like it. No one would use Infernal Blow without being sure that the blow will "BLOW!". Lightning Strike to reduce mobs' HP is a wise choice. I think though if you're seriously surrounded casting Morten Shell will result in instant explosion which would lead to more Morten Shell. In that case, "Attacks" would be less utilized than "Spell" though. Still, it's a nice diversification and more armors in a few seconds helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info