Snapshotting

My understanding is that while low life was originally intended as a temporary thing, we're fine with it being possible to do it permanently, but it's intended that it's not easy to achieve permanent low-life without significant investment.
"
geradon wrote:
@ mark_ggg
it's not directly related to snapshotting but is there any chance that arctic armor doesn't have to be recast after every area transition after the patch?

if no, what makes it different from auras?
Auras are permanent. Arctic Armour is inherently not permanent.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Uh, this thread. Hurts the brain how much drama over a change that GGG has said was coming. Searched through the thread for something but did not see it. Yup read all the arguments why snapshotting is not snapshotting. :)

Anyway, my question.

I'm an ES based RF and always wondered if the more damage from RF applied to rf. I've never noticed a difference between l1 rf or l1q20 rf or l20 rf so always assumed the mods did not apply. If they do, great. If not, will rf now dynamically take those bonuses into account since it looks at status after cast. Another question but similar is blood dance boots damage mod. My assumption is that the damage bonus will now apply to rf dynamically as well.

Looking forward to this change if that is the case. Buff for me :)
RF deals damage over time, which is not (and cannot be) spell damage, and is thus unaffected by any modifiers specific to spell damage, including the one it grants. The Blood Dance damage increase is not specific to any particular type of damage, so will apply to the burning from RF, and will update dynamically as you gain or loose frenzy charges.
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I believe this will also allow [Tempest Shield] to weapon swap between two sets if both have shields, but I haven't tested this specifically - I'll test now and report back.

What results from the testing (if any)?

Paraphrased from a post a couple weeks and 50ish pages ago, btw.
Whoops, must have forgotten to post the results of that at the time - keeping up with the thread was a bit tricky. It does work, provided of course that the tempest shield gem itself isn't in any of the items being swapped.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
litesabr wrote:
After reading Mark's replies about righteous fire so far, I still am unclear on a point. If I socket RF + Empower + Enhance + Increased AOE in my offhand weapon that has +1 skill gems, will RF keep all the bonuses granted from the gems (including the +1 gem level) once cast and swapped back to primary weapon? Will the spell damage buffs from RF still be increased?
Yes, under the current system. Because the gem is removed, the in-progress action can't tell anything about the gem any more - including it's current (increased) level or what supports are on it - so it's forced to use the state it was in when it was last equipped.

It now sounds like Carl and Rory are keen for more changes to RF to make this less possible/useful, so that may not still be the case by the time the patch is deployed. I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.

UPDATE: the solution discussed here:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We're currently looking into some solutions like keeping the part where it burns yourself, but removing the enemy burning and/or spell damage, so you couldn't escape burning yourself, but do need to keep the gem socketed to get actual use out of it. At this point I can't say if that's the path we'll take or not, or even if anything will change from the article before 1.2.0. As I said, I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date.
Has been confirmed and implemented. If you remove the RF gem, you'll still be burning, but you'll lose the spell damage bonus and the enemy burning effect, until you put the gem back.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 30, 2014, 7:04:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info