Why this build isn't working properly?

So i decided to try out a build with Ice spear + Cold to fire + Elemental proliferation + Increased critical damage

The plan was if the ice spear's second form crits it will also deal fire damage that should trigger elemental proliferation which would be based on the ice spear's crit damage. The problem is it seems that elemental proliferation doesn't even trigger on my crits. Even tried it with a chance to ignite gem, it's a flat 25% at lvl1 but it seemed to trigger much less than that.
Is there any reason for that? It seems very unlogical to me that it isn't working.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Hard to say with such little information.

My guess is that when you crit with Ice Spear, you also kill the target and because 50% of the damage dealt was Ice, the monster shatters on death leaving no corpse to proliferate from.

You could solve that by grabbing the Avatar Of Fire -keystone turning all of the Ice Spears' damage into fire (100% conversion with Cold to Fire + AoF).
Thank you, i'll try that :)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
If avatar works use a regret and buy a pyre ring it converts 100% cold to fire
Crap double post
Last edited by Drayid on Jul 11, 2014, 7:32:43 AM
"
Drayid wrote:

Yes Pyre would my goal but i didn't played the game for months so i dunno how rare is that ring and how much it costs, i'm planning the build w/o it.
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
Drayid wrote:

Yes Pyre would my goal but i didn't played the game for months so i dunno how rare is that ring and how much it costs, i'm planning the build w/o it.

"Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on kill."

-> no proliferate with this ring since again, no corpses to proliferate from.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
Drayid wrote:

"Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on kill."

-> no proliferate with this ring since again, no corpses to proliferate from.

Oh, i see, thank you again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info