Action Screenshot Competition Prizes Increased

"
obadonke wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Pretty awesome way to engage your player base and get some really neat potential promo shots for yourselves.

The cynic in me is questioning the validity of awarding prizes that cost GGG absolutely nothing yet bring commercial gain.

Luckily, we're not all cynics. :P

I could argue that in the long run, it will cost GGG the amount of money for the points because the person that wins will be less likely to pay for that amount of points since they got them for free.

It's a very generous reward and gives people that would love to have points and can't afford them the opportunity to win some. Who doesn't love MTX points?

Chris could very well open a thread and ask for screen shots and offer no prize - Just a winner and people would still post screen shots like crazy. Offering up any prize at all is a very nice thing to do.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
obadonke wrote:
The cynic in me is questioning the validity of awarding prizes that cost GGG absolutely nothing yet bring commercial gain. Luckily, we're not all cynics. :P

what's next? ggg paying players for playing their "free to play"-game?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
increased prices ... wow thats very nice....
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
you actually listened to my suggestion, keep it up
"
peachii wrote:
"
obadonke wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Pretty awesome way to engage your player base and get some really neat potential promo shots for yourselves.

The cynic in me is questioning the validity of awarding prizes that cost GGG absolutely nothing yet bring commercial gain.

I could argue that in the long run, it will cost GGG the amount of money for the points because the person that wins will be less likely to pay for that amount of points since they got them for free.

It's a very generous reward and gives people that would love to have points and can't afford them the opportunity to win some. Who doesn't love MTX points?

Chris could very well open a thread and ask for screen shots and offer no prize - Just a winner and people would still post screen shots like crazy. Offering up any prize at all is a very nice thing to do.

Peachii's right. If I win, that's $X GGG won't get from me since I'll have the points from the prize.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
peachii wrote:
"
obadonke wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

On the other hand you never have enough points ...
Especially for stash tabs.
I don´t even know how many stash tabs I have currently and I keep filling them up with trash in a matter of days, time 2 sort things out I guess -.-*

So in my case I guess it wouldn´t make a big difference.
Last edited by Obscuritas on Jun 12, 2014, 5:24:33 AM
"
Obscuritas wrote:
On the other hand you never have enough points ...Especially for stash tabs.

yes, you can. especially if you have so many that you have to put in trash to get them to some use.
"
Obscuritas wrote:
So in my case I guess it wouldn´t make a big difference.

yes, your statements contradict each other :)

Good stuff. Will certainly enter the contest.

What is the best way to make a screenshot in game? You can use the in game option(not sure how to do so yet tho) or are there better options to get better quality?
"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
Good stuff. Will certainly enter the contest.

What is the best way to make a screenshot in game? You can use the in game option(not sure how to do so yet tho) or are there better options to get better quality?

ingame option is quite functional (press F8), you can find the images in your current your profile folder (c:/users/username/myImages/path of exile)
is there a button to remove the GUI and healthbars? something like WOW?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info