Building a base.

I was wondering what you as a new player did to build your base. I've played this game on and off and invested a bit of time into it and barely have any currency nor a character really viable enough to decently map. I've looked through build after build and as I've found most builds require at least a few exalts worth of gear to be remotely decent towards act3 (might I add I've never seen an exalt drop ever in my time playing). So what builds did you guys use to make it late game and do well in mapping when on low currency just starting out?
Key is using chaos recipe. I use the 1 chaos recipe until I no longer care for selffound jewelery then I use the 2 chaos recipe.

That's what I do at the start. Selling whatever you find quickly helps a lot too(assuming new league).
Last edited by kasub on Jul 12, 2014, 1:19:14 PM
PoE is an easy game to start, but it takes a time investment to master.
Things you need to do -
1. Learn the skill tree for your character. Read the build guides in your Characters forum until you have a good idea of what a successful tree looks like.
2. Learn how to trade. Read the trade chat. Figure out the orb conversion rates that are fair and reasonable. Figure out what items are valuable and worth trading.
3. Learn the currency recipes and practice using them
4. Frequently read and post in your characters forum. Also read and post in this forum.

If you do all those things you will become a much better player, and you will eventually be helping others with improving their PoE game play.

You can get through the game self-found. The problem with most "builds" is that they're only for people who play 19 hours a day, 8 days a week, for years on end. 5 exalts for this, 20 exalts for that, when anyone who plays as a diversion, has, in all likelihood (and like you and me), never seen one. Besides, trading in the game is too time-consuming and awkward to bother with. The only reason it works at all is because of 3rd party tools.

Consult builds only to get some of the basic concepts down - what the best supports are for a particular skill, for instance. Use what you find, consult the wiki for the vendor recipes, and use those. You'll never have the perfect gear, nor probably even a 5-link (6 is completely out of the question), but you can nonetheless complete the game, run some maps, and have some fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info