Elemental Bow Templar

Because the Templar is next to a lot of useful elemental dmg nodes just like many life and resistance ones I think the Templar might be a better LA/Ice Shot user than the Ranger.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIilPgpvsOFfiMol35QSzAnEUTfAfgW-ePE3YjHZ8uySLPQ999cT2xBUn7fPdrKpyqXzZd2LzcRku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYGjinhJBVPC3Grrc-erhs9oLkkBFz4feIX6qKr66Tplc64Yjxbqoyfhpsna4ZhSSqNunjaqcI2t2PRtDQz2VVxhZvm6Fnve5v

The Templar tree lacks of dex nodes so i figured that I won´t have enough dex to build a good amount of dexterity. However Resolute Technique fixes this for me. I also specced into a node that grants +20 dex and 10% accuracy just for the dex which I will need in order to be able to use bows and to use LA/Ice Shot. Additionally to the dex nodes I will use a Light Quiver which grants me +36 to compensate for the lack of dex.

How do you like the build and what would you improve on it?

I saw some guy running around doing the elemental bow templar thing today and he was mowing down things faster than the melee could get to them, in a full party. It looked like he had greater multiple projectile and lightning arrow as his primary attack.

Seemed EXTREMELY effective. Not sure what his exact build was though.
In closed beta i loved watching Kripp play his lightning arrow templar and despite the nerfs i decided for open beta to try to make it work. Of course after 2 days it turned out everybody is using LA but wtvr. This was my first char so i started in default since i was assuming i would die a lot before i fine-tune the build.
I am at the end of Cruel, so far have died once due to being stupid and trying to rush a zone.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AtQTkIilP7DhX4nflMokEsxRNAnHwH6IAgW-ePE3YjHZ8u_NxJIs9D8T2J-0ZLtSPud3yL-8OZ5spLny4PfxYY8bYUFCMz_ZIXz8abBmFJKo26eNqna6nCLiTDH0Qf8ae2CQ2xY9G0NDPZVXGFm-boWe97m8fAgQHTLMtH20ZwfOCHtsL

This is the basis of the build i'm aiming for, from that i can get more mana and life nodes in the witch tree, either resolute technique or crit chance, more armor/ES, more resist nodes, reduced aura mana reservation or a few other things depending what i feel i will need.

The build works pretty well so far. The biggest problems are early game mana and mana regen. Late game as the OP mentioned - Dex for the high-end bows. So far I have gotten away with only the accuracy/dex nodes because i got a lot of dex on my gear (39dex light quiver of course). But later on I might need to get those 2 30dex nodes.

I recommend buying Clarity by the time you are using Anger and Wrath at lvl 6 (don't level them higher until you gain more mana) and you have around 150 mana unreserved. Also Ice Shot is a rly good single target until you get elemental hit. If you don't have LMP by the time you get LA as a reward you need to buy it. If you don't have enough to spend on chain or you don'r drop it - Fork works rly well as a replacement for the time being.
"
Gimdir wrote:

This is the basis of the build i'm aiming for, from that i can get more mana and life nodes in the witch tree, either resolute technique or crit chance, more armor/ES, more resist nodes, reduced aura mana reservation or a few other things depending what i feel i will need.

What would you think of going for EB instead for the mana? So you could use lots of auras and it would be cheaper point wise than specing towards the witch tree.
I do go for Eldritch Battery, it is mandatory pretty much. But even after that you still want more mana and mana regen for more Auras and the higher costing skills the more you link them and level them.
You don't need Dex to build damage on a bow templar right? Just spec into Restech and Iron grip?
You don't need Dex for dmg but you do need Dex for some of your skills at max levels and of course for higher level bows.
Unless you get a godly 3 elements dmg roll on a low dex req bow, since the phys dmg on the bow doesn't matter.
Also since you don't have ES you need a lot of defence nodes and it may not be enough to go for Iron Grip although I haven't reached that point yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info