Sweep them off their feet!

Skill Tree:

So, this is basically a Sweep build for Templar that maximizes the AoE range of Sweep. Please tell me if you see anything that can be improved.

Skills:
1. Sweep
2. Any single target you want for bosses
3. Decoy Totem (brings mobs together for the Sweep while taking some DPS off of you)

Equipment:
1. Armor
2. Energy Shield
3. Prioritize HP on equipment
4. Can either go minimal on Elemental Resists here since so much resist is taken in the Skill Tree, or you can go heavier on the resists here and take a few points off the Skill Tree to be allocated toward DPS. Your choice.

Leveling:

1. Early on, you may want to pick up the 2 Precision nodes near your starting point so that your accuracy sticks to ~90% if possible. Once you're within 2 points from Resolute Technique, respec out of those Precision nodes.

2. Gather all the Life Nodes near the starting point 1st. Then grab Aoe nodes just north of them. Next step is to B-line toward Resolute Technique as quickly as possible (or else you'll start running into accuracy issues if you don't have nice +accuracy on your equipment). Resolute Technique is an awesome DPS boost, since now every Sweep should hit everything nearby. By the time you grab all the AoE nodes, you should be able to Sweep and hit everything on your screen.

3. Head to the northern AoE nodes. They're only slightly further away than the ones in the middle and give overall better effects.

4. Your choice - if you feel like you need more survivability right now, head to the Marauder starting area to pick up the Life and Armor nodes, otherwise grab the AoE nodes in the center first.

5. At End Game you can get rid of the Elemental Resist nodes if your equipment has enough resist on them that you no longer need them. You can add DPS by specializing in either Two-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Axes, or Staffs. There's nodes near the build for each of those.

So, please tell me what you think and I'm happy to receive suggestions on making this build better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info