Snapshotting

Wow. Thank you very much.

My roommate uses Arctic Armor (not snapshotting) and is annoyed with having to recast it every zone. Could these new mechanics assist in elevating that chore?
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
You guys are awesome. While it sucks that it took so long to fix, I prefer done right to done hastily...so kudos or whatever. Looking forward to this patch!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
Question: Switching to a weapon set that grants me a curse skill (be it corrupted or on a unique on hit) and I apply it to the monster, does it still apply after I switch back to my regular weapons? I hope so, that was one of the reasons I liked the secondary weapon set in D2 (charges and whatnot) and IMO one of the uses for secondary weapon slot that should stay.
Yes, currently. Curses being a debuff placed on a monster rather than a buff/aura on you are not connected to you after casting.
Particularly abusive cases of curse use are being fixed via other means.
If those prove ineffective, it might be possible in future to extend this system to constant maintaining and updating of curses, but that would require an extra solution for "curse on hit" unique items, which can curse things without you ever having a curse skill.

No Way man! That's cheating! SNAPSHOTTER!!!!

Hey I weapon switch to a bow with frenzy... then switch back to my other weapon's tab...
Do I get to keep those Frenzy Charges? SNAPSHOTTER!!!! That's cheating.. Abusive game mechanics...

How can you not see that's the same things as... hey I weapon switch and cast RF then weapon switch back... If you're gonna selectively screw RF users with that double standard just get rid of the second weapon slot altogether...

anytime you fully equip every item and every gem and hit nothing except your weapon switch hot key... THAT SHOULD BE ALLOWED!

To just single one particular skill and say, NO! RF BAD! and allow every other instance in the game to continue to benefit from pressing your weapon switch hotkey to use a skill is a ridiculously unfair double standard.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
"
Mohun wrote:
19/20 zombies raised in one of
with mont / level 1 empower/19 minion life and minion dmg = 12k HP, yeah they tank things but hit like girls/ 4 wont be enough after the fix.

if we add the shield that give 100+ extra life with NA - nice but still, enemies don't only target minions and I tend to encounter more spell caster mobs in maps so spell block is more ideal for them I think.

buff the nodes we have now to add more dmg/life leech (we don't have many points to experiment)

add a minion node for 5% chance to blind/1% of dmg leeched as life. put it after NA so people who want Minion instability can still have it proc..people who want minions to survive can make it easier

add a cluster of 3 'cast speed while raising' nodes after Minion instability. 5/10% each

add a super node - 40% to ele res/40% to chaos res/100 to life/50 to mana/ALL stats from equiped items apply to minions instead of yourself/ deal no dmg

I really like that super node idea. It'll have to give you more stats to be worth taking though. If my minions get everything and I get nothing from equips, we'll be walking around with 1-2k health!

"
robmafia wrote:
i think it's really stupid that we can't summon spectres with individual support gems, anymore.

ie: if using a 4-link with RS, minion life, minion damage, and one extra slot... i can't have 2 ranged spectres with gmp and an evangelist with culling strike, now they'll all be whatever the 4th gem is. ie: all would be either GMP or culling strike, whichever happens to be equipped not at the time of summoning, but the time of play.

this drastically limits diversity. now we might as well all run 3-4 of the same spectre type, there's no reason to mix it up.

ie: all of my spectres will need to be ranged or evangelists or melee - mixing it up only mitigates any advantage (gmp does nothing for evangelists, multistrike does nothing for non-melee, etc).

tl;dr - summoners won't just be nerfed, they'll be boring as hell.

I came here to say this. I usually run 2 evangelists and a tentacle miscreation or chaos dmg bear or firedog, but they all use different supports! I'm probably still gonna make summoners, but can there be an additional check for the support gems so spectre diversity is still a thing in my minion families? :(
It is intentional that running two sets of supports for a skill requires two supported versions of the skill. Raise Spectre (and other minion gems) are now being brought into line with all other skills, for which this is already true.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 18, 2014, 12:03:44 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It is intentional that running two sets of supports for a skill requires two supported versions of the skill. Raise Spectre (and other minion gems) are now being brought into line with all other skills, for which this is already true.

no offense (seriously), but the above (anti-diversity for spectres) and the fact that you think 4 grasp zombies in its current state are even remotely comparable to 10-11 non-grasp zombies (or that you think the +500 life is enough of a benefit to warrant losing 6-7 zombies) shows how out of touch you collectively are, regarding summoners.

i truly don't mean to be offensive by stating this, but it (out of touch) appears to be fact.

edit: how is using different spectres with different support gems exploitative when they all use the same number of gems and it's the same number of available slots?!

it wasn't even snapshotting.

you've gone so far to negate snapshotting that you ruined mechanics that weren't even being exploited.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 18, 2014, 12:20:38 AM
are you planning to buff summoners to compensate for the MASSIVE nerf that is being handed out?
"
robmafia wrote:

edit: how is using different spectres with different support gems exploitative when they all use the same number of gems and it's the same number of available slots?!

You are perfectly able to have two different spectres running different supports, as long as you keep the two skills (and supports) equipped.

"
robmafia wrote:
shows how out of touch you collectively are, regarding summoners.

i truly don't mean to be offensive by stating this, but it (out of touch) appears to be fact.
Hmm, I wouldn't completely agree. What Mark's stating (about the durability of grasp zombies) is pretty sensible on paper, it just starts to fall apart a bit (how much is debatable) during practical application, due to how resists are calculated, the meat-shield advantage of 8 over 4, etc.

I also believe Mark brought up NA under the intention of combining it with montregul's for even more durability than the mace itself, something people king of glossed over. (I'm guessing) Rathpith would be particularly potent with Montregul's and Skullhead, since they all feed into each-others stats, although you'd be pretty delicate due to the lack of shield and meaningful (for you) helm slot.

Side note: it'd be great if energy shield wasn't somewhat wasted on minions. No real idea how to make it better, it's just one of the least effective things you can give them via NA or auras.

Also, I endorse the person who suggested skeletons should get move-speed as they level. I really would love it if self-cast skeleton summoning could be incorporated into some builds - the full screen quick-summon utility is there, skeletons themselves just kind of suck. Alberon's Warpath would be great boots for a melee/summoner hybrid, if the +2 skeleton stat suddenly became meaningful. I'd also refer back to my "you should be able specialize into specific summons more" comment.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

You are perfectly able to have two different spectres running different supports, as long as you keep the two skills (and supports) equipped.

yeah, ok. so... if one wants to run 2 supported evangelists and 1-2 supported other spectres... s/he needs to sacrifice an entire piece of equipments' worth of gems just to have the same amount of same powered spectres?!

see, you're REALLY out of touch.

no one's going to do that. they'll just make 3-4 evangelists or 3-4 tentacle miscreations or 3-4 (insert monster here).

in an attempt to make the game more fun and less mundane... you just made it more mundane. there's now incentive NOT to diversify!
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info