Evasion - Block - Dodge - Blinding. Can someone explain me the formula please :)??

a great explanation, DeviantLightning. Thanks
if I could report your post for being great, i would. =D
Last edited by DoneDirtCheap on Jul 11, 2014, 12:01:34 AM
"
Everything has a 5% base evasion unless you take Unwavering Stance (which sets your evasion to 0% in exchange for granting you immunity to stuns). By extension, "chance to hit" is capped at 95% unless US or RT are involved.

You already know how to calculate independent probabilities from dodge and block. Which is good.

But what you need to know is that EVASION IS NOT BASED ON RNG. The percentile in your evasion is not a "chance" at all. It's a guaranteed and distributed RATIO.
Secondly, the tooltip for evasion is an ESTIMATE based on the average monster accuracy for your level.
Thirdly, the formula doesn't explain the whole story. Just ignore it for now, it's not part of the big picture.

What really goes on is that you have a personal entropy score from 0-99 which resets to a random value if you're out of combat for 6 seconds.

Monster "chance to hit" is how much each attack adds to your entropy score. If your score hits 99 or greater, 100 points are subtracted from your score and you are hit and the process starts over again.

Again "chance to hit" is horribly misleading. It's actually entropy "damage" to your entropy "hit points." So when you take a total of 99 or more entropy, you become hit. A monster with 60% chance to hit adds 60 to your entropy score when it attacks. Blind merely drops the "entropy damage" to a quarter of what it was before. I presume that a dodged or block attack forgives the "entropy damage" that any attack would incur.

In truth the tooltip would be a lot clearer if it listed "estimated entropy decay" instead of "chance to hit" and "estimated entropy pool" for "chance to evade."

So at 50% evasion, the score system always insures that it'll be "hit-miss-hit-miss-hit-miss."

50% block still means you can still get "hit-hit-hit-hit-hit." Although it's statistically unlikely.

Again, remember that your starting entropy is reset out of combat and that this part is random. It might start at 0 or at 98. This still means that the theoretical "one shot" really is at the mercy of the RNG gods. But in practice, you took life and resistances and can read broadcasted attacks like a sensible person.

Thx for your clear explanation. The only doubt now is: stand by this explanation seems that blinding affect also spells? Because if their chance to hit usually is 100%, whit blinding it is decreased at 25%? Or do i still lost something??
For Spells and Resolute technique users just forget the numbers : they can't miss so Blind has no effect.
"
Yesu wrote:
For Spells and Resolute technique users just forget the numbers : they can't miss so Blind has no effect.

Thx you too m8 :)!! Now i think it's all clear.. Thx all guys :)!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info